PDA

View Full Version : new to dbox need help pls

cablefreejunkie
26th July, 2008, 11:07 AM
hi,i have a dbox2 given to me from a friend,i havent got a clue what i have done to this box as it was working before,i have plugged it into my router,i have messed around with settings etc etc but cannot get it to work,i think i need to start from the beginning and get all the correct settings etc etc,trouble is i dont know what they are,it will scan but wont find any channels,could some kind soul pls help a total newbie out ????? thankyou

Devilfish
26th July, 2008, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the forum. :)

You say the box worked prior to you receiving it?

Are you in the same area that the box came from?

Is there a channel listing on the box?

Do free channel work, i.e. BBC1, CH4, etc.?

Try going to sky sports 1, press DBOX > Reboot

cablefreejunkie
26th July, 2008, 11:17 AM
hi,thanks for the speedy response,yes we are in the same area,there was a channel list but i got the error no channel available message,i then started messing around with settings in the scan menu and various other settings,now i have no channel list and nothing seems to be happening when i scan

Devilfish
26th July, 2008, 11:31 AM
Your signal may be too low. That would explain why the existing channels didn't work and why you're not getting any channels from a scan.

Can you press RED > BLUE and see what the SNR reading is? Not sure if you can do this without any channels, it's been a while since I had to do anything with my dbox2.

cablefreejunkie
26th July, 2008, 06:13 PM
i have done this and the snr reading is 61920 the sig reading is 62752

<--cablefreejunkie added 33 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...-->

i have just tried to do a scan and now it wont let me do a scan,im totally pi--ed off with this box !!!!!!!!!!!

<--cablefreejunkie added 302 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...-->

im still messing around with this box,,,i can now perform a scan on uk sym6887 im on v media,,,its showing 4 transponders and the frequency is going up but no channels are being found,what am i doing wrong ???? what should my settings be on the scan menu ????

plasterer
26th July, 2008, 06:18 PM
6887 Is wrong mate
You need to change to 6952 for your SP
Wot image is on the box
Tyr blue button to set location ......Paul

cablefreejunkie
26th July, 2008, 06:52 PM
i have changed sp,its a sportster image,i pressed the blue button and i get a menu up but cant find anything to change location,,all nagra rom images are enabled,is this correct ?? im struggling dude,,any help greatly appreciated

<--cablefreejunkie added 21 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...-->

should i have fast scan and manual scan activated ? and should polorization be v or h ? thankyou

plasterer
26th July, 2008, 07:28 PM
Wot version of sportster is it
Early ones dont have Net id scanning
Post your Scan settings .please..............Paul

cablefreejunkie
26th July, 2008, 07:45 PM
dont want to sound stupid but where are my scan settings ? is this what i have set in the service scan menu ? if so its cable prov sym 6952 fast scan on manual scan off frequency is on first bar so is symbol rate fec 1/2 polarization v

<--cablefreejunkie added 2 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...-->

sportster.ump2002.net

plasterer
26th July, 2008, 08:14 PM
If you have a Fast scan option
Then you also have a set my location Option
Wot area you in mate
And ile post your Fast scan settings .....Paul

Renwich
26th July, 2008, 08:20 PM
It all depends on wether this version of sportster has been UK modded, what options do you have in the provder selection, uk cable..? kabeldeuchtland.?

you may be better off flashing a more UK compatible image on

cablefreejunkie
26th July, 2008, 08:48 PM
im in surrey,not sure wot ive done but i scanned and it found 38 transponders,it then went back through the 38 and found a load of channels,i was able to view a lot of channels,but while it was going back through the 38 i thought nothing was going to happen,i pulled the cable feed out of the box and checked the plug on the end,after re-inserting it a little while later it found a load of channels,i then decided to re-scan as i thought that pulling the cable out whilst scanning might of affected it,after the second scan it found no channels and after going back to the channel list i now get the error message on the screen for all channels,i should of left it after the first scan

aftermath
26th July, 2008, 08:53 PM
Never pull the cable feed out while box is switched on, that can damage your box

Renwich
26th July, 2008, 08:55 PM
you have to wait until the scan is complete or the services file dosnt get written correctly, reboot the box try anoother scan

cablefreejunkie
26th July, 2008, 09:05 PM
wot should my polarization be set on in the scan menu ? also should i set the bouquet to replace when re-scanning

Renwich
26th July, 2008, 09:15 PM
the main issue you have here is that you have a none UK image on your box,

Borrowed from Al cheers m8

FTP into /var/tuxbox/conf and edit the settings I've marked in red to your known local settings in the scan.conf file...

