PDA

View Full Version : AVDI no more Support!

parapilot
17th February, 2017, 06:31 PM
Those of us that have been getting supported on products we are spending thousands of euros on from abrites are getting stopped apparently!

Just got this from Kap, after I renewed my ams with them rather than avdi so I could use Kap for emulators rather than pay 80euro postage.

"support is a payable solution that requires an Assist Plan. The anomaly of receiving "free support" with Abrites is being closed."

so so as I understand is UK buyers are going to be forced to buy an assist plan from Kap or zero support. Shocking. We buy software if it does not work right we should be able to ask and get support.

Not happy at all, I know a lot of you have gone VVdi, Iv not as yet but if the above is the case then im going to support avdi as little as possible and spend on other options that offer support!!!!

totalkey
17th February, 2017, 06:42 PM
Is not just uk costumers, they also told me to buy support from kap.

rapidlocksmiths
17th February, 2017, 07:10 PM
so another resource for some users has been removed , and more goal post moving .

this doesnt really affect me as i bought from kap and i buy my support plan from kap as the uk distributor , so nothing changes for me , but i can understand those who buy direct being unhappy and those outside uk especially .

if kap are handling support for whole of europe , they will be swamped i suspect , unless gearing up a team for it .

if it frees up time for more development then thats one positive , its not unusual for manufacturers to contract out support tasks , AD and IEA do this already via hickleys in uk , i suspect it will cost more as an additional link in chain , i just hope it means a better more streamlined support along with more development , or am i being too optimistic.

i dont doubt the ever moving goalposts and recent decisions will push a good few users away sadly , lets hope not so many that it becomes an issue .

indienick
17th February, 2017, 07:11 PM
Perhaps a last ditch effort to keep KAP afloat? They have probably invested more with Abrites than anyone.

PremierD
17th February, 2017, 07:34 PM
How to win friends and influence customers ............... :roflmao:

obdsystems
17th February, 2017, 08:40 PM
Gave up on support years ago from any of them. forums are best

What concerns me is if the tool goes faulty. But doubt Abrites are willing to drop a 'repair' job or business via their website.

Rather do business directly with Abrites, than any foreign run companies like KAP or chinese

whiskeyman
17th February, 2017, 10:50 PM
this is for all the guys that have sung abrities praises

this again iis going to cost the company thousands of pounds in lost revenue

zedbull cryptoworks all over again

ok so how much will support be a year and what exactly you get for this money??????

i suspect not a lot

nazz2
17th February, 2017, 11:01 PM
I couldnt have said it any better, have you noticed Krap diagnostic sponsored posts started cropping up? it must have hurt their business, well done US!+DK. & Google.

gttuning
17th February, 2017, 11:21 PM
Today corsa C 2005.fitting second hand cluster.try avdi to log in with pin.not work
So if i email support they tell ne to get assist plan with KRAP?if this is the case then they soon close the door.there will be court cases one after another https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170217/c542ecd5c66efebe7adbab35b0ab5b79.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170217/5847d7c6ea39a529680ece38caa72a5a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170217/ece02a649ea5ecdb41d5057774e79569.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Atex31
18th February, 2017, 12:21 AM
Did a 2009 Volkswagen Touareg remote key last month, no problems with AVDI, the customer came back for another spare today and the AVDI now with VAG 28.1 failed every time even using two different laptops. It would start to search for the PIN/CS etc then became unresponsive and then crashed completely.
Tried to produce a dealer key with the Wizard function as well as standard key function but both failed the same way at the same point.
It is an EDC17 which I have previously paid for the OBD licence and used it regularly, it looks like the new AVDI VAG licence changes have upset the previous licences so they no longer function.
I have sent logs to Kap this afternoon (basic AMS so allow two business days for a response) hopefully that will help to solve this problem swiftly and I can get the car back in again and finish the job with the tools I have already paid for.

key point
18th February, 2017, 12:30 AM
Did a 2009 Volkswagen Touareg remote key last month, no problems with AVDI, the customer came back for another spare today and the AVDI now with VAG 28.1 failed every time even using two different laptops. It would start to search for the PIN/CS etc then became unresponsive and then crashed completely.
Tried to produce a dealer key with the Wizard function as well as standard key function but both failed the same way at the same point.
It is an EDC17 which I have previously paid for the OBD licence and used it regularly, it looks like the new AVDI VAG licence changes have upset the previous licences so they no longer function.
I have sent logs to Kap this afternoon (basic AMS so allow two business days for a response) hopefully that will help to solve this problem swiftly and I can get the car back in again and finish the job with the tools I have already paid for.

