PDA

View Full Version : 2000 S500 W220 Problems

mikeg332
28th January, 2017, 08:14 PM
This vehicle has some no start problems. The key will turn but will not start. Also the shifter will not come out of park. Seems to be temp related but not sure. Wanted to change the eis in this vehicle. I bought a new(used) eis and want to put it in the car. My question is this. In the original EIS there are motorola MCU's that are 908's with mask 4j74y. On the new eis they are also motorola mcu's but they are 705's. What would i need to do to get the key dumps from the 908's and put them in the new(used) eis? what software/hardware would i need for this job? finally what is the procedure to program the new(used) eis to the vehicle. I do have some tools (car prog, star c4, fvdi) please let me know what else i need and what steps to take to possibly get this car fixed

p.s
when the car will not start i noticed that the voltage of the can drops to 1.4. should be almost 2.5ish correct? seems to happen completely random.

If you have any helpful information on this please please please help me out. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated

duplikeytor
12th April, 2017, 12:54 AM
Any update on this? Have similar problem

lpf01
13th April, 2017, 09:12 PM
I had done a W220 EZS change last month, here is how i done:

- First, check te possible part numbers for your VIN in EPC, than get a new EZS, edit VIN, make keys if there isnt any.
- Get shifter, disassemble it ( not as hard as it seems first but be careful when unclip electronic from the selector). Read eprom inside, write new EZS data to it ( its not a hard task, just open old EZS dump in SKC and you will se where fits the correct data, as i remember you need swap bytes).
- Virginise ECU, than match it with Xentry in developer mode - Special thanks to Mercis, he helped me a lot
- Virginise dash and match with Xentry because it will show ------ on mileage after EZS swap ( i think it have some sync bytes ).

Or second chance swap the 4J mcu-s to 2J, and program it with ETL, maybe it comes to work again.

narkeleptk
12th May, 2017, 04:18 AM
This sounds more like ESM problem.
Did you ever get it fixed?