PDA

View Full Version : how to restore your ipod touch/iphone

mickydibble
26th September, 2009, 01:03 AM
you would need to put your device into DFU( DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE UPDATE)
if you need to restore your iphone/ipod touch " its crashed" or, maybe you need to jailbreak also,,,,the firmware needs to change ,be custom etc...

1:iphone/ipod touch plugged in (usb)
2:hold power button and home button for about 10 seconds until you here the chime sound
3: when you here the sound ,let go of the power button,but still keep home button pressed for about 15 seconds until the chime again.
4: you should then have a black screen,and itunes will tell you ,you are in dfu mode and need to restore firmware :software
5: this is where you can restore to different firmware( very handy if you want to jailbreak also.
6: hold shift button on pc and left click on mouse restore and choose firmware....location
7:wait awhile and your ipod/iphone etc....is back to original settings...

you will have lost your stuff,but if backed up just re-sync

now if you have backed everthing up then you can sync your apps etc......back to your pod

there soon will be a lot more tips/tricks/mods/etc.....soon :top: thnx micky

thnx devilfish:top:

manxspud
26th September, 2009, 07:36 AM
Nice one @mickydibble... Now the kids have both got decent phones i get to use MY ipod/touch:thrasher: Will keep in touch with this thread with looooots of interest. :goodpost:

tommybuck
26th September, 2009, 06:35 PM
i need to restore my ipod as i have it jailbroken can i do that without breaking it

mickydibble
26th September, 2009, 10:05 PM
i need to restore my ipod as i have it jailbroken can i do that without breaking it

yes but you would have to go into dfu mode and restore back your original firmware..when prompted to restore in itunes..hold down shift then click restore and locate your firmware and click....you will lose everything and it will go back to original settings....

mickydibble
26th September, 2009, 10:10 PM
Nice one @mickydibble... Now the kids have both got decent phones i get to use MY ipod/touch:thrasher: Will keep in touch with this thread with looooots of interest. :goodpost:

check settings for what firmware 2.2.1, 3.0 etc,also what gen it is first....micky