PDA

View Full Version : A friend just KILLED a 2012 Rover

ucokseparoh
26th January, 2017, 09:39 AM
He intended to make a spare for the car then connected his SKP. Programming was all OK but now none of the smart-key works any longer. Car can not start and on dashboard it says "Smart key not found. Refer to handbook".
what can be done to help this friend guys?
every idea is highly appreciated.. thanks..

super jumbe
26th January, 2017, 09:56 AM
Disconnect battery for 15min and try...

ucokseparoh
26th January, 2017, 10:04 AM
Okay mate.. will tell it to him. Thanks.

ucokseparoh
26th January, 2017, 10:32 AM
He already did that. He even did it 30minutes,but result is the same. Car still can not start.

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using Tapatalk

paul_12345
26th January, 2017, 10:48 AM
if its had the update in the past couple of years then its off to the dealers for a big bill.... maybe try to find someone with a JLR Doctor to try that.

rapidlocksmiths
26th January, 2017, 10:50 AM
has it been to main dealer for a service or any work done at dealers or any recalls , if so then its had kvm update that prevents key programming by most equipment , avdi claim a solution as does jlr doctor from legend web

if going down dealer route id sit down when making that call

ucokseparoh
26th January, 2017, 10:56 AM
May be it has had the update.. just did a bit search regarding that warn thrown by AD and find it out the cars that been listed as "dangerous" is 2013+
Due to circumstances beyond our control we are advising TCodePro & MVPPro users not to attempt to program proximity keys on Jaguar / Land Rover vehicles listed below. (with immediate effect)

JLR have identified a security vulnerability in the keyless ignition function and are now recalling all vehicles manufactured from 2013 to 2016 back to the workshop for a security update.

Attempting to program keys on these vehicles using ADS207 after the dealer update has happened permanently disables the proximity function and the KVM (Keyless Vehicle Module) must be replaced.

Land Rover Evoque 2013+
Freelander 2 2013+
Range Rover Sport 2013+
Range Rover 2013+
Discovery 2013+
Jaguar 2013 + All models

We are currently working on this issue and will advise of any changes.

Regards

The AD Team

rapidlocksmiths
26th January, 2017, 11:17 AM
i take year advice with a pinch of salt on cross over year.

didi_du_93000
26th January, 2017, 01:09 PM
Many people say me JLR from thelegend will repair kvm killed by skp.

with Tapatalk

CaioW
26th January, 2017, 01:38 PM
Good to know, thanks for the info!

ucokseparoh
26th January, 2017, 01:56 PM
Good to know, thanks for the info!
Are you currently dealing with the same problem too?

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using Tapatalk

ucokseparoh
26th January, 2017, 02:47 PM
Many people say me JLR from thelegend will repair kvm killed by skp.

with Tapatalk

Just got an info that it actually can be fixed if we have the JLR online subscription (i don't know whether or not it's the same with JLR Doctor). Possibility with cracked soft is also opened. I got this info from a friend.. he said keys can be recovered..he had done many. He bases in UK.

paul_12345
26th January, 2017, 05:44 PM
Just got an info that it actually can be fixed if we have the JLR online subscription (i don't know whether or not it's the same with JLR Doctor). Possibility with cracked soft is also opened. I got this info from a friend.. he said keys can be recovered..he had done many. He bases in UK.

With the new update the dealer has to replace the KVM module just to program a spare key... so no JLR subscription is going to help.

JLR doctor (maybe)

or dealer and replace module.

The legend website states theres a clone of JLR Doctor not sure who is selling it.

Cromwe11
26th January, 2017, 09:02 PM
There are 2012 vehicles that have had the updated KVM units so the 2013+ statement is a bit misleading. If in doubt then check (bit late in this case), our local Land Rover dealer have been very helpful. Quick phone call to ask them to look up the vehicles service record and confirm if the update has been carried out. Not sure if all dealers are so helpful but worth a try.

whiskeyman
26th January, 2017, 10:06 PM
been spoken about many times and many warnings
if you take word of dealer to say its ok then your brave man

prepare to get it right up the arse from dealer

ucokseparoh
27th January, 2017, 03:12 PM
"With the new update the dealer has to replace the KVM module just to program a spare key... so no JLR subscription is going to help.

