PDA

View Full Version : PROBLEM WITH MINI R56 COOPER CAS , steering wheel lock red on dash board

franavs
20th January, 2017, 02:30 PM
hi , i have a problem with the CAS of mini cooper r56 2007 , the car start good ,unlock and lock perfect work, but in the dashboard show me red steering wheel fault , i tried reset CAS but nothing change , i change the battery because i read is usually problem with old battery , any help ? i have the elv out and work fine , is only its show me the fault .
thank in avance

vageric
20th January, 2017, 02:47 PM
maybe steering motor.
common problem by mini 2007 and up.
if they reach 80000km and up the motor go tits up.

franavs
20th January, 2017, 04:12 PM
😀😀😀solved the problem , i was reseting the cas , and no the elv , when i reset the elv solved the problem , 🤗🤗🤗

indienick
20th January, 2017, 07:45 PM
I cross my fingers every time I touch a mini. Suchs pain in the tits.

bearheroes
22nd January, 2017, 08:30 AM
I cross my fingers every time I touch a mini. Suchs pain in the tits.

What is the difference between cooper and bmw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

franavs
22nd January, 2017, 01:33 PM
I think is the same sistem ,but i have delphi for diagnostic and its no reset the elv , only the cas

indienick
23rd January, 2017, 04:16 PM
What is the difference between cooper and bmw?

the people who maintain them in my area. most mini without keys is a kid's car and has every light on the dash imaginable.

bearheroes
23rd January, 2017, 11:10 PM
the people who maintain them in my area. most mini without keys is a kid's car and has every light on the dash imaginable.

impossible what you say...exactly same system with bmw...

Locker
27th January, 2017, 07:53 PM
I have heard (Only heard) that it is possible to program a bmw smart key (e90 style) to a mini....remote will program but car wont start. I have no idea if that's correct or doable, just thought i would share the info

indienick
27th January, 2017, 08:38 PM
impossible what you say...exactly same system with bmw...

i understand they are the same system. what i am saying is, Mini cars are inexpensive, and BMW are expensive. In my area, a lot of the Mini's are owned by people that cannot afford to maintain them, and I hate touching them because they will come back a month later and say "my airbag light is on now" or "my A/C stopped working a month after you programmed the key".

bearheroes
27th January, 2017, 10:43 PM
I have heard (Only heard) that it is possible to program a bmw smart key (e90 style) to a mini....remote will program but car wont start. I have no idea if that's correct or doable, just thought i would share the info

This is also impossible...the reason is simple...hitag!!! All hitag keys need isk lo, hi and pwd...so if you write them properly car will start...to all cars with hitag keys...and all of these data are inside cas...

bearheroes
27th January, 2017, 10:45 PM
i understand they are the same system. what i am saying is, Mini cars are inexpensive, and BMW are expensive. In my area, a lot of the Mini's are owned by people that cannot afford to maintain them, and I hate touching them because they will come back a month later and say "my airbag light is on now" or "my A/C stopped working a month after you programmed the key".

This happens to me to almost all customers...not only mini...btw there are no worst customers than mb owners...