PDA

View Full Version : Dream DM800S clone, ?168 Delivered

Pages : [1] 2

cauliflower69
28th September, 2009, 12:50 PM
Taken from a different forum

Hi guys,

Just thought I would let you all know about my experience buying a DM800S direct from the manufacturer in China. I ordered 2x Dream DM800HD (Sat version) with bootloader72 and Gemini 4.4 installed for $530 (?168 each!!!). The boxes come with an internal heatsink and fan, and utilise an Alps tuner. I also paid by PayPal (not gift, so I had some protection).

The boxes have arrived by DHL in just 3 days (tracking number supplied). He marked the parcel as a Birthday present with a $50 value, so no VAT or import taxes ;-)

This is the guy I emailed/dealt with:
Tony Zhou,

And when I paid, he wanted me to PayPal to this address:

The person that posted this is a stand up guy so i know he aint bullcrapping

Curious123
28th September, 2009, 04:30 PM
I have been following a thread on one of the other forum and there were lots of people having problems with their tuners especially on S*y HD channels. Let us know how get on with your boxes.

cauliflower69
28th September, 2009, 04:46 PM
I ordered the one to see so I will let you know

waqasahmed
28th September, 2009, 04:54 PM
It would be nice to see a proper review of these receivers. Also can you get a cable tuner added? and is/are the tuner/s plug and play?

cauliflower69
28th September, 2009, 05:00 PM
I know you can buy them as Cable units

waqasahmed
28th September, 2009, 05:04 PM
I do know you can buy them as cable units, but it would be nice if you could get a plug and play receiver where you can add a cable tuner as well(future proofing :D)

cauliflower69
28th September, 2009, 05:05 PM
like the 8000, yeah would be great

cauliflower69
28th September, 2009, 05:06 PM
On the specs sheet it says plug and play tuner

Sicilian
28th September, 2009, 05:22 PM
Personally i'd rather pay extra & buy them from from a seller in the uk such as linuxsat, least if u have an issue they're in the uk and have a shop.

cauliflower69
28th September, 2009, 05:27 PM
Yeah thats true i suppose.

osborne82
28th September, 2009, 05:35 PM
Personally i'd rather pay extra & buy them from from a seller in the uk such as linuxsat, least if u have an issue they're in the uk and have a shop.

bought mine from my good friend linuxsat and not had one spot of bother with it all hd channels working fine bootloader 72, it has fan too and was bargan price he does nextday delivery (but got mine same day as ordered lol) all in all very happy, choice between china and uk id always choose uk :) no silly return costs involved ;) if owt went wrong

cheers
osborne82

waqasahmed
28th September, 2009, 09:26 PM
Ive been looking and I believe the person you're talking about is ruddyrum? If so, hes on about ordering a "sample" unit and the price is an awkward ?168 because the currency of business is in USD :D

dctyper
28th September, 2009, 09:42 PM
im deffo interested in feedback on one of these boxes

tvadict
28th September, 2009, 09:48 PM
People are having problems with dreambox clones from china. Sky uk, sky italia and sky germany HD channels freeze constantly all the time. It all points to weak tuners

waqasahmed
28th September, 2009, 09:51 PM
Maybe in the future we will get some stronger tuners? :D

Curious123
28th September, 2009, 10:02 PM
Maybe in the future we will get some stronger tuners? :D

I think the debate is still going on wether the tuners are at fault or the boxes. Once someone swaps out their tuner we will know whats at fault.

DJSimo
29th September, 2009, 01:03 PM
Mine arrived today, I paid ?215 including delivery to UK.

Just setting it up as we speak, loading a new image to it though as I dont trust Gemini image.

Will let you know later how it goes.

cauliflower69
29th September, 2009, 01:44 PM
there seems to be a fix out for the weak tuner issue in the latest hacked images.

DJSimo
29th September, 2009, 03:31 PM
Mine is coming close to being thrown out of window and then drove over and hit with a sledge hammer just to make sure lol

loncell
29th September, 2009, 04:07 PM
Mine is coming close to being thrown out of window and then drove over and hit with a sledge hammer just to make sure lol

so what's the actual problems your having ?.

DJSimo
29th September, 2009, 05:31 PM
so what's the actual problems your having ?.