JLR doctor (maybe)....."

Do you have any idea how much will it cost to replace the KVM @paul? A friend in Canada once did a 2014 Rover,all smart key lost. The customer contacted the dealer before he went to this friend and was quoted $4000 for making the keys.. Lucky may be,this friend did it with SKP and won that $4000 jack pot.:biggrin:

I don't think he'll go with the JLR option.. he looks terrified once hearing the price of the device (i told him that i heard the price is around 3500pound) :creep:
"been spoken about many times and many warnings
if you take word of dealer to say its ok then your brave man.."
may be he doesn't know bout the warn @whiskey.. may be..

rapidlocksmiths
27th January, 2017, 03:33 PM
it may be that the price of the jlr doctor is cheaper than what the dealer will charge him to fix this , he at least has a nice new tool .
cheaper again would be to find a local locksmith or garage that has a jlr doctor and pay them to fix it

your friend really should research before blindly plugging into some vehicles , especially with cheap skp900 , this is an expensive lesson for him , easily avoided had he researched the job and asked right questions of his customer , a lesson im sure he will learn from the hard way. these are the reasons we research jobs before doing them and why we are properly and extensively insured to cover the unexpected.

im sure someone in his area will have a jlr doctor and may be able to help

Cromwe11
28th January, 2017, 09:52 PM
been spoken about many times and many warnings
if you take word of dealer to say its ok then your brave man

prepare to get it right up the arse from dealer

Depends on how good your relationship with the dealer is. Even if you don't trust them 100% you can always check the KVM on the vehicle. If you know before you go then its saved you a wasted journey.

obdsystems
29th January, 2017, 06:27 PM
"With the new update the dealer has to replace the KVM module just to program a spare key... so no JLR subscription is going to help.

JLR doctor (maybe)....."

Do you have any idea how much will it cost to replace the KVM @paul? A friend in Canada once did a 2014 Rover,all smart key lost. The customer contacted the dealer before he went to this friend and was quoted $4000 for making the keys.. Lucky may be,this friend did it with SKP and won that $4000 jack pot.:biggrin:

I don't think he'll go with the JLR option.. he looks terrified once hearing the price of the device (i told him that i heard the price is around 3500pound) :creep:
"been spoken about many times and many warnings
if you take word of dealer to say its ok then your brave man.."
may be he doesn't know bout the warn @whiskey.. may be..

So your friend will leave customer's car in ruined state ?

using cheap chinese tools like SKP brings increased risks

sparkz02
30th January, 2017, 03:18 PM
As as soon as I heard about these updates a few years ago, I didn't do another once of these since, to much headaches. Is this the same case with truecode JLR sw? Or does it detect if its been upgraded or not.

rapidlocksmiths
30th January, 2017, 04:47 PM
same with all kit , though avdi claim to be able to do them , a brave man who trys 1st though .

didi_du_93000
30th January, 2017, 04:59 PM
I trust just jlr doctor

with Tapatalk

TERMINATOR1000
30th January, 2017, 07:37 PM
I trust just jlr doctor

with Tapatalk

il co?te combien ton docteur ? The just price ...

obdsystems
30th January, 2017, 08:30 PM
other tool manufactures came with warning bulletins and updates. Some claim ok now.

will see many SKP users on this forum bugger up these cars.

customer will take you to court... thousands once those blood sucker lawyers finish. jlr doctor will seem good price then

ucokseparoh
1st February, 2017, 01:44 PM
So your friend will leave customer's car in ruined state ?

can we actually do that ? what an easy way to make a living without having any risk to be worry then if that's the case.:biggrin:

CASE CLOSED guys.. he paid $1000 to the car owner. By your comments all,he is very lucky that the car owner willing to accept only that $1000.

didi_du_93000
1st February, 2017, 06:03 PM
Hahaha.
The loser is the customer now.
I think he will come back when he will understand the problem.

with Tapatalk

HeXeN
5th February, 2017, 12:49 PM
What about x100pro. It has some models up to 2014 year.

