PDA

View Full Version : How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 2g 3.0 Firmware(Windows)

mickydibble
26th September, 2009, 09:58 PM
How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 2g 3.0 Firmware(Windows)

1.YOU MUST BE RUNNING 3.0 FIRMWARE PRIOR TO RUNNING THE redsn0w JAILBREAK. YOU MUST ALSO BE ON iTUNES 8.2 IN ORDER FOR 3.0 TO WORK.
NO SUPPORT WHEN COMING FROM 2.2.1.

2.FULL RESTORE TO 3.0 BEFORE ATTEMPTING.

Download the redsn0w 0.7.1(google it)

Extract the files and place them on your Desktop.

Locate your IPSW file for 3.0 that you got from iTunes.
Located in C:\Users\*USERNAME8\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates
or wherever you have copied it to?

Right-click the Restore file and select Copy, then
Paste the Restore file anywhere on your desktop, or in the Redsn0w folder.where you will know where it is

Put your iPod into DFU mode. If iTunes pops up saying that it found an iPod in Restore mode, just exit it out. Make sure your iPod is plugged in, and your volume is turned up.

Open up your redsn0w folder, you'll see two folders. One called redsn0w-win_0.7.1. Open that folder up.

If on Windows Vista, right click and Run as Administrator. Windows XP, make sure you're on an Admin account, double click redsn0w.exe.

When redsn0w loads up you should see a "Browse" button. Click that and locate the firmware I told you to Paste on Step 5. It should "Process the firmware" and then give you "IPSW successfully identified."

Click Next, If you want Cydia, which I bet most, if not all of you do, leave it checked. Click Next, then Next if your iPod is already in DFU mode, if not do that now. Once your iPod is detected it should move onto the next step.

do what it tells you

Don't touch anything until you see the lockscreen, no user input is needed

If it ever freezes or shuts down. Just unplug, reset (hold both buttons).
and start again
took me all of 2 times,before success

mickydibble
20th November, 2009, 11:47 AM
There are more and more changes in a digital world every day. How can't you get lost in the variety of the audio and video formats, online stores, streaming videos? We have iTunes, YouTube, Napster and many other sources - every one with it's own protections and restrictions.
You must want to get all your media data together - to play on your MP3 player or iPod, or to watch on your home system instead of laptop.
Let Moyea iPod Video Converter (http://www.my-video-converter.com/video_to_ipod/) be your assistant in the digital world!

why have you put an advertisment in here????