TP_fec=3
TP_freq=643000
TP_pol=0
TP_rate=6887
TP_satname=
TP_scan=0
bouquetMode=2
delivery_system=0
diseqcMode=0
diseqcRepeat=0
netid=00005
satCount=0
satNameNoDiseqc=Virg*n Media
scanSectionsd=0
scanType=0
scan_mode=1

Mimic all the other dark blue settings as above- and make sure the green item reads like mine. (replacing the * with i of course; this is board safety in action). This links into the cables.xml file and will enable you to toggle to another provider if you are NOT 6887 nor 6952 (VM)

Then SAVE the file and Reboot your box (or the changes won't work!), Then try a Scan again.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2392/servicescanep3.th.png (http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=servicescanep3.png)

cablefreejunkie
26th July, 2008, 11:14 PM
how do i ftp into ???

plasterer
26th July, 2008, 11:24 PM
Download an Ftp proggy
And read the How to s in the Search
Once you get the Hang of this
Your D Box probs will be gone forever
Its a must ....Paul

MetMan
26th July, 2008, 11:26 PM
how do i ftp into ???

u need a ethernet (network or patch) cable to connect to box and then use an ftp app like flashfxp

u use a normal cable if u connect through a router (hub)

or a similar cable but a couple of the wires crossed known as a cross-over ethernet (network or patch) cable if direct to your pc

or if u only got a normal cable u could use an adapter

Maplin UTP Crossover Adaptor (Male - Female)
(http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=32423&&source=14&doy=26m7)

cablefreejunkie
27th July, 2008, 12:01 AM
total novice here,i know how to connect the box to my pc but the other actions i havent got a clue,,,,thanks for all the replys,,,,,i have got channels now but a lot of them im still getting the error channel not available on the screen,dont want to keep bugging users on how to do this and that

plasterer
27th July, 2008, 12:10 AM
Your gettin there mate
Its a slow lerning curve
But once yoiu get round the bend
Its all Fun action .....Paul
(Well done so far):star:

cablefreejunkie
27th July, 2008, 12:16 PM
i have looked in the download section but cant find anything that resembles ftp proggy,what exactly is this ? i can just about fire up my laptop alone,so an ftp proggy is way out of my league,but i am willing to learn about this box and get it sorted,could someone please point me to the correct file ?

MetMan
27th July, 2008, 12:31 PM
i have looked in the download section but cant find anything that resembles ftp proggy,what exactly is this ? i can just about fire up my laptop alone,so an ftp proggy is way out of my league,but i am willing to learn about this box and get it sorted,could someone please point me to the correct file ?

Digital Kaos - Downloads - FlashFxp (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=176)

mark62028
27th July, 2008, 05:50 PM
Goto hallenberg.com and u can download these files here Hope this helps.

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 06:54 AM
looks like a site i might be interested in,trouble is i dont speak german,thanks anyway for the link info:2in1:

<--cablefreejunkie added 551 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...-->

hello again.im about to ftp into my dbox and edit some settings,now i have a wireless router,so my question is this:what cable do i use ? ethernet crossover or straight through ethernet and where do i plug the cable into ? my dbox to router or dbox to pc ? i have been doing a lot of research but one thing i still cant get my head around is the image thingy,what is the image ? is this the main software on my dbox ? why are there so many different images ? whats the best one for me ? i just want all the channels to work without any hassle,i dont want much !!

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 09:14 AM
looks like a site i might be interested in,trouble is i dont speak german,thanks anyway for the link info:2in1:

<--cablefreejunkie added 551 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...-->

hello again.im about to ftp into my dbox and edit some settings,now i have a wireless router,so my question is this:what cable do i use ? ethernet crossover or straight through ethernet and where do i plug the cable into ? my dbox to router or dbox to pc ? i have been doing a lot of research but one thing i still cant get my head around is the image thingy,what is the image ? is this the main software on my dbox ? why are there so many different images ? whats the best one for me ? i just want all the channels to work without any hassle,i dont want much !!

i've always used a router and never had a prob connecting...use a straight ethernet cable...go into your dbox/settings/network....

set ipaddress 1 number above your pc ip addy or in the range of ur router
set default gateway to the ip address of ur router and
set dns server to the address of ur pc

eg

IP Address 192.168.1.3 - dbox
Default Gateway 192.168.1.1 - router
DNS Server 192.168.1.2 - pc

The img is all the software on ur box always 7.87 MB / 8,064 KB if ur img ain't this size don't flash it and it has to be the same as your box 1x or 2x chip.

