PDA

View Full Version : Iphone sites, tutorials on jailbreaking unlocking.

dell_xps
28th September, 2009, 08:39 AM
iClarified - Tutorials - iPhone (http://www.iclarified.com/entries/index.php?caid=2&scid=11&seid=2)

iPhone Hacks (http://www.iphonehacks.com/)

Feel free to add more links to this thread, these are the 2 sites I use all the time for my Iphone.

Devilfish
28th September, 2009, 09:58 AM
Hopefully we can get some good guides written for DK and people will visit here for all their iPhone needs. :)

Repoman123
28th September, 2009, 04:15 PM
the iphone/ipod touch is definitely one of my strengths so if anyone needs any help or any guides writing just gimme a shout - would love to do my part for this amazing community

mickydibble
28th September, 2009, 04:28 PM
the iphone/ipod touch is definitely one of my strengths so if anyone needs any help or any guides writing just gimme a shout - would love to do my part for this amazing community

Yeh mate as long as you check your guides etc that they work (tested) .start a thread of your own and write one,people can follow it try it etc .. I was going to do a iPhone jailbreak,you could start there if you want or whatever you deem as good info.....cheers micky:)

frazzeld
28th September, 2009, 07:24 PM
This is good news! i'll be needing a guide in the next couple of days....can the latest firmware be jailbroken & unlocked using a windows PC? I read something last night about needing itunes v7 is this still the case?

Repoman123
28th September, 2009, 07:41 PM
itunes v9 is the latest version but you can use filehippo to get the old itunes if you really need it which i doubt

for the best jailbreaking guides head over to iclarified.com, they have screen shots and everything, really helpful stuff

and yes the latest fw can be jailbroken and unlocked using a windows pc to answer your question :)

edit: just wanted to say as of yet, the 3gs on 3.1 cannot be jailbroken/unlocked - what device do you have?

dell_xps
28th September, 2009, 07:49 PM
itunes v9 is the latest version but you can use filehippo to get the old itunes if you really need it which i doubt

for the best jailbreaking guides head over to iclarified.com, they have screen shots and everything, really helpful stuff

and yes the latest fw can be jailbroken and unlocked using a windows pc to answer your question :)

edit: just wanted to say as of yet, the 3gs on 3.1 cannot be jailbroken/unlocked - what device do you have?

Hi m8, here is the correct info on jailbreaking 3.1 firmware......
PwnageTool 3.1 supports iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 1G, it does not support iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 2G or iPod Touch 3G

Repoman123
28th September, 2009, 07:52 PM
hence my edit :)

dell_xps
28th September, 2009, 07:55 PM
hence my edit :)

Yes but I did make a post earlier regarding this, please do not upgrade your iphone to 3.1 if you have the new 3GS as it cannot be jailbroken and unlocked at this moment in time.

frazzeld
28th September, 2009, 08:07 PM

Just the 3G....not arrived yet

dell_xps
28th September, 2009, 08:12 PM
Just the 3G....not arrived yet

3G your good to go then m8.

frazzeld
28th September, 2009, 08:34 PM
3G your good to go then m8.

What about the baseband? if I wish to unlock

dell_xps
28th September, 2009, 08:37 PM
What about the baseband? if I wish to unlock

You can downgrade this via Cydia using a prog called fuzzyband ???
I'll double check for ya and edit my post m8.

dell_xps
28th September, 2009, 08:51 PM
3G Fuzzyband Downgrader: GUI based Tool Makes it Easy to Downgrade Baseband to 02.28.00 for iPhone 3G Users - iPhone Hacks (http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/05/3g-fuzzyband-downgrader-gui-based-tool-makes-it-easy-to-downgrade-baseband-from-023003-to-022800-for.html)

pande_monium
29th September, 2009, 11:06 AM
Guides would be a great idea if the cat (iPDT) and the mouse (Apple) were stationary... not constantly chasing each other about. With new firmware & iTunes being released every quarter, iPDT (iPhone Dev Team) have to release new versions of the Pwanage Tool/redsn0w/ultrasn0w closely to keep up.

Creating a guide would mean going the same route as iClarified... i.e. one guide each for every change in any of the above variables (firmware/iTunes/PwanageTool/redsn0w/ultrasn0w). Hence, the validity of the guide would only be as long as the next firmware update doesn't come out.

Additionally, MuscleNerd/planetbeing/saurik/bugout/etc have made concious efforts to make each of their releases progressively simpler for the noobs to understand. All one needs to do is follow the simple directions on their website, download their tools and follow then follow the simple instructions on their own screens to unlock their phones!

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious. But, I'd rather concentrate on introducing people to the unlocking concept & help them fix their problems, rather than go the guide route.

But... that's just me speaking my two cents worth. Apologies, my point was not to criticise anyone.

Repoman123
29th September, 2009, 11:51 AM
yeh valid point i think, which is why i always just point towards iclarified whenever people ask me for 'how to'

they are already committed to making very noob friendly guides with screenshots and the lot so just let them continue to make them i think

a1an
1st October, 2009, 03:49 PM
i have a iphone and it is running on 3.1 could i ask this question can it be jailbroke or not yes or no i am confused

Repoman123
1st October, 2009, 03:57 PM
which iphone do you have?

only the iphone 3G, [NOT 3GsS] can be jailbroken and only using a mac at that aswell.

the jailbreak for 3gs on windows will be out soon i imagine

joecool
15th October, 2009, 04:09 PM
The wife has an iphone 3gs, I think it is on 3.1, iam not sure that i am bothered about unlocking from o2 as she is on a 2 year contract but i would like to know how to get free apps. If i jailbreak using geohot will this allow me to get free apps ( and from where?). Are they easy to install? if something goes wrong with the phone would she be able to take it back to o2?
Thanks.

dell_xps
15th October, 2009, 08:57 PM
The wife has an iphone 3gs, I think it is on 3.1, iam not sure that i am bothered about unlocking from o2 as she is on a 2 year contract but i would like to know how to get free apps. If i jailbreak using geohot will this allow me to get free apps ( and from where?). Are they easy to install? if something goes wrong with the phone would she be able to take it back to o2?
Thanks.

Yes, try newsgroups or torrent sites for free appz m8, just like installing a bought app. Just restore in itunes to original firmware then take it back to o2 if you have any probs.
HTH