PDA

View Full Version : Cable Check results

desadajo
26th July, 2008, 11:05 AM
I am new to all this DBOX2 stuff but managed to pick up a few basics by reading throught these threads, only now I seem to be going round in circles.

I have reflashed numerous images, but none seem to discover channels, even setting location and doing a full scan. I have even put the services.xml, cables.xml and bouquet.xml from my region on and still nothing.

I have the Blade Quade image from the downloads section here.

I have even tried connecting the DBOX straight onto my virgin connector but still nothing.

I have read about tuner issues but dont know how to check that.

The results form the Cable check (LCD) form the Blade Quad menu are as follows:
BER = 10485750
snr = 42 - 47000 constantly fluctuating
sig = 39 - 42000 -"-

Can someone please help.

Devilfish
26th July, 2008, 11:10 AM
The SNR reading needs to be above 55,000 before you will get any channels.

Those reading suggest a low signal or a weak tuner. Sounds like you will need a booster or connect the dbox to the main feed where it enters your home and check the readings again.

Copy your services.xml and bouquets.xml files to /var/tuxbox/config/zapit.
Using the remote, press DBOX > Service Menu > Reload Channels...

Your box should now be ready to go.

If it doesn't work on your main feed, can you try it a mates house? Then you would know if the box actually works and the problem would point to your signal strength.

BER - Should be 0
SNR - Should be about 62,000 - 64,000 but you won't get any channels until it's above 55,000. If it's between 55,000 and 62,000 you will get some channels but not others and some channels will freeze and stutter.

Take one variable at a time and elimitate it until you find the problem. :)

plasterer
26th July, 2008, 02:10 PM
Were did you get the image from mate
Poss no Emus in that one
Open it up with Tuxbox and check in var/bin/emu folder
If they are there
Go backto start Push Blue button
Blade settings
Emu selection
And activate Evo****
Lets Know ......Paul

Renwich
26th July, 2008, 08:26 PM
check you connections on your box outside , the brown one attatched to your house,, mine were loose when I first looked at a sig prob I had.. tighten em up

desadajo
27th July, 2008, 07:06 PM
Devilfish - I've done all you've suggested but still the same readings, the only thing I haven't done is the booster, but would that boost a stronger signal than what is fed into the house?

Plasterer Paul - The image is from the downloads section here at this site, I've enabled EVOCAMD (It was on GBOX), but again no increase in signal.

Renwich - my feed comes straight into my property from the telewest junction box on the street so No connections to tighten.

Anything else I can do, or is the tuner knackered?

MetMan
27th July, 2008, 08:38 PM
Devilfish - I've done all you've suggested but still the same readings, the only thing I haven't done is the booster, but would that boost a stronger signal than what is fed into the house?

Plasterer Paul - The image is from the downloads section here at this site, I've enabled EVOCAMD (It was on GBOX), but again no increase in signal.

Renwich - my feed comes straight into my property from the telewest junction box on the street so No connections to tighten.

Anything else I can do, or is the tuner knackered?

try the konig booster should boost signal but not noise if this don't work and get ur snr above 55000 it's likely your tuners ~~~~ed.

h**p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Konig-Cable-TV-Broadband-Signal-Amplifier-Booster-NTL_W0QQitemZ330248160297QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3 286.m20.l1116

if u can get ur hands on a different box try that first...

cheers

desadajo
27th July, 2008, 09:26 PM
Ok done everything except the Booster, took the box to a friends who has VMedia but the signal strength reading were mostly the same, So I think this is probably a tuner issue.

Can I change the tuner or is is cheaper/easier to get a new DBOX?

MetMan
27th July, 2008, 09:48 PM
Ok done everything except the Booster, took the box to a friends who has VMedia but the signal strength reading were mostly the same, So I think this is probably a tuner issue.

Can I change the tuner or is is cheaper/easier to get a new DBOX?

depends on ur soldering skills......if u want to be forward thikin u may want to get a box or dvb-c card that is HD ready,,,,dboxes are old and getting older....i've had mine for over 4 yrs and can't fault it but i wouldn't buy another now....