All boxes seem to be different it's a matter of 'sucking and see' which one best suits your box....i'm forever flashing new imgs just for the fun of it but once ur happy with an img then stick to it....but you'll never know if the latest one created is better....

ps after any mod to ur image save it, save bouquets, service and ke*y files after any change...can't stress enough to save regularly, best bit of advice i was given when first starting out....

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 11:05 AM
ok,im now connected through the flashfxp to my dbox,previously i was told to go into scanconfig file and change some settings,how do i get into this file ? do i need to transfer it from the dbox to my pc first using the flashfxp ? im totally confused

<--cablefreejunkie added 20 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...-->

the problem i have is that most of the channels i get the error channel not available mesage on the screen,the only channels available are bb 123 it 1 and 4 and 5 nothing else is available,im being told to do all sorts of actions on here that i havent got a clue how to do,i was told to get the flashfxp which i have done and connect and go to var/tux/config and edit settings,i have got to this folder but the files i cannot open,do they need to be transfered to my pc first ? am i doing the right actions for the problem i have with my d-box ????

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 11:25 AM
ok,im now connected through the flashfxp to my dbox,previously i was told to go into scanconfig file and change some settings,how do i get into this file ? do i need to transfer it from the dbox to my pc first using the flashfxp ? im totally confused

<--cablefreejunkie added 20 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...-->

the problem i have is that most of the channels i get the error channel not available mesage on the screen,the only channels available are bb 123 it 1 and 4 and 5 nothing else is available,im being told to do all sorts of actions on here that i havent got a clue how to do,i was told to get the flashfxp which i have done and connect and go to var/tux/config and edit settings,i have got to this folder but the files i cannot open,do they need to be transfered to my pc first ? am i doing the right actions for the problem i have with my d-box ????

if u can see the files that's good....have a look in var/keys....do u have the new nagrarom7 file to transfer across? it may be worth saving ur img as it is first....go into press dbox/settings/service/backupimg or expert user...save img back up one partition.....then use flashfxp look in the tmp folder and u will see a file called mtd3 or 4 right click on this and transfer to pc...

<--MetMan added 1 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...-->

if u need the files pm me ur email addy and i'll send them to u

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 11:39 AM
i have the nagrarom file 7 but not the mtd 3 or 4 i have created a back up image but couldnt do it the way you said,i had to go into the sportster menu,anyway thats done now,what next ??

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 11:42 AM
i have the nagrarom file 7 but not the mtd 3 or 4 i have created a back up image but couldnt do it the way you said,i had to go into the sportster menu,anyway thats done now,what next ??

transfer the nagrarom7 file into the keys folder var/keys probably i don't use sportster, overwrite the one thats there

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 11:48 AM
the nagarom 7 file is already in the keys folder,i dont understand what you mean when you say transfer it over,in your previous msg you said look in the keys folder,do you have the nagarom 7 file ??? im getting confused here

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 11:52 AM
the nagarom 7 file is already in the keys folder,i dont understand what you mean when you say transfer it over,in your previous msg you said look in the keys folder,do you have the nagarom 7 file ??? im getting confused here

the older version of the nagrarom7 file no longer updates the k*eys correctly there has been a new nagrarom7 file that now updates correctly....u need to overwrite the old with the new...

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 11:57 AM
i have pm u my e-mail,so does this mean that you will email me the files,i save them to somewhere on my pc then use the flashfxp to put them into the keys folder ? sounds quite easy so far,you then said transfer the mtd file to my pc,i dont have that file,is that another that you can mail me pls ? you will have to bear with me as im a complete novice at this

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 12:02 PM
i have pm u my e-mail,so does this mean that you will email me the files,i save them to somewhere on my pc then use the flashfxp to put them into the keys folder ? sounds quite easy so far,you then said transfer the mtd file to my pc,i dont have that file,is that another that you can mail me pls ? you will have to bear with me as im a complete novice at this

the mtd3 is the whole img it may be named different in sportster img...when u have backed up ur img just look in the tmp folder for a file that is 7.87 MB that is a backup of ur img - right click on this and transfer to pc - rename and date it and keep it

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 12:07 PM
kool,i found it,it was called sportster back up,anyway i managed to tran it to my pc and have renamed and dated it,im getting quite good at this,so what next ?

