PDA

View Full Version : Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 rising boost limit

gbratk
17th January, 2017, 06:50 PM
Hi,

Is there any chance to rise boost limit from I believe 1,2bar to 1,4 bar?

Land Rover Discovery 2 1999
TD5 137hp
eEprom 27c1024 plcc44

Thank you

Best regards

tango
17th January, 2017, 09:11 PM
bigger intercooler, higher remap than a standard remap and a boost box added

Act Tuning
17th January, 2017, 09:19 PM
Tango and how you can raise boost on this ecu if it not control by ecu, realy intresting :banghead:

AGDiag
17th January, 2017, 09:27 PM
I agree with Act Tuning. I don't think this turbo is electronically controlled so you can't raise the boost with a remap

gbratk
17th January, 2017, 09:45 PM
Car is tuned, it has bigger intercooler, and straight exhaust.

I don't want to rise boost, coz it's already to big because of modifications. I would like to rise boost limit, coz car go to the limp mode after reaches 1,2bar of boost.

tango
18th January, 2017, 01:50 PM
a boost box will do that
boost box with little adjustment to actuator

tango
18th January, 2017, 01:53 PM
I agree with Act Tuning. I don't think this turbo is electronically controlled so you can't raise the boost with a remap

i never said with a remap i said after the car has had a bigger intercooler, people mostly then go for a bigger remap than they had before and also add a boostbox
these boost box's were sold a few years ago at ?150 each
i know a few tuners that sell these, i also know how to make them, not much to them really

tango
18th January, 2017, 02:05 PM
Product Description taken from mates website (taken site details out so no advertising is done)

The standard Td5 produces a boost pressure of 1.2 bar. It is common to add a larger Intercooler to increase performance, along with a suitable remap, but these two together just won’t be working as well as they could do. Often is the case that someone will add a performance intercooler, only to find that the car is only slightly brighter than before. This is due to the standard boost pressure, which will not allow a performance Intercooler to work at optimum efficiency.
It is possible to increase the turbo boost pressure, to give more power and torque, by fitting the Turbo Booster! This clever little box will alow an increase in boost pressure, without the engine management sensing an ‘overboost’ situation, which can put the car into Limp Mode. With more boost present, the performance Intercooler is able to better dissipate the additional heat generated, making for a much more dense intake air charge, and hence giving more power and torque.
If you have a bigger Intercooler, but don’t have a booster, then you’re not realising the full potential of your engine!
The effects of fitting this are obvious from the moment you start to drive. The car will feel brighter, right from low rpm, and will help to provide a smooth spread of power. Any exhaust smoke you had before fitting the booster, will be virtually eliminated due to much improved combustion.
Turbo booster uses original spec land rover connectors and wiring to ensure a perfect fit. It’s also waterproof, so can be used in the most extreme off road situations!
Please note that this product should only be used in conjunction with a remapped engine management system, and larger performance intercooler! Also please note that this device effectively removes the upper boost limit, and so it would be possible to damage the turbo through overspeed, and breach the head gasket if there was a wastegate failure.

gbratk
18th January, 2017, 02:40 PM
i never said with a remap i said after the car has had a bigger intercooler, people mostly then go for a bigger remap than they had before and also add a boostbox
these boost box's were sold a few years ago at ?150 each
i know a few tuners that sell these, i also know how to make them, not much to them really

Tango, can you send me any schematic of this boost box, that I could build it myself?

tango
18th January, 2017, 04:13 PM
sorry no
it wouldnt be good on the few tuners i know that sell them for a living
you can buy 1 now at ?65+vat
i can pm you the site if you need it

rovertechwm
31st August, 2020, 03:16 PM
Hi All

I can raise the boost cut off to 1.5bar in the software.

Thanks