PDA

View Full Version : chat on ps3

daz24c
27th September, 2009, 12:01 AM
hi ive just bought a ps3 and the chat thing is really crap.all u can hear is loads of bkground noise and its hard to understand every1.does any1 know any way to make it better please?
thanks

Raven
29th September, 2009, 03:00 PM
I'm no expert on the subject, but it could be any number of things that's distorting your chat audio, like your tv volume settings regarding bass and treble, or more likely your actual chat settings or as well the quality of your headset. If you bought a cheap one then the component quality is probably not the best, therefore distortion could occur....another thing to note is that there is a voice changer within the PS3 Chat, and after having personally messed about with it, that purposely distorts the voice beyond recognition obviously, but you cannot hear a word that's being said though especially at higher levels.

On the other hand you may simply be used to Xbox Live and Microsoft made headsets and come into the PS3 with a 3rd party headset rather than a Sony made one I don't know....there's a reason for your distortion and background noise though, and it could well be the PS3 Chat being not as good, but it's much more likely to be something on your part that's causing it. Probably your headset itself.

dik
30th September, 2009, 11:21 AM
The problem is when there are people using the pseye cam with the built in mic (it's too close to their tv speakers) causing all kinds of noise problems.
You need to mute anyone with a cam and a mic showing against their name to see who is causing the problem, also others in the room who don't mute the "offender" can re transmit the noise coming from their tv speakers. Mute each player 1 at a time and un mute if no problems fixed.

Herbie53
4th October, 2009, 01:38 PM
I have had the ps3 since it came out and experimented with the chat on loads of games. I have resulted in buying an xbox (turned to the darkside,lol) to get flawless ingame chat.
If you have a headset on your ps3 and connect to chat through your startup browser (ie.connect to your friends from friend list) youll find the chat is flawless, but for some reason when you enter in game chat its bollox.
There was talk a few firmwares ago about sorting it out, but they havent done anything about it?/
To be honest,since buying an xbox,the only thing that the ps3 doesnt eat and shit, is the ingame chat.

darren221980
7th October, 2009, 09:29 PM
The problem is when there are people using the pseye cam with the built in mic (it's too close to their tv speakers) causing all kinds of noise problems.
You need to mute anyone with a cam and a mic showing against their name to see who is causing the problem, also others in the room who don't mute the "offender" can re transmit the noise coming from their tv speakers. Mute each player 1 at a time and un mute if no problems fixed.

Spot on from my experience!

I've got the PS Eyetoy (cam/mic in one) and this picks up every sound going so you get alot of feedback from the tv unless you play around with where it's actually located. However i've used a few bluetooth headsets and usually get perfect voice comms using the bluetooth headset that comes free with the Socom: Confrontation game