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 12:09 PM
kool,i found it,it was called sportster back up,anyway i managed to tran it to my pc and have renamed and dated it,im getting quite good at this,so what next ?

check ur mail what box u got nokia or sagem

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 12:16 PM
its nokia dbox2
i got the mail,cheers,is that the file i need to put in the keys folder to replace the nag 7 file?

<--cablefreejunkie added 3 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...-->

ok i have deleted the whole keys file and tran your one over from my pc,all good so far

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 12:18 PM
its nokia dbox2
i got the mail,cheers,is that the file i need to put in the keys folder to replace the nag 7 file?

<--cablefreejunkie added 3 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...-->

ok i have deleted the whole keys file and tran your one over from my pc,all good so far

channels clearing?

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 12:21 PM
what do you mean ? channels clearing ? in my event list overview on the tv

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 12:24 PM
what do you mean ? channels clearing ? in my event list overview on the tv

do all the channels now work? can u c them?

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 12:26 PM
unfortunately not,im still getting the error not available msg

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 12:49 PM
unfortunately not,im still getting the error not available msg

if u want email me ur back up img i'll flash it to my box and i'll have a look or if u feel up to it i'll send u my img and u can flash that to ur box u'll have to rescan or save the service and bouquet files from ur img u have on now if they are ok they are in the var/tuxbox/config/zapit files and u can transfer these files back to the new img then u don't have to rescan or reorder ur channels

its up to u
i

<--MetMan added 17 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...-->

only other thing check ur emu is active press something like blue button u should see select emu choose evocamd and set ucode to 001a or 0014

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 12:52 PM
if its ok with you i think its probably best that i mail you my img file and let you have a look at it,because i dont really feel 100% capable of doing everything correctly at the moment,obviusly that img file that i saved does not have the new keys file in it that you sent me,does that make sense ? i will get a mail to you right away,thanks for your help dude,much appreciated

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 02:12 PM
if its ok with you i think its probably best that i mail you my img file and let you have a look at it,because i dont really feel 100% capable of doing everything correctly at the moment,obviusly that img file that i saved does not have the new keys file in it that you sent me,does that make sense ? i will get a mail to you right away,thanks for your help dude,much appreciated

ok got it i'll have a look

<--MetMan added 51 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...-->

ok just flashed it over and seems to be fine...try pressing blue button on remote / into sportster / emu selection / evocamd enter.....

few other things go into settings / miscellaneous settings / load spts at boot - switch off

save settings

ps this is a dated img now no program side scrolling etc. once u feel comfortable at transfering files flash a newer img but save the bouquets, service files and key folder from this img first.

pps don't remove the .img extension from the back up as the dbox won't see it

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 03:54 PM
i have just done everything you said and still no change,not sure where to go from here,im gonna try another scan and see if anything is different

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 04:42 PM
i have just done everything you said and still no change,not sure where to go from here,im gonna try another scan and see if anything is different

your service file look fine

i email my img when u get it transfer into tmp....do what u did to back up but this time flash one partition without bootloader.

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 05:19 PM
sorry mate,but how on earth do i perform a flash partition without bootloader ? when you send me the img i then transfer that into the said folder but the rest of what you said i dont have a clue how to do

smoggie
28th July, 2008, 05:26 PM
Using the DBox remote control, press (in this order)

DBOX > SERVICE > SOFTWARE UPDATE > EXPERT FUNCTIONS > WRITE ONE PARTITION >
FLASH WITHOUT BOOTLOADER

Select the Image available (the one you just transferred over from PC) and select YES to flash

The DBox will start to erase existing flash, and write the new one (this will only take a few minutes)
The DBox will reset itself when done, and start up the new image

this info is taken from a tutorial

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 05:59 PM
when i select dbox the menu i get is as follows
tv mode
radio mode
scart mode
games
1 audio player
2 movie player
3 picture viewer
4 settings menu
5 service menu
6 sleeptimer
shutdown

if i select the service menu i get the following
bouquet editor
service scan
refresh channel list
refresh plug in list
display u codes
image update/back up/restore

if i select the image update/back up/restore
i get nothing to do with expert functions etc this is where im getting all confused i cant find anything to do with partition and flash without bootloader

<--cablefreejunkie added 8 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...-->

i have just looked in the nagra rom image menu and nagra rom 7 is disabled i have tried to enable it but i get an error msg saying no rom7 files available to enable/disable