Nothing to major just finding my way round the box software,
I tried flashing latest Pli image but got the no ca found error, turned out to be bootloader problem & mine is the later 1 with 72 bootloader.

I can confirm I am getting the problems with break up on S*k HD UK, all other HD channels seem fine.

S*y 1HD is working fine but cant seem to get rid of black lines either side of picture, have tried all the different settings in Pli image.

I will persevere and might tey getting it to multiboot to try other images.

dctyper
29th September, 2009, 05:43 PM
good post dj, im well interested. do you use a signal booster?

cauliflower69
29th September, 2009, 06:01 PM
use nabilo pli jade enigma 2 is crap

waqasahmed
29th September, 2009, 06:01 PM
I suppose if you need a signal booster, then I dont see any harm in buying one as long as they dont have the overheating issue any more.

DJSimo
29th September, 2009, 06:12 PM
I suppose if you need a signal booster, then I dont see any harm in buying one as long as they dont have the overheating issue any more.

Will try a different image first, if not will give signal booster a go.
It seems to run cooler than my Openmedia, it has got a heatsink and fan on cpu.

waqasahmed
29th September, 2009, 06:15 PM
Even with a signal booster, the price for a HD Dreambox clone seems very reasonable :D

DJSimo
29th September, 2009, 06:17 PM
Even with a signal booster, the price for a HD Dreambox clone seems very reasonable :D

Yes and had to find a power lead as it came with a 2pin plug one, and a network lead but even adding these costs on it is still a good price and if you can get it for the price quoted early in this post even better

waqasahmed
29th September, 2009, 06:23 PM
I myself would wait it out when the dollar is slightly weaker-have a look at yahoo finance. Its how I decide when to buy a computer part from a wholesaler seeing as their prices fluctuate according to the dollar :D As I said, the dollar is the currency of business in most countries(including us)

westkill
29th September, 2009, 06:26 PM
put one of these on it :)
Euro Convertor : Plugs : Maplin (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?moduleno=19246)

pacman362
29th September, 2009, 06:33 PM
I always use Nabilo images on my 800 as these seem to be the most stable for me !

cauliflower69
29th September, 2009, 08:07 PM

What do you mean when you say booster ?

If you mean an inline amplifier they dont increase the signal quality. They are only used on long runs of cable.

waqasahmed
29th September, 2009, 08:42 PM
I would have thought that a booster like this eBay item:270434683558 would improve the signal levels. Also, on long runs of cable, I presume you mean ethernet after 100m?-They use repeaters which are essentially signal boosters but not CATV Amplifiers, besides we're not using ethernet here, so sorry for going off on a tangent :D

cauliflower69
29th September, 2009, 09:14 PM
Cable TV/CATV Signal Booster/Amplifier for NTL Eurovox

The proof is in the Title nowhere does it state Satellite. I was talking about co-ax cable. If you have a long run of cable lets say 50 metres the loss on the cable is alot so half way down the line you place an inline amplifier to compensate for the loss

like this

h**p://www.smarthome.com/7748/20-dB-In-Line-950-2150-Mhz-Amplifier/p.aspx

If you want a better signal use better cable, low noise lnb and a bigger dish.

Or tweak your own dish

waqasahmed
29th September, 2009, 09:17 PM
Sorry, I drummed it into my head that I would get the DM 800C so started talking about cable :D

cauliflower69
29th September, 2009, 09:22 PM
No problems m8

DJSimo
29th September, 2009, 09:43 PM
I always use Nabilo images on my 800 as these seem to be the most stable for me !

I am going to try that 1 tomorrow, although have to say Ive just watched the Arsenal game on S*y Sports HD3 no problems, but Nat GeoHD and Disney Cinemagic HD break up badly.

DJSimo
30th September, 2009, 11:17 AM
Okay to update, I have flashed box with Nabilosat image and seem to solve the weak signal problem I was getting before on S*Y UK channels, but next problem is I cant get dish to move with this image, was working fine in Pli and also on Openmedia Box running Pli.