This EDC/MED17 issue seems to becoming more of coincidence now since release of 28.1.
I have heard from 3 people that have failed on EDC/MED17 vehicles all prior to 2010, surely all these vehicles have not had recent new variant ECU replacements that need AN055 licence to assist by reading indirect.
Is it Alek on here who works for Abrites? if it is then this issue could do with looking at ASAP.
Hopefully all failures are being followed up with log files sent to Abrites.

whiskeyman
18th February, 2017, 12:37 AM
just curious
so with this support plan does in mean we can no longer buy the software from other people except kap?

will kap support this???

rapidlocksmiths
18th February, 2017, 12:42 AM
thats a balls ache , more so as you used avdi to do the same car last month . i seem to remember similar issues last time they jiggled licences around , obviously not learnt from past mistakes , lets hope they find a solution from log files and that its not a long term issue , i seem to remember last time they messed with the licences some functions were lost unless you had another licence too , but i may be wrong , lets hope its swiftly resolved .

lets hope the update listed today include some unlisted bug fixes caused by the recent licence tinkering .

i have a 2008 A3 to look at that another locksmith has walked away from after failure in leicester , i dont know the locksmith so i dont know if genuine avdi or fvdi was used , but customer decribed the unit used so narowed down to either avdi or fvdi , non working previously working functions is a concern as end up unpaid and losing money , as customers we deserve better than this especially as not the first time its happened .

rapidlocksmiths
18th February, 2017, 01:15 AM
This EDC/MED17 issue seems to becoming more of coincidence now since release of 28.1.
I have heard from 3 people that have failed on EDC/MED17 vehicles all prior to 2010, surely all these vehicles have not had recent new variant ECU replacements that need AN055 licence to assist by reading indirect.
Is it Alek on here who works for Abrites? if it is then this issue could do with looking at ASAP.
Hopefully all failures are being followed up with log files sent to Abrites. AlekN tends to answer questions on the avdi users questions thread if asked , not always quickly and not always fully or relevent but you do get a response , its certainly something answers and solution are required on.

rivalryan
18th February, 2017, 01:32 AM
I had problems on an A3 2009 8P with CS and working key v28.0, went back with v28.1 a week later and it worked. I think the previous release had quite a few bugs, guess thats why the next update came out so quickly, hope all will be resolved in v28.2 (that be 3x updates in less than 3 weeks!)
Time is money and all that!

rapidlocksmiths
18th February, 2017, 01:38 AM
lets hope so , as ive never known so much unrest with regards the tool , surely the powers that be must see the unrest over recent weeks

purdy
18th February, 2017, 09:14 AM
lets hope so , as ive never known so much unrest with regards the tool , surely the powers that be must see the unrest over recent weeks

Just a thought. It's seams Lots of people are unhappy with avdi at the moment. If they vote with there feet and stop spending. Avdi throws in the towel and goes bust. They un plug there server 30days and later were all FUxxED.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

key point
18th February, 2017, 09:21 AM
Link is through this morning for VAG 28.2.

rapidlocksmiths
18th February, 2017, 11:35 AM
your lucky , not through to me yet

parapilot
18th February, 2017, 12:48 PM
I'm not going to spent thousands of euros with no support no thanks. I was waiting for next 20% off to add bmw, but not any more I'm going to get myself a VVDI 2 been told bmw is good on that. I don't think avdi will go bust they have a good product, they just need to change the way they do things and hopefully they will realize if they take a hit in the pocket. Stop pushing us away. Software this expensive with no way of support (without paying a 3rd party) is just stupid. They should be top of the stack and pride themselves of their support and fixing problems. At the moment all they seam interested in is making as much money out of us mugs as possible. :(

rapidlocksmiths
18th February, 2017, 01:10 PM
this has been highlighted in another thread , the lack of a good understandable bmw manual , as no good manual the need for support for many is greatly increased , who will buy without support.

