PDA

View Full Version : What Options

11th December, 2016, 06:51 PM
Guys i know nothing about these boxes. I have an openbox as i am satellite but i was showing this to my brother inlaw who would like one but he is cable with virgin media. What is is options as in plug and play for all channels with minimum faffing about?

Cheers

martin035
11th December, 2016, 07:53 PM
The only openbox 'plug&play' style cable box I know of is the V8 Golden/Pro but support for these boxes is very poor and would recommend lots of 'google' research before you even think of purchasing one.

A Zgemma would be the better option, however, this isn't 'plug&play' but once setup it looks after itself with minimal input from the user.

11th December, 2016, 08:58 PM
The only openbox 'plug&play' style cable box I know of is the V8 Golden/Pro but support for these boxes is very poor and would recommend lots of 'google' research before you even think of purchasing one.

A Zgemma would be the better option, however, this isn't 'plug&play' but once setup it looks after itself with minimal input from the user.

Cheers Martin. I not long notice Hadron mentioned the Zgemma H.2H to another member so yeah, ill have a google at that. He is not very hands on with tech so i say plug and play as if it goes wonky then i dont want to be driving through to Edinburgh ever other week to wipe his nose.