PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Octavia '09 airbag light on after key programming

comizelu
13th February, 2017, 08:03 PM
Hi everyone

I programmed a spare key for Skoda Octavia '09 tdi facelift with Supervag .everything went well.after I left customer claims that airbag light turned on.I asked him to disconnect battery for 10 minutes.but nothing.

Any idea what happened? Why the airbag light turned on?
It will be enough to clear dtc?

Thank you anticipated

Inviato dal mio HTC One utilizzando Tapatalk

ttzag
13th February, 2017, 08:08 PM
just clear fault ,,dash disconnected while tried to inter service mode

smirnoff_rules
13th February, 2017, 08:11 PM
bit like range rover sport add new key and transmission fault comes up . clear faults and drive should be ok

kemaster
14th February, 2017, 01:49 PM
Had similar problem with VW Beetle 2003. After reset of dash(during PIN reading)airbag lamp lighted up. Clearing DTC in airbag module fixed the problem.

lpf01
14th February, 2017, 04:48 PM
Easy, you have ignition on, than airbag module check your speed from dash to ignite or not on a crash ( or just ignitie stage 1 or both or nothing, it depends on speed limits as i know but im not an airbag expert).
When enter service mode and dash reset, airbag module see communication lost---> gives a fault code.
Just erase fault with supervag detector and it's okay, i had this on may cars and when im in a hurry sometimes fold it and customer cames back in 10 mins :D

paul_12345
14th February, 2017, 07:38 PM
should always scan and clear all fault codes after key programming.. very easy with VCDS

comizelu
14th February, 2017, 08:22 PM
Thank you all!!
I'll go tomorrow and clear dtc.
It's the first time when happen to me..
Thanks again

paul_12345
14th February, 2017, 09:01 PM
Thank you all!!
I'll go tomorrow and clear dtc.
It's the first time when happen to me..
Thanks again

even if the warning light is not on, you will often get non-permanent faults... for instance 'transponder not recognised' and loss of comms etc.