abrites have deals to attract new custom all the time , but not all new customers they sell to have vast experience , so support is i would think more important than ever .

im in same boat mate , i had decided to retire my old ak300 and ak90 and add bmw to my avdi licences on the next promotion along with some new upgrades and vw vn licences , but i have to admit that im having doubts after reading another thread and recent events , and openly admit that i am seriously tempted by the vvdi 2 unit as get bmw that has good reviews and also get full vag as well at a fraction of the cost of buying bmw licences and updating my vag to all new vn licences . i have always had faith in abrites and tried to stay loyal to them as a supplier keeping my avdi licences bang up to date , following the rules and buying from my distributor and having their support plan and ams each year , but i have to admit my loyalties and faith have been tested recently making vvdi 2 a real possibility and attractive prospect.

support is just another of many recent issues , vag functions that worked no longer working since licences jiggled again , some mitsi functions failing , the db issues , the suburu issues , long standing bugs still unresolved, the list is growing almost by the day , yet i still like the abrites product and dont want to be forced in a different direction , are we unreasonable to be upset at recent events ?
im hoping all functions that are failing have had log files sent and being worked upon , some announcement or advice from alekn would be welcome .

if buy farming support out to kap will streamline and improve this and allow for much more development and bug fixing , then announce this and im sure many will understand , rather than just implement it without explanation and reason , again clarity and openness is lacking.

so im in the unfortunate position of do i trust in abrites and buy at next promotion , do i hang on to my money and wait and see if issues get resolved in comming months or do i buy vvdi 2 and start investing in alternative lower cost options , its a situation im not comfortable with and never thought i would be in as always been pro avdi .

whiskeyman
18th February, 2017, 08:24 PM
well said rapid

i too few years back would have said this was no1 tool
dont get me wrong its still good

but with the way its been handled recently (from what i can see after miro left)

its went way down hill

obdsystems
19th February, 2017, 12:17 AM
maybe 'obdmaster' is reading thread and can pass criticism on to powers that be :chuncky:

Atex31
20th February, 2017, 10:07 PM

Had confirmation from KAP that the EDC17 issue is resolved with VAG 28.2. I'll check it out tomorrow but sounds like good news.

keysmith
20th February, 2017, 11:02 PM
Those low sale prices for new customers are the same tactics a drug dealer uses. Get them to try it for cheap and get them hooked. Then you have a repeat customer locked in and you can charge what ever you want. :biggrin:

lpf01
20th February, 2017, 11:21 PM
Those low sale prices for new customers are the same tactics a drug dealer uses. Get them to try it for cheap and get them hooked. Then you have a repeat customer locked in and you can charge what ever you want. :biggrin:

I just have a conversation with Supervag company about same problem of mine.
They want to pay yearly 160eur for updates ( AMS for abrites is around 200 if i remember), and if you left one year, pay 400 for restart subscription....
Last year they came up with some bugfix and the transponder precode in ignition but i did not seen any pretty awesome stuff what i want to spend 160.... and the tool still cost the same.
So in my opinion, old users test their tool, report bugs and for the fix we pay the money, new users get it for free and smiles like a child in the candy shop... :/

autoTkey
21st February, 2017, 01:31 PM
Better use those money to buy an alternative tool than spent them on support plans and more functions. This way you get 1 more alternative instead of waiting for help from support which isn't gonna come.

rapidlocksmiths
21st February, 2017, 02:04 PM
support is still available , but to get it you must have a support plan from kap . in fairness ive never had an issue with support from kap as always been with them as my uk distributor , though havnt needed to use it often , but when i did i had no issues.

if by farming out the support functions it means more time spent on bug fixing and new development then as long as we see the benefit of this then it may work out for us all. it comes down to whether we see more benefit from this decision or not, only time will tell .

obdsystems
21st February, 2017, 11:10 PM
When my avdi went wrong, it was repaired in 2 days for ?90.
excellent service direct from Abrites.

Yet people in UK are paying for extra KAP cover i think for repair. Seems daft and it seems they think so to now.
Wonder how this will play out - cos expensive kit. Not prepared to join any KAP crap!!

As for support, well i get that from friends