PDA

View Full Version : Uncharted 2 scores a hat trick!

Raven
18th September, 2009, 09:00 PM
Game's finished, releases worldwide in about 4 weeks time, so far 3 reviews have surfaced for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, basically the game has received maximal scores so far....US Official Playstation Magazine rates it 5/5, French PSM3 magazine rates it purposefully 21/20 suggesting the game is literally off the chart...and most recently, GamesRadar website has a multi page review of the game with video of gameplay included (the game looks awesome!) and they sing it's praises too - they also give it a maximal score - 10/10...citing that one of the only legit downers about the game is the fact that it ends.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Review, PS3 Reviews | Games Radar.com (http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/uncharted-2-among-thieves/review/uncharted-2-among-thieves-review/a-2009091875511998094/g-200812159395546092)

They also call it "finally the killer app for PS3!". I agree wholeheartedly myself, I still think the first one is a killer app for the PS3 even now 2 years on - something tells me Uncharted 2 will blow it out of the water though!

As much of an Uncharted fan as I am, and with good reason, I don't think anybody would rightly and truthfully disagree that at this moment in time Uncharted 2 is pushing gaming forward in terms of what is possible, and surprise surprise, it's yet another PS3 game exclusive that's doing the technology pushing and raising a lot of eyebrows in the process.

At this point, I should also add that the multi player online of Uncharted is fantastic....very similar to Gears as you can imagine, in fact when it comes to online you might call this the PS3's Gears because the cover based shooting element is almost identical - except this game looks a crap ton better and also you can do a lot more in this game on top of just cover based shooting although that's the focus obviously.

Based on the ratings and what I've seen and played of this game, which is far too little still, non the less I'll be highly surprised if this game does not win Game Of The Year and I think that it will, that's no exaggeration - put it this way it's either this game or Call Of Duty that's going to win GOTY, that much is obvious. I know who's side I'm on as if it isn't obvious after reading this post! ;)

Metal Gear Solid 4 walked away with GOTY award for the PS3 platform aswell as Overall GOTY on all formats in 2008 and deservedly so I might add....if this year's awards follow the same trend of the best/most deserving game wining the awards then I'll bet Uncharted 2 walks away with the same honors at the end of this year for 2009 both for PS3 and across all formats - there's only 1 winner for the Xbox 360 platform though, obviously that's Modern Warfare 2.

EDIT

The perfect streak has come to an end.....but the good news is IGN's review of Uncharted 2 is in - first review from a major website - and it scored a sublime 9.5/10 and IGN call the game "incredible" and make the following statement as a lead in to their review "Naughty Dog delivers a stellar sequel that impresses from start to finish, and that doesn't even include the multiplayer."

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/102/1026373p1.html