PDA

View Full Version : how to restore your iphone/ipod touch

mickydibble
26th September, 2009, 01:07 AM
how to restore your ipod touch/iphone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you would need to put your device into DFU( DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE UPDATE)
if you need to restore your iphone/ipod touch " its crashed" or, maybe you need to jailbreak also,,,,the firmware needs to change ,be custom etc...

1:iphone/ipod touch plugged in (usb)
2:hold power button and home button for about 10 seconds until you here the chime sound
3: when you here the sound ,let go of the power button,but still keep home button pressed for about 15 seconds until the chime again.
4: you should then have a black screen,and itunes will tell you ,you are in dfu mode and need to restore firmware :software
5: this is where you can restore to different firmware( very handy if you want to jailbreak also.
6: hold shift button on pc and left click on mouse restore and choose firmware....location
7:wait awhile and your ipod/iphone etc....is back to original settings...

you will have lost your stuff,but if backed up just re-sync

now if you have backed everthing up then you can sync your apps etc......back to your pod

there soon will be a lot more tips/tricks/mods/etc.....soon thnx micky

thnx devilfish

mahabad1972
1st February, 2011, 02:46 AM
how to restore your ipod touch/iphone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you would need to put your device into DFU( DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE UPDATE)
if you need to restore your iphone/ipod touch " its crashed" or, maybe you need to jailbreak also,,,,the firmware needs to change ,be custom etc...

1:iphone/ipod touch plugged in (usb)
2:hold power button and home button for about 10 seconds until you here the chime sound
3: when you here the sound ,let go of the power button,but still keep home button pressed for about 15 seconds until the chime again.
4: you should then have a black screen,and itunes will tell you ,you are in dfu mode and need to restore firmware :software
5: this is where you can restore to different firmware( very handy if you want to jailbreak also.
6: hold shift button on pc and left click on mouse restore and choose firmware....location
7:wait awhile and your ipod/iphone etc....is back to original settings...

you will have lost your stuff,but if backed up just re-sync

now if you have backed everthing up then you can sync your apps etc......back to your pod

there soon will be a lot more tips/tricks/mods/etc.....soon thnx micky

thnx devilfish

believe i have search and i have done every possible way, i been searching eveyday for three weeks now i just give up , there is not single website or a way which i have not tried, i did in everyway just not work

mickydibble
1st February, 2011, 10:11 AM
believe i have search and i have done every possible way, i been searching eveyday for three weeks now i just give up , there is not single website or a way which i have not tried, i did in everyway just not work

What are you trying to do ,a restore? Don't see why you would have a problem ,there is only the right way to do this and the info is above

alotmentman
11th February, 2011, 01:03 AM
:ciao:could you help us got a iphone 3g 16b /its been restored back to shop settings ie everthing wiped of all ive got on screen is the apple and dont know how to get any thing to come on screen ,could you run through wot ive got to do to operate it thanks deb:alberteinstein:

mickydibble
11th February, 2011, 09:50 AM
:ciao:could you help us got a iphone 3g 16b /its been restored back to shop settings ie everthing wiped of all ive got on screen is the apple and dont know how to get any thing to come on screen ,could you run through wot ive got to do to operate it thanks deb:alberteinstein:

Have you just just got this?first thing is to download iTunes to your comp,plug iPhone in and see what it says,but depends what you want to do with it

alotmentman
11th February, 2011, 11:32 AM
thankyou very much jobs a good un worked a treat

ypvs125
11th February, 2011, 06:30 PM

You cannot upgrade or downgrade firmware an iPhone that apple has not signed sign anymore and will only work if you have yr shsh saved on cydia server.

jctech
4th March, 2011, 12:04 AM
I have jailbroken my daughters ipod touch 2G, to get the legodrive app, all OK now.
On the first attempt I failed, she lost her songs from itunes, can she connect to itunes now, or will itunes recognize the jailbreak and attempt to "repair " or replace the firmware?

mickydibble
5th March, 2011, 08:54 AM
I have jailbroken my daughters ipod touch 2G, to get the legodrive app, all OK now.
On the first attempt I failed, she lost her songs from itunes, can she connect to itunes now, or will itunes recognize the jailbreak and attempt to "repair " or replace the firmware?

You can connect to iTunes as usual and syn , add songs everything.
Just don't update software when it asks !