<--cablefreejunkie added 2 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...-->

ive tried nagra 3 7 10 and 11 and all say the same thing

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 06:00 PM
when i select dbox the menu i get is as follows
tv mode
radio mode
scart mode
games
1 audio player
2 movie player
3 picture viewer
4 settings menu
5 service menu
6 sleeptimer
shutdown

if i select the service menu i get the following
bouquet editor
service scan
refresh channel list
refresh plug in list
display u codes
image update/back up/restore

if i select the image update/back up/restore
i get nothing to do with expert functions etc this is where im getting all confused i cant find anything to do with partition and flash without bootloader

<--cablefreejunkie added 8 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...-->

i have just looked in the nagra rom image menu and nagra rom 7 is disabled i have tried to enable it but i get an error msg saying no rom7 files available to enable/disable

does it say flash 1 partition....what r the commands? i've taken sportster back off my box now

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 06:13 PM
when i select image/update/back up/restore i get the following
flash read/write
update mode internet
then it says current version
date 19.06.2005
time 18.45
release cycle 2.0
image type release
proxy server
hostname
username
password
search for new version

surely all of the nagra rom 3/7/10/11 shouldnt be disabled ????

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 06:14 PM
when i select image/update/back up/restore i get the following
flash read/write
update mode internet
then it says current version
date 19.06.2005
time 18.45
release cycle 2.0
image type release
proxy server
hostname
username
password
search for new version

surely all of the nagra rom 3/7/10/11 shouldnt be disabled ????

press flash read/write

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 06:19 PM
ah hah now i have
read whole image
write whole image
read one partition(back up)
write one partition(restore)
config file /etc/cramsfs.urls

so what next

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 06:20 PM
ah hah now i have
read whole image
write whole image
read one partition(back up)
write one partition(restore)
config file /etc/cramsfs.urls

so what next

write one partition......the img is in the tmp folder?? cause if u reboot the box u lose it.....

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 07:29 PM
i have the new img file on my desktop how do i flash it ? i think i know but i want to be 100% sure first
thanks

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 07:38 PM
i have the new img file on my desktop how do i flash it ? i think i know but i want to be 100% sure first
thanks

ftp the new img into the tmp folder and use the instructions listed above. when u get to the final command flash without bootloader you should see file selector - choose the img press ok - it will ask r u sure? click on yes....wait, allow to flash do not turn box off - should reboot on its own

zaf786
28th July, 2008, 07:41 PM
thanks
Put your image in tmp
Then go to services down to backup and restore then you want to press on flash/write then write one partition then choose flash without bootloader select your image and wait for the box to be flashed and it willreboot itself when it,s finished

<--zaf786 added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...-->

ftp the new img into the tmp folder and use the instructions liseted above. whem u get to the final command flash without bootloader you should see file selector - choose the img press ok - it will ask r u sure? click on wait....allow to flash do not turn box off - should reboot on its own
Beat me to it mate

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 07:47 PM
Beat me to it mate

i'm close to slitting my wrists here....lol....not too sure if this isn't a wind-up

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 07:59 PM
it now says do you really want to write to flash ?
if an error occurs or the image is not valid,the box will not boot after flashing.
imagename mtd3.img
target:flash without bootloader
yes no

what to do ??? yes or no ?

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 08:02 PM
it now says do you really want to write to flash ?
if an error occurs or the image is not valid,the box will not boot after flashing.
imagename mtd3.img
target:flash without bootloader
yes no

what to do ??? yes or no ?press yes and let it do its work

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 08:02 PM
ive got a machete on me throat,trust me

zaf786
28th July, 2008, 08:03 PM
Just be brave and say yes there is always ifa

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 08:08 PM
its writing flash
the image was successfully flashed the dbox will now reboot

trouble is it hasnt re-booted
and im not winding you up

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 08:10 PM
its writing flash

whats it doing if nothimg turn off and back on at mains

zaf786
28th July, 2008, 08:11 PM
its writing flash

Press okon your remote see what happens

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 08:14 PM
pressed ok and its re booted as sportster but only 5 channels available
do i now need to do a scan ?? the machete is still there

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 08:18 PM

if its rebooted as sportster u never flashed my img over try again the mtd3 file into tmp and go thru the commands

look, your going to have a working image.....it's now my quest in life

smoggie
28th July, 2008, 08:21 PM
if its rebooted as sportster u never flashed my img over try again the mtd3 file into tmp and go thru the commands

look, your going to have a working image.....it's now my quest in life

lol,this is getting interesting, more drama than eastenders

zaf786
28th July, 2008, 08:22 PM
Now you have done a dummy run do it for real now make sure you choose the mtd3 img you have put in tmp folder

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 08:31 PM
just gonna eat some grub back in 20

