PDA

View Full Version : Kess V2 hardware problem

jolor
30th November, 2016, 12:42 AM
Today when I was going to use my Kess V2 it gives me error "external exception eefface" and repair that the red led does not turn on when I connect to the usb port. Has anyone had this problem?

jolor
30th November, 2016, 12:56 PM
No one can help?

dtip
30th November, 2016, 02:52 PM
Probably no connection to SD card, open it and clean it and try again, change usb cable also.

jolor
5th December, 2016, 01:03 AM
After many verifications the problem is not with SD card. Is for sure hardware problem. I connect usb cable and computer recognise interface, but red ligth not power on and. Someone have too this problem?

dtip
5th December, 2016, 01:24 AM
Mate tf card is part of hardware you have to open it and clean it, there were same problems with kess clone other ppl had, google it. Some of solutions were (taken from other source) :

Possible reason:

Driver issue

Driver is not well installed
2. TF connection issue
Kess V2/Ktag fails to read out TF card program or the program in the TF card not working properly

Solution:
1. Make sure driver is well/completed installed.

2. If driver is set properly. Dissemble the kess v2 or Ktag device to check the TF card. Replace the TF card.

Clean up the shrapnel on the card slot with a brush
If the card slot shrapnel is not flexible enough, lift up the shrapnel a little bit to make sure it can communicate well with the TF card
Clean the TF card and then put it back to card slot

Try other pc with new drivers, and then check card slot and card

flashtech
6th December, 2016, 08:34 PM
One of my friends had this problem and solution was - when you open box, take out plate - and near with usb port there is small resistor or something like that. He desoldered it and kess started to work again. But in most cases eeface error shows up when having problems with sd card - like others said before.
See picture.