PDA

View Full Version : HP ProDesk 400 G3 MT

AirShowNut
4th December, 2016, 09:22 PM
I have just bought the pc mentioned in the title bar above and would like some info on the power supply it uses.
I have tried the HP web site (nothing), i have tried HP live chat (nothing), i have searched the net for hours (nothing).
The tower only contains a measly 180 Watt power supply which is not enough as i plan to install a graphics card and so i need to uprate the PS. Problem is i don't know and can't find which type is installed and weather i can get an uprated one that fits.
The one in the tower has flat looking black plugs and not the usual white molex type of plugs.
I'm looking at around a 350 - 400 watt as a replacement but don't know which one to buy.
Any help appreciated (especially with links).
Cheers.

rogermcgomry
17th December, 2016, 06:20 AM
A quick search showed the HP ProDesk 400 G1 stock power supply is 300W with part number D11-300N1A. It looks like a regular ATX power supply though. You can probably stick just about any ATX 400W supply in it to meet your needs. Those flat black plugs are a newer standard for SATA drives, replacing the old white molex connections. SATA connections hit the market well over a decade ago.

AirShowNut
19th December, 2016, 09:05 PM
All sorted now.
I bought a Sumvision 600 Watt unit which fitted the tower case perfectly.
Only issue was no mini sata connector for a slimline dvd drive (which the tower came with) so i cut the +ve and -ve leads on one of the molex plugs,cut the mini sata connector off the old power supply.A quick soldering job and some heat shrink tubing and all is well.
Cheers.