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 08:37 PM
just gonna eat some grub back in 20

This is no time to eat "FLASH THAT ~~~~ING IMAGE"

i'm on my 7th can of Bow here....the dog's not my friend anymore and i think my missus is packing....can't all be bad lol

and spurs are winning 2-1

zaf786
28th July, 2008, 09:10 PM
This is no time to eat "FLASH THAT ~~~~ING IMAGE"

i'm on my 7th can of Bow here....the dog's not my friend anymore and i think my missus is packing....can't all be bad lol

and spurs are winning 2-1
I just came back from my grub thinking it will be all sorted by now guess i was wrong

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 09:52 PM
ok,now i have a ~~~~ing audience i must fullfill my mission and get this ~~~~ing dbox working,i have the correct file from metman,i have ftp it into the tmd folder,,in the flash program at the top of the menu it says parent directory with a blue arrow upwards is this correct ?

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 09:57 PM
ok,now i have a ~~~~ing audience i must fullfill my mission and get this ~~~~ing dbox working,i have the correct file from metman,i have ftp it into the tmd folder,,in the flash program at the top of the menu it says parent directory with a blue arrow upwards is this correct ?

should look like this

c'mon i have complete faith in u.....audience or not

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 10:09 PM
you couldnt make this up,but we have just had the most almighty death defying thunder and lightning storm,my whole housed moved and shaked and youve guessed it the biggest power surge since thatcher took power !!!! everything went down,my box wont boot up and my flash file has nothing on the right menu,i cant get it to connect sorry but you will have to bear with me while i try and get this sorted,,,,its defo better than rearenders:dancing:

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 10:14 PM
you couldnt make this up,but we have just had the most almighty death defying thunder and lightning storm,my whole housed moved and shaked and youve guessed it the biggest power surge since thatcher took power !!!! everything went down,my box wont boot up and my flash file has nothing on the right menu,i cant get it to connect sorry but you will have to bear with me while i try and get this sorted,,,,its defo better than rearenders:dancing:

we had a couple of rolls here but nothing like that...i guess someone up there doesn't want u to have a dbox....may be a fuse 1 amp in the plug...but it might be a gonna.....

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 10:29 PM
my box has booted but nothing now on my tv just a blank blue screen,i start the flash prog but it wont connect,,,,,,i might have to put the machete down and get thew chainsaw out

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 10:32 PM
my box has booted but nothing now on my tv just a blank blue screen,i start the flash prog but it wont connect,,,,,,i might have to put the machete down and get thew chainsaw out

if u press dbox on ur remote see anything?

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 10:40 PM
nothing at all

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 10:44 PM
nothing at all

were you flashing the img when u had the power surge? if so u will have to try image flash assistant to reflash an img on ur box,,,have u got a copy?

cablefreejunkie
28th July, 2008, 10:50 PM
im gonna have to call it a day,,i cant see straight or think straight,,,big thankyou to all,,,will be back on tomorrow,,still cant get flash to connect

MetMan
28th July, 2008, 10:52 PM
im gonna have to call it a day,,i cant see straight or think straight,,,big thankyou to all,,,will be back on tomorrow,,still cant get flash to connect

check ur mail

plasterer
28th July, 2008, 11:43 PM
This got to ber the longest thread ever
Wot area you in Man ..................Paul

gizmo.1484
29th July, 2008, 12:39 AM
This got to be the longest thread ever

This is not the end yet...........
At the look of this thread there's probably 2 days left.
You need to use a ifa program to flash your box now as flashfxp will not work you should find this easy to use its all about timing.
All you need to do is load the program pick the image you intend to flash press the ok button and input the power cable at the same time you might get it the first time or it could take 10 times its all about timing.
You will get there in the end, you are half way there so do not give up, there are a lot of people on this site that will help you so just stick in there i know you can do it:)

cablefreejunkie
29th July, 2008, 11:13 AM
its not my week trust me,,lightning not only surged everything last night it also tore down my apple tree,,no joking here,,,im just wondering whats next as these things always happen in threes,,,anyway i have setup files and the ifa,will be home around lunchtime and shall give it my best shot,hopefully this thread will end today,thanks for all the support

