PDA

View Full Version : Remapping legal information in Europe please

totalkey
14th December, 2016, 05:17 PM
Hello everyone, I need to get some information on Europe legal point of view on remapping. I mean for power increase and not dpf etc jobs.
My question is : does the costumer or. The remapping company breaking any Europe low by change car power?
Does license need to be change after remapping?
Does insurance companies cover this kind of jobs?
There is any way to legislation cars after remap done?
I'm outside Europe and need to know the law in Europe.
Thanks in advance.

ohkarol
14th December, 2016, 05:44 PM
each european country has different rules

totalkey
14th December, 2016, 07:55 PM
Germany and uk

totalkey
14th December, 2016, 07:57 PM
Germany and uk please

smirnoff_rules
14th December, 2016, 08:27 PM
dont think there is in the uk , if it passes MOT then it must be ok

totalkey
14th December, 2016, 08:30 PM
dont think there is in the uk , if it passes MOT then it must be ok

What is mot?

smirnoff_rules
14th December, 2016, 08:32 PM
every 12 months government test cars in uk , new car 3 years then 1 year again

totalkey
14th December, 2016, 08:33 PM
After tuning car owner need to change or get any formally approval?

totalkey
14th December, 2016, 08:34 PM
every 12 months government test cars in uk , new car 3 years then 1 year again

But they not aware that the car got tuned

smirnoff_rules
14th December, 2016, 08:45 PM
no m8 , government have more things on there mind at the moment, like increasing road tax next year

sida
14th December, 2016, 11:15 PM
In Germany MOT (T?v) is every 2 years. For power increase you have to go to MOT to get new licence . Insurance companies cover but you have to pay more of course. The point is that you can not hide anything when you get on MOT. That include EGR off DPF off... In the case that you have your care remaped and you get accident it will be a big problem. Everthing is OK, but when something happen it will be a different story. Just for example, if you have alloy wheels 16 inch in licence, you cant have 17 on the car,you must have 16.

smirnoff_rules
14th December, 2016, 11:36 PM
what if you bought a car that was mapped and didnt know ? what insurance company is going to test ecu maps ? none l would say , cars dont revv over 2000 rpm on tests and maps dont change much under that rpm

totalkey
15th December, 2016, 12:28 AM
Can you explain me please how it done the license change?
You did it ?

In Germany MOT (T?v) is every 2 years. For power increase you have to go to MOT to get new licence . Insurance companies cover but you have to pay more of course. The point is that you can not hide anything when you get on MOT. That include EGR off DPF off... In the case that you have your care remaped and you get accident it will be a big problem. Everthing is OK, but when something happen it will be a different story. Just for example, if you have alloy wheels 16 inch in licence, you cant have 17 on the car,you must have 16.