PDA

View Full Version : Visteon DCU-106

Dunker
5th February, 2017, 10:45 PM
I didn't know whether to post this here or in ECU. Either way, The ECU is from a 2007 Land Rover Defender 90 (L316). Engine is Ford 2.4 TDCI. ECU ID is 7H12-12C520-BF. It looks like the ECU has exactly the same pinout as a PHFA MK7 Transit ECU. I suspect it is faulty - no fault codes in ECU or 10AS module. Cranks for a second or not at all, CAM/CKP sync OK on live data and no injector voltage pulses. New battery, all ECU feeds, relays etc. checked. Anyway, cloning the ECU seems quickest test. I don't fancy taking PCB out of ECU and there are a couple of programmable chips on accessible side of PCB. One being the ST10F276-CEG. Does anyone know if this is the chip with the IMMO data in it? I've been searching and not found any reference to any other chips (ie. eeprom) in this ECU. There are a few firms on the NET that clone the data from these ECUs so it can't be that hard - famous last words.

Also, this vehicle has no chip-key or keyfob - nor has it ever had. Never had a problem before. (Wonder if this is how the developers of the MK7 Transit IMMO-Bypass machine made the breakthrough?).

Muhammad Kassam
18th June, 2022, 05:18 PM
How did you go about it then ? I know this is an old thread but I have the exact issue on a DCU106 I have with me, cranks or not at all (intermittently) but at other (more prominent) times, will start okay. . .

Dunker
22nd October, 2022, 09:30 PM
I think in the end it went to Landrover and it cost a fortune. Customer needed it back ASAP and we didn't have the equipment or service data to take it further in a short time frame.