PDA

View Full Version : OpenBox V9s channel up and down when selected from FAV - with workaround

xastra2002
9th December, 2016, 11:42 AM
Hi Guys
I just bought OpenBox V9s yesterday and explored to see what the craic , first impression was good but there are too many unwanted channels is there a way to clean up and get something like sky have currently
I have come across two issue and the workaround as follows
a. Usually when trying to watch channels from FAV list had to select the Fav folder and then the Channel and pressing select or OK brings to the full screen
i . when try to change the channels using keyboard notice that the channel goes back to channel 001 not matter what channel you were in the FAV folder
Workaround :
select Ok on the remote then select the FAV list again and then click on the channel once and then Exit ( this is important) now you can change the channels

b. When the FAV channel list is big for example International the above workaround does't work it still goes back to channel 0001
Any idea how to fix this or move the FAV folder to upwards

Thanks

martin035
10th December, 2016, 03:47 PM
Found this whilst trying to answer a different question, might be of use to you, best if you dump your present V9's channel list on to USB so that you have a backup

1. Unzip the attached file
2. Put the .bin file on a USB
3. Insert USB into v9
4. Upgrade by USB
5. Reboot

xastra2002
12th December, 2016, 10:40 AM
Thanks Martin
I will try tonight to see if this attached bin makes any difference

wobblyprop
14th December, 2016, 05:50 PM
Thanks Martin, however the Channel list does not work, file showed fine on V9s when through the upgrade/flash process after selecting file & box even rebooted,,, but same Fav Channels as prior (I also tried again by dumping existing Fav's) the V9s is virtually unusable with this glitch of being unable to change Channel's via straight forward Remote Control click, EPG is also dire (similar or even worse than the old Dreambox DM500!) also seen video's of folks getting a Split TV Screen EPG on these box's, not here!) all in all reckon its a backwards step from the V8 and only benefit is inbuilt Wifi and that does not do as it should either after selecting auto connect! This one is going into the cupboard & staying there until I can update with working firmware

peterme
15th January, 2017, 07:26 PM
Yes I am having the same problems, ther just isn't enough stuff out there yet, let me know if you get anywhere with this or any updates
Cheers
sadlad15

koshba
15th February, 2017, 04:13 PM
cant find an upto date channel list anywhere

martin035
15th February, 2017, 07:26 PM
Is this any good dated 23.11.2016

http://www.openbox.net.cn/V9/Download.htm

xastra2002
20th February, 2017, 02:38 PM
A new firmware V16.74 will available shortly via Update by Network menu. After updating this issue will be solved. If you still experience the same problem please do a factory reset in Tools menu. But after reset you have to update the channel list and others settings as reset will delete everything from the box.

Abisdad
9th March, 2017, 06:59 PM
I have a new v9s that has been fully updated then wiped and re updated as stated and it still has the same glitch when you select channels in favourites. Help please. Also do not have the preview screen in epg

portvalefanjosh
14th March, 2017, 12:18 AM
Anyone know where skyboxoffice channels are? Also a load of ~~~~ channels are missing also. ?

portvalefanjosh
14th March, 2017, 12:20 AM
I already have v16.76 wouldn't v16.74 be going backwards?

xastra2002
23rd March, 2017, 08:00 PM
Lastly I have found a workaround on my initial post

I removed all the channels in sports ie fav and added all the favorite channels

If you do not want to remove the channels , go to the Favorite select the channels power off and power on .. the up and down works magically

cruise1972
1st April, 2017, 06:47 PM
Hi, thanks xastra2002 the switching off/on works for me. I have noticed a new patch version but this will not download/update and when I update the channel list it goes through all the correct motions reboots but when I check again it still shows that i have the same version.

gritterboy18
5th April, 2017, 09:01 PM
Is the v9s able to receive these missing channels ie...sky sports news at the moment

joe516
6th April, 2017, 04:31 AM
Is the v9s able to receive these missing channels ie...sky sports news at the moment

no m8...........