PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Tahoe

Joeyfast13
6th February, 2017, 08:15 PM
Ok guys I'm new to programming eeproms. I do work on clusters mainly 03-07 (steppers, Leds). I have a 07 I need to program miles on. I have looked at tools like the digi prog and tachos pro but don't see them able to do millage correction on a 07 tahoe. My question is what is the best and most simple way to do this. Is there a tool that can do this or will I be required to desolder the eeprom from the circuit board or is there a clip like on the digi prog to where I don't have to desolder it. Like I said I'm new to all this and looking to learn.

janushaan
6th February, 2017, 10:16 PM
you will do read 25080 chip with any programmer,, x-prog, upa-usb, willem eprom programmer , etc post you file here someone will correct it for you

Joeyfast13
6th February, 2017, 11:06 PM
Ok will I have to desolder the chip or can I find a programmer with the clip style? Pretty much what I'm asking is what is the best programmer to use. I would eventually like to get into learning how to do it myself but the guy is offering to buy me the tool if I did it for him. I will be trying to learn afterwards though.

ascrap2003
20th February, 2017, 10:08 PM
Ok will I have to desolder the chip or can I find a programmer with the clip style? Pretty much what I'm asking is what is the best programmer to use. I would eventually like to get into learning how to do it myself but the guy is offering to buy me the tool if I did it for him. I will be trying to learn afterwards though.

I havent done one by eeprom I believe thats a soic a clip will work fine if thats the case either way someone smarter will come along, you can google the eeprom to verify i'm to lazy to do so, if you have a proper programmer 6K+ it can be done via obd, but eeprom wont hurt and is actually the proper way of doing things so you can save dump in case of any issues. Oh btw search the forum search is your freind!

JandJSpeedShop
20th February, 2017, 10:26 PM
Very easy to do with a clip, just need to remove the blue conformational coating, then read the 95080 eeprom