PDA

View Full Version : noob question? EDC15 mileage in ECU

gomarota
21st September, 2009, 07:35 AM
Hello, in edc15 are different memories, there is a 29f400 (it gets via obd with galleto or kwp2000, the chiptuners read it for modify and get higher hp) and other memory, 24c04 (saves the mileage and what more?????)

There is a way to read 24c04 via obd2?

Thanks!

cammy25
21st September, 2009, 07:50 AM
depends on ECU type. Newer models are possible to read by some tools. Old EDC15 is not readable through OBD ,but there is no milage stored in there. Just some ID ,Calibrations and Immo info.

gomarota
21st September, 2009, 08:34 AM
depends on ECU type. Newer models are possible to read by some tools. Old EDC15 is not readable through OBD ,but there is no milage stored in there. Just some ID ,Calibrations and im*o info.

But i have an edc15 car and it have two mileages, one in tacho and other in the ecu, im 100% sure because with vag com 704 have a function "display edc15 mileage".

im 100% sure that in 29f400 is not the mileage because when i write a tunned file the ecu km are not changed.

So where is the mileage?

Thanks

cammy25
21st September, 2009, 08:50 AM
I didnt say that the milage is in the Flash memory.

It is in the eeprom.
But some tools can read it through OBD, like Vag commander Can+K

gomarota
21st September, 2009, 09:18 AM
I didnt say that the milage is in the Flash memory.

It is in the eeprom.
But some tools can read it through OBD, like Vag commander Can+K

Yes, i can change the km via obd with the commander 1.4, but i cannot extract the eeprom, only change the km.

So its imposible to get eeprom dump via obd2 isnt it?

Its the last question. Thanks for all

cammy25
21st September, 2009, 10:41 AM
It's possible to extract complete eeprom with VAG commander ,Maybe your version is buggy.
Other tools for example are: ECU reader ,VAG Eeprom Tool etc
I always extract it without a problem
Only EDC16 have some problems with eeprom content reading and writing, because of checksums.

gomarota
21st September, 2009, 10:46 AM
It's possible to extract complete eeprom with VAG commander ,Maybe your version is buggy.
Other tools for example are: ECU reader ,VAG Eeprom Tool etc
I always extract it without a problem
Only EDC16 have some problems with eeprom content reading and writing, because of checksums.

I press edc15, read ecu and later save to file, but its the 29f400 file its because i cannot read the mileage in it. which cable do you recomend to me better than commander?

THanks

kptuning
21st September, 2009, 08:19 PM
You can use a simple k-line interface. If you search around you will find sw that works with it :)

cammy25
22nd September, 2009, 07:02 AM
I use ECU reader (chinese) its cheap and works fine on EDC15 VAG and PSA and also some opel

gomarota
22nd September, 2009, 08:10 AM
You can use a simple k-line interface. If you search around you will find sw that works with it :)

And the name of the sw? with a vagcom 409 cable will be compatible?

I use ECU reader (chinese) its cheap and works fine on EDC15 VAG and PSA and also some opel

Thanks for the tip, i will search it!