Siham
6th February, 2017, 01:39 AM
Hello Folks ,

Anyone have ever heard about this tool XOBD for JLR ?
http://x-obd.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_35&products_id=19

Best regards ! :)

paul_12345
6th February, 2017, 12:03 PM
Hello Folks ,

Anyone have ever heard about this tool XOBD for JLR ?
http://x-obd.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_35&products_id=19

Best regards ! :)

it was not released when I seen it the other week... I doubt its any better than skp900.

ucokseparoh
6th February, 2017, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE]What about x100pro. It has some models up to 2014 year.[QUOTE]

I'd try it if it's a lost key situation.. if it's a spare? i'd turn my back from it. :vroam::biggrin:

didi_du_93000
9th February, 2017, 01:05 PM
[QUOTE]What about x100pro. It has some models up to 2014 year.[QUOTE]

I'd try it if it's a lost key situation.. if it's a spare? i'd turn my back from it. :vroam:[emoji3]

But you must know if it's all key lost you can also kill kvm or bcm

with Tapatalk

paul_12345
9th February, 2017, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=ucokseparoh;2950329][QUOTE]What about x100pro. It has some models up to 2014 year.

But you must know if it's all key lost you can also kill kvm or bcm

with Tapatalk

But the dealer will have to replace KVM anyway so just tell customer not to mention someone tried to do it else they will try rip them off. Then dealer should replace KVM and not charge for it, jsut the price of keys.

totalkey
10th February, 2017, 04:48 PM
Also for spare job dealer change kvm!

ucokseparoh
10th February, 2017, 05:20 PM
@didi_du

that's the answer mate..as Paul has put there. If the KVM has to be replaced why not we give it a try? We may got lucky..

i know a friend who done a 2015 Rover all smart key lost with SKP.. and he got paid by the customer as much as the dealer tried to charge her which is $4000.. :biggrin:

paul_12345
10th February, 2017, 07:27 PM
Also for spare job dealer change kvm!

Yes, but customer had a working key!!! Then you would leave them with none and a car that needs towing to the dealer... and then dealer says you f*cked it and its going to cost ?????????? to fix. Customer aint going to be happy.

With no keys you leave customer no worse off... slight difference isn't there.

andreixc
2nd May, 2017, 04:09 PM
If the car is older than 2012, the keys can be recovered when the SDD will reflash the KVM.
If the car is newer than 2012, the KVM is locked and needs to be replaced, again you can buy one from the
dealer, use the SDD and program the keys in.

This works only once!! At the end of the procedure the SDD will lock the KVM, and if you'll try to do something to
it you'll have to replace it. In the UK you can buy the KVM straight from the dealer with 70 pounds.

So if you want to do Range Rover keys, I would keep a virgin KVM with me at all times.

whiskeyman
2nd May, 2017, 09:43 PM
lot of hassle just for a spare

insomnia2009
5th May, 2017, 06:27 AM
is there any tool that will do these by eeprom if you read with jtag programmer so you can back up dump

isma123
6th May, 2017, 09:07 PM
TMPRO MATE !

it unlock pic but not work every time

didi_du_93000
6th May, 2017, 11:21 PM
Tmpro can't do evoque.

with Tapatalk

electromech
6th May, 2017, 11:28 PM
TMPRO MATE !

it unlock pic but not work every time

No PIC-18 in KVM you must be refering to CJB

purdy
9th May, 2017, 03:26 AM
There must be a way to identify if the sw has been updated before attempting key programming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

leandroks
21st May, 2017, 04:54 PM
could anyone tell me where the kvm is located??
I ve got a car on my shop wich remote lock, unlock and lights are working ok. But i need to place the key under the steering wheel to get the car started, Do u guys think it has been damaged for trying programm a spare key?? Or when it happens even the remote stops??? On diagnose KVM dont shows any dtc.
Thanks,.

