PDA

View Full Version : 03 gmc silverado cluster trans gauge

Speedoman57
27th January, 2017, 02:21 AM
i have a question that i am thinking someone here can help me with. i have a 03 silverado cluster that does not have the trans gauge. i am wanting to add a trans gauge. so my question is if i take a file from a 03 silverado with the trans gauge and program it to one without the trans gauge will it also program the trans gauge to work?

clusters
27th January, 2017, 03:38 AM
I believe that function is in the flash programming not the eeprom, but I could be wrong. Try it and let me know the outcome.

morrisgauge
27th January, 2017, 04:01 AM
In what sense are you adding the transmission temperature gauge? Replacing the cluster or adding an aftermarket satellite gauge? Does your transmission have the appropriate temp sender?

clusters
27th January, 2017, 04:08 AM
He wants to add the gauge motor to an existing cluster, but it needs programming for it to work.

All GMT800 trucks have the sender, and the info is available on the Class2 dataline from the PCM.

JandJSpeedShop
27th January, 2017, 04:07 PM
I believe that function is in the flash programming not the eeprom, but I could be wrong. Try it and let me know the outcome.

Done this many times and believe it or not the functionality is located in the EEPROM. All you need is a file from a 2500/3500 truck that has the trans temp. Solder on the gauge get the correct overlay and it works perfectly

Speedoman57
28th January, 2017, 08:14 PM
Thanks you all I went ahead and tried it out and it worked just like jandj said. Appreciate everyone as always.

ascrap2003
29th January, 2017, 07:31 AM
I belive as long as the cluster has a temp gauge it should work on most cars since tranny temp info is available in the OBD system I would think a proper cluster is all it would take in most cases.

ascrap2003
29th January, 2017, 07:36 AM
Sounds like your towing if that's the cases a after market temp sender and gauge will show you the actual temps most gauges 6 years or older are a basic cold hot and your tranny is toast reading

SPARTANAUTOWORX
11th February, 2017, 05:54 PM
Done this many times and believe it or not the functionality is located in the EEPROM. All you need is a file from a 2500/3500 truck that has the trans temp. Solder on the gauge get the correct overlay and it works perfectly

This right here is the answer.
If you need a file I can provide one.

XmoDDeR
12th February, 2017, 12:54 AM
This right here is the answer.
If you need a file I can provide one.

spartan hit me on skype

borshch
27th November, 2017, 05:05 PM
does this work on all 2003-2006 silverado / sierra clusters ?

for me it was 50/50 chance programming the eeprom with dump with tem gauge with same year and model.
possibly it only works on certain cluster software flash version ?

SPARTANAUTOWORX
8th December, 2017, 06:17 PM
does this work on all 2003-2006 silverado / sierra clusters ?

for me it was 50/50 chance programming the eeprom with dump with tem gauge with same year and model.
possibly it only works on certain cluster software flash version ?

I have never had an issue with adding the programming to the eeprom on any of the clusters I have done for trans temp addition.

Seatrash3450
17th June, 2019, 11:46 PM
What program do you use to access the eeprom files? Also, is there a specific area which I need to put the file?

Seatrash3450
17th June, 2019, 11:49 PM
how could I contact you for a file? It would be very helpful. Thanks!