<--cablefreejunkie added 61 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...-->

lads and ladies its official,you heard it here first,@approx 10.57am GMT i managed for the first time in my short but eventful life to flash a new image to my dbox that actually allows me to view many channels,i cant begin to explain the relief when looking at the lcd on my box and reading the word FLASHING after many attempts and getting the words kein system,i thought it was a wind up,but approx 3-4mins later i got the message FLASHING DONE,i was still not quite sure whether i should switch it off and back on again,anyway i did just that and hey presto its all working fine,,thanks to all the usual suspects on here for your time and effort,if this is beginning to sound like an oscar acceptance speech,please forgive me,i feel like ive just won one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just one last question-should i perform a scan or just leave it as it is ?????

zaf786
29th July, 2008, 11:18 AM
its not my week trust me,,lightning not only surged everything last night it also tore down my apple tree,,no joking here,,,im just wondering whats next as these things always happen in threes,,,anyway i have setup files and the ifa,will be home around lunchtime and shall give it my best shot,hopefully this thread will end today,thanks for all the support

<--cablefreejunkie added 61 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...-->

lads and ladies its official,you heard it here first,@approx 10.57am GMT i managed for the first time in my short but eventful life to flash a new image to my dbox that actually allows me to view many channels,i cant begin to explain the relief when looking at the lcd on my box and reading the word FLASHING after many attempts and getting the words kein system,i thought it was a wind up,but approx 3-4mins later i got the message FLASHING DONE,i was still not quite sure whether i should switch it off and back on again,anyway i did just that and hey presto its all working fine,,thanks to all the usual suspects on here for your time and effort,if this is beginning to sound like an oscar acceptance speech,please forgive me,i feel like ive just won one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just one last question-should i perform a scan or just leave it as it is ?????
Welldone mate you have finally done it are you getting all channel now or only fta

cablefreejunkie
29th July, 2008, 11:23 AM
im getting everything,all fta plus many others,my old image must of been quite dated as i have had a look through the menus and they are quite a bit different to my previous ones,which would explain why i couldnt perform certain tasks that certain members were asking me to do,anyway i got there in the end,still can believe it,,now i want to mess around with it and get more out of it,what else do these boxes do if anything ????

zaf786
29th July, 2008, 11:30 AM
im getting everything,all fta plus many others,my old image must of been quite dated as i have had a look through the menus and they are quite a bit different to my previous ones,which would explain why i couldnt perform certain tasks that certain members were asking me to do,anyway i got there in the end,still can believe it,,now i want to mess around with it and get more out of it,what else do these boxes do if anything ????
I,ll leave it well alone if it,s working you can play with it when you know what you are doing with it

MetMan
29th July, 2008, 12:03 PM
729 lol

ps the start up photo is taken at tintagel (king Arthurs) castle, Cornwell while on my holls....forgot to remove it....

congrats

don't scan as i added ur service file to the img and set up ur location for scanning with background scan on b4 i sent it to u, it should update itself....that's why all channels r working

cablefreejunkie
29th July, 2008, 12:39 PM
as im very new to this could one of you pls explain to me in the most simplest way,what is the bouquet ???

MetMan
29th July, 2008, 12:48 PM
as im very new to this could one of you pls explain to me in the most simplest way,what is the bouquet ???

bouquets are how you would like to order ur channels ie 1 = bbc
2 = bbc2 3 = itv etc etc.....you can make more than 1 bouquet if u want therefore grouping things eg sport or movies

press dbox/service/ red button or bouquet editor you can then use the coloured buttons to create edit bouquets - it's pretty straight forward.....again save a copy of ur img as it is now in case things go wrong....once u got them as u want then save again or just save the service and bouquets files in var/tuxbox/config/zapit file

smoggie
29th July, 2008, 04:28 PM
congrats on getting your box up and running, its great feeling. I remember when i got my 1st kein system om my m8's box, i shat myself.........................

cablefreejunkie
29th July, 2008, 05:08 PM
cant believe it myself still,,,,theres a lot of good people with a hell of a lot of good info on this site,without them i would still be messing around and getting nowhere fast,,,,

mfitright
29th July, 2008, 07:43 PM
hi my dbox2 sagem 2 chip box and have tried numerous images and cant get it working i have flashed with a sportster image and now just get blank screen after boot up any help would be appreciated thanks
pauline

MetMan
29th July, 2008, 07:47 PM
hi my dbox2 sagem 2 chip box and have tried numerous images and cant get it working i have flashed with a sportster image and now just get blank screen after boot up any help would be appreciated thanks
pauline

do u see any channels with any of the imgs?

mfitright
29th July, 2008, 07:49 PM
hi no i just have a curser flashing and nothing but black screen i did have channels on image before but kept freezing so was told to reflash box and now nothing