Siham
21st May, 2017, 05:59 PM
I do not think its a KVM problem at all .
Check antena and aslso try to replace battery of smart key.
If the customers have also a second key try with this one .

Good luck .

leandroks
21st May, 2017, 06:02 PM
Customer sad it happened after a new key programming, but the strange thing is as long as i know when we ve got a kvm problem even the remote stops working, i am wrong???
I ve changed battery and looked all over, on the diagnose it shows 1 key inside the car.
Very strange.

amigokola
21st May, 2017, 08:09 PM
Not my brand but by accident I found virgin files for KVM. Dont know if it helps...
https://xhorsepolska.pl/pl/p/Plik-KVM-FK72-19H440-BF-VIRGIN/180
https://xhorsepolska.pl/pl/p/Plik-KVM-FK72-19H440-AF-VIRGIN-/179

leandroks
21st May, 2017, 09:34 PM
Thanks m8 for helping, but do you think the problem described can be caused for the kvm??

martin254
22nd July, 2017, 09:40 AM
Hi Guys,
I had a similar Problem with a JAGUAR XJ 2014.I connected my SKP900 and afterwards it could not recognise the original key.It was then that i realised that the KVM was Locked.I connected Abrites and recovered the original key and later went on to program a duplicate key.It was such a relief :tears_of_joy:

Duracell2
22nd July, 2017, 01:56 PM
Mammaaaaa, just killed a Rover.

Duracell2
22nd July, 2017, 02:02 PM
I sometimes wish I'd never become a locksmith.

indienick
22nd July, 2017, 07:54 PM
Hi Guys,
I had a similar Problem with a JAGUAR XJ 2014.I connected my SKP900 and afterwards it could not recognise the original key.It was then that i realised that the KVM was Locked.I connected Abrites and recovered the original key and later went on to program a duplicate key.It was such a relief :tears_of_joy:

Just curious but if you have Abrites why would you use SKP 900 for this car? Is the Abrites software no good?

drugowaz
22nd July, 2017, 09:05 PM
skp900 range rover killer? or anyone had succes?

Daveskeys
22nd July, 2017, 11:09 PM
Quote - Elrond

"There are some who would not deem it wise."

Locker
25th July, 2017, 09:42 PM
skp900 range rover killer? or anyone had succes?

I did a couple of Rovers with skp....but i stopped now hehe
did a range rover sport 2014, and 2 or 3 evoque

dontforgetus
16th December, 2017, 11:51 PM
before skp try to use v140 or lower JLR SDD and try

it cant damage it with that tool if has been updated and just tell you cant be done and to tell to contact dealer without kvm damage

cant recall but i think v141 or higher auto updates kvm with newer firmware when do a key program when its not been already updated

dontforgetus
16th December, 2017, 11:59 PM
Avdi cant do them either for now if they been updated

but if it detects it been updated then its stops itself so cant damage car
but apparently it can change vim on kvm and adapt a used one so iv read on here

so use skp or other tool and if need be damage the kvm

so try to change vim and readapt using avdi to see if it can do it

note not tried it just a theory and done think will work

if that fails look for virgin kvm files and virginize the locked unit but to much hassle for most who like to be in and out of a job in 10 mins

dontforgetus
17th December, 2017, 12:01 AM
has same alogs in this as other tools that cant do updated kvm models

dontforgetus
17th December, 2017, 12:04 AM
this is what happens when kvm is messed up or if car battery if very low or about to fail and cant power wireless system
only way to start is hold key under wheel

drugowaz
17th December, 2017, 09:01 AM
Anyone using this?
Possible to program keys woth it?
2017 Newest JLR SDD V145 Auto Diagnostic Tool Special For Land Rover/For Jaguar OBD2 Diagnostic Interface CNP Free Shipping
http://s.aliexpress.com/aQbEvERZ
(from AliExpress Android)

bearheroes
17th December, 2017, 11:11 AM
Only in engineer mode.
And only if key is precided for this car.
And i’m absolutely sure chinese will never provide working engineer mode codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk