PDA

View Full Version : Passat 3c and orgnal Mr le 3in1 hu66 key locked in boot.

6th January, 2017, 11:56 AM
Hi got Problem with Passat 3c 2008 customer has locked key inside the car boot. I tried to pick lock with hu66 Original Mr lee 3 in 1 pick lock turns both ways but not opening. I have tried Different hu66 key which is from Different car lock turns with that key too and will not open i suspect bad lock but want second opinion please.
Question is

1) could it be a faulty lock.
2) Is it because car is Deadlocked.
3) or i am doing some thing wrong.

Any Help Would Be appreciated.

rob h
6th January, 2017, 12:22 PM
If you put to much turning force, with the wrong key, it will turn freely.
The cilinder will retract inside the housing for about a single millimeter.

Turn over the cilinder, with any key, until it Pops out the most.
Try 180'' and possibly again 180'' and leave it in the most popped out possition.

Then spray in wd40, and start picking, with lesser force, until it opens.

truedetective
6th January, 2017, 12:24 PM
Hi got Problem with Passat 3c 2008 customer has locked key inside the car boot. I tried to pick lock with hu66 Original Mr lee 3 in 1 pick lock turns both ways but not opening. I have tried Different hu66 key which is from Different car lock turns with that key too and will not open i suspect bad lock but want second opinion please.
Question is

1) could it be a faulty lock.
2) Is it because car is Deadlocked.
3) or i am doing some thing wrong.

Any Help Would Be appreciated.

Does the lock lock spin freely without resistance? These locks will turn with any key if you apply enough pressure but will not unlock. If it's still popping into place at the 12 o'clock position it might be possible to pick with very light tension.

6th January, 2017, 12:31 PM
Thanx For a Quick Reply it has resistance on lock will give it a go today again.

camelgd
6th January, 2017, 02:04 PM
Worst case, pick and decode door lock, originate key,open boot, sell key to customer for emergency key.

lpf01
7th January, 2017, 01:54 AM
3C dont have door lock on boot as i remember.

Thoose passat locks can be pretty faulty, sometimes in the cylinder itself like broken cam piece, and sad but the locking mechanism itself can be dead too.

Last time i had a faulty lock, deceided to pull out lock plug, and after that we change it for a new one. but not only the cylinder was faulty but the mechanism in the door too, and the car wont open as i freely turned the cam with a screwdriver..... that was a nightmare -.-

10th January, 2017, 12:36 AM
Sorry for late reply it was faulty lock at the end manage to pick it with hu66 and by spraying bit of wd40 Thank you everyone for Help.

paul_12345
10th January, 2017, 12:48 AM
Sorry for late reply it was faulty lock at the end manage to pick it with hu66 and by spraying bit of wd40 Thank you everyone for Help.

every lock should be flushed and raked to ensure the wafers are free moving before attempting to use a lishi.