MetMan
29th July, 2008, 08:22 PM
hi no i just have a curser flashing and nothing but black screen i did have channels on image before but kept freezing so was told to reflash box and now nothing

can u reflash the img back that gave u some channels?

mfitright
29th July, 2008, 08:29 PM
no i cant because my hard drive went and i have got to find all files again and everytime i try to flash an image ifa says not a bootable image do i need any patches for doing this i am not sure if i need a mediaseng patch i think it is called i am totally lost now

MetMan
29th July, 2008, 08:32 PM
no i cant because my hard drive went and i have got to find all files again and everytime i try to flash an image ifa says not a bootable image do i need any patches for doing this i am not sure if i need a mediaseng patch i think it is called i am totally lost now

ok got a lcd on the box? when sportster boots can u see anything?

mfitright
29th July, 2008, 08:38 PM
lcd on box not working but when connected to tv sportster image shows up and then black screen with flashing curser in top left corner

MetMan
29th July, 2008, 08:46 PM
lcd on box not working but when connected to tv sportster image shows up and then black screen with flashing curser in top left corner

i think sportster asks u on lcd which type of box try pressing 2 and or ok on remote or 1 or anything it may start to load img

ps can u start a new thread as i'm still having nightmares about this one.......

mfitright
29th July, 2008, 08:50 PM
hi i have tried that still nothing just flashing curser in left corner

MetMan
29th July, 2008, 08:53 PM

hang on i'll flash sportster onto mine and i'll see what happens

2nd thoughts what os u using xp? do u know what version the img is?

zaf786
29th July, 2008, 08:55 PM
Hi mate just reading your post you say your lcd not working check that strap hasn,t come of you can push that back in just clips on you need to pull of front flap be carefull

mfitright
29th July, 2008, 08:59 PM
ok thankyou and thankyou for helping me i have tried lots of things and i am getting desperate now lol kids moaning and i feel like pulling my hair out lol

<--mfitright added 3 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...-->

i have now pressed all buttons and booted up but when i go to scan i dont get options for uk just kabel deutchland can you recommend an image to try please

MetMan
29th July, 2008, 09:04 PM
ok thankyou and thankyou for helping me i have tried lots of things and i am getting desperate now lol kids moaning and i feel like pulling my hair out lol

<--mfitright added 3 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...-->

i have now pressed all buttons and booted up but when i go to scan i dont get options for uk just kabel deutchland can you recommend an image to try please

well thats good what box is it? you can ftp to it? is it 1x 2x, what area r u have u got any files saved service bouquet etc or were they lost?

mfitright
29th July, 2008, 09:08 PM
hi it is a sagem dbox2 2 chip and i have not got any files all was lost i am in blackpool lancs

MetMan
29th July, 2008, 09:12 PM
hi it is a sagem dbox2 2 chip and i have not got any files all was lost i am in blackpool lancs

ok i've got a few imgs i could send u 1 if u want but u will have to rescan for ur area....if its a troublesome box picture freezing i'll send u an img with the gbox emu seems to be better with problem boxes but gbox won't au but all u have to do is switch to evocamd let it au and switch back.....i've sent u a pm reply to that and send me ur email addy and i'll send u an img....

mfitright
29th July, 2008, 09:18 PM
i have replied to pm thankyou so much for your help

plasterer
29th July, 2008, 11:56 PM
Remove the E Mail Addy
For your own saftey mate ....Paul

brianbri
2nd August, 2008, 12:53 AM
all the good advice on this thread alone has enabled me to flash my image to Blade. Had a few sticky moments could not get IFA to work so used flashFXP and flashed through Dbox. Scared to press the button (do you want to flash image) first time .. Easy when you know how and when things go well.

Thanks guys :elefant:

kawasakikr1
3rd August, 2008, 12:53 PM
Hi, sorry to butt in on this thread but i'm also in the Blackpool area. When I set my area on the Dbox Blackpool isn't listed, the nearest 2 are Preston and Liverpool. Could anyone tell me which it should be set to, or does it not matter which?

plasterer
3rd August, 2008, 12:58 PM
Just try both
And the one with the most stick with that one ............Paul:itsme:

gizmo.1484
3rd August, 2008, 01:36 PM
Hi, sorry to butt in on this thread but I'm also in the Blackpool area. When I set my area on the Dbox Blackpool isn't listed, the nearest 2 are Preston and Liverpool. Could anyone tell me which it should be set to, or does it not matter which?

If your area is not listed then have a look to see if your county is listed and press that as i had to do the same thing as my area would not let me scan hope this helps m8....