PDA

View Full Version : Commando

toplad37
25th July, 2008, 07:33 PM
Hi guys is there a password for ftp to get into this image rather than the standard root and dbox2?

Thanks

Devilfish
25th July, 2008, 07:36 PM
The password is 'commando' for Commando images. :)

toplad37
25th July, 2008, 07:44 PM
How stupid do i feel :)

Devilfish
25th July, 2008, 07:52 PM
It's the only image I know that changes the password...no need to feel stupid.

Every day's a school day! :)

toplad37
25th July, 2008, 08:05 PM
Just another quickie devilfish please. I used to be a member of another forum and i understand why that was taken down and i fully understand the legal implications of images with keys but the images from the chatterbox toolbar do they contain these keys? If not is it just the key folder from a working image i need to ftp across and chmod 755? Many Thanks

Devilfish
25th July, 2008, 08:09 PM
I have no idea about the chatterbox images.

Yes, if you have a working image, copy the /var/keys folder to your PC and that will work on any other image.

BUT....

Not all images are the same.

The proper rule is that all rom files go in /var/scce and all key files go in /var/keys. Some images have created a symlink (shortcut) from /var/scce to /var/keys so that all the key/rom files can be in the same place. Anything with a .bin extension should go in /var/scce, all other files in /var/keys.

If you're not sure, copy all the files to both folders. ;)

plasterer
25th July, 2008, 08:19 PM
Just another quickie devilfish please. I used to be a member of another forum and i understand why that was taken down and i fully understand the legal implications of images with keys but the images from the chatterbox toolbar do they contain these keys? If not is it just the key folder from a working image i need to ftp across and chmod 755? Many Thanks

All the Chatterbox images are ready for action
And need No additional add ons Just download and install the correct chip type for your Box .....Paul

toplad37
25th July, 2008, 09:00 PM
Thanks plasterer but i just get channel not available on non fta. Do i need to set my location and scan? and then maybe change cams or codes? have ftp'd my service file and bouquets

Devilfish
25th July, 2008, 09:04 PM
Channel not available means your signal is too low or the services file is not correct.

Yes, I would set your location and do a scan and see how that goes.

Renwich
26th July, 2008, 08:30 PM
if that fails try changing the ucode