PDA

View Full Version : ps 3 slim

mhd
21st September, 2009, 02:37 PM
i have just bought my son slim line ps3 but i just want to ask can you play ps2 games on it

thank

Raven
21st September, 2009, 03:46 PM
No sorry, the only PS3 revision you can play PS2 games on is the long since discontinued 60gb original PS3....that for all intents and purposes is the most feature rich PS3 but it's also an earlier build and no longer in circulation officially, so second hand is your only route to it....but why do you even want to play PS2 games on the PS3 ? Sure backwards compatibility is nice to have, but I get the feeling that a lot of people are buying PS3 in the hopes that they can play their PS2 games on it which is beyond belief really I have to say. Especially considering the new consoles are meant for it's new games and not accommodating your old console and those games....my advice to you is to buy your son Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid 4 preowned for a total of about ?25 and I think he'll see the best of PS3 thus far and certainly forget about PS2 games.

Plus I'm certain the actual PS2 Slim is really cheap now and nothing beats the real console after all. Since that's guaranteed to play everything and play it properly and authentically.

celica61
2nd November, 2009, 10:03 PM
The short answer is no only the early release 60 gig ps3 could do that

Raven
3rd November, 2009, 12:45 AM
It's called thorough information m8. Plus he got his answer in the first sentence so why are you posting a response to a point and question that's already been answered and bumping a dead topic well over a month old just to go over me - a little disrespectful don't you think ? A little friendly advice, not the best way to start posting I mean you're only 2 posts in and already you're rubbing people the wrong way. I'd knock it off if I were you. This is not the place for that crap.