I also tried flashing latest images from Pli and Nabilo and then flashing bootloader 72 back to box, but when image starts it says Hardware cannot be verified contact Dream multimedia, (LOL yes of course I will,,, NOT)

Back to patched images to try again!!!:banghead:

cauliflower69
30th September, 2009, 11:35 AM
Use a patched nabilo image

DJSimo
30th September, 2009, 11:47 AM
Use a patched nabilo image
That was what I tried earlier this morning, it solved the weak tuner problem but then created the problem of dish not moving....

I am going to try and see if i can get Barry Allen to work so I can more easily change between images till I find one that I can setup to my liking......

.: JaCkPoT :.
30th September, 2009, 11:58 AM
i can get good quality Dreambox800HD clone from china
contact with my friend ,he is a boss factory made dreambox clone
e-mail : ****REMOVED BY DK ADMIN****

You had a similar post removed mate, if you want to advertise then get in touch with a admin.

DJSimo
30th September, 2009, 01:47 PM
I give up I cant seem to install Barry Allen for Multiboot!!!

Will just stick to Gemini image for now seems most stable as long as I dont update it !

pacman362
30th September, 2009, 03:49 PM
That was what I tried earlier this morning, it solved the weak tuner problem but then created the problem of dish not moving....

I am going to try and see if i can get Barry Allen to work so I can more easily change between images till I find one that I can setup to my liking......

That sounds like a power problem then ! if you cant get the dish moving because im using the latest Nabilosat (and most of the older ones in the past) and have never had any problems moving my 1.1mtr HH dish and motor ? (my 800 is an original though).

Try mesuring the voltage coming from the tuner when moving sats then check the specs for an original 800 online and compare the results.

Curious123
30th September, 2009, 04:02 PM
I think I read somewhere that if you change your box you need to reset your motor. Try sending it to 1W with your old box and then do reset on the motor with the paper clip and then connect your dm800.

pacman362
30th September, 2009, 04:11 PM
I think I read somewhere that if you change your box you need to reset your motor. Try sending it to 1W with your old box and then do reset on the motor with the paper clip and then connect your dm800.

You should be able to re'set the motor via the sat box ! don't know about paper clips ? never had to re'set mine when changing boxes though, good idea to start @ 1w though and use Usals.

DJSimo
30th September, 2009, 04:48 PM
You should be able to re'set the motor via the sat box ! don't know about paper clips ? never had to re'set mine when changing boxes though, good idea to start @ 1w though and use Usals.

Thanks for the ideas, however I finally managed to get a Nabilo Pure Flash with Barry Allen installed and can now multiboot the latest images without bootloader problem, & so far Nabilo Blackhole image is moving the dish fine with USALS

Its taking a while but Im finally getting somewhere!!!:dancing2:

cauliflower69
30th September, 2009, 04:52 PM
Just received my clone and its a1. It is a tad lower on some channels but no problems.

Same as my original 800 ;)

thered
30th September, 2009, 06:09 PM
Just received my clone and its a1. It is a tad lower on some channels but no problems.

nice one m8 keep us posted if you have any problems i wouldnt mind one meself when i get some cash

dctyper
30th September, 2009, 07:12 PM
yeh man, im gunna buy one. wheres those details

james haverklap
30th September, 2009, 07:43 PM

Yes you are right

Evilbert
30th September, 2009, 08:40 PM

How long did it take to arrive? Extremely interested in this, but it just seems to good to be true.

DJSimo
30th September, 2009, 08:44 PM
How long did it take to arrive? Extremely interested in this, but it just seems to good to be true.

Mine took 3 days to arrive From Honk Kong via DHL
Tracked all the way!!

Curious123
30th September, 2009, 08:44 PM

Does this mean you have no tuner issues unlike some of the people who brought the same box from the same seller?

Evilbert
30th September, 2009, 08:46 PM
Mine took 3 days to arrive From Honk Kong via DHL
Tracked all the way!!

Excuse my stupidity, but do I just email the fella's address on the front page, or is there a website i need to go to?

DJSimo
30th September, 2009, 08:47 PM
Excuse my stupidity, but do I just email the fella's address on the front page, or is there a website i need to go to?

You can email the guy at beginning of this post or look at your PM

DJSimo
30th September, 2009, 08:51 PM
Does this mean you have no tuner issues unlike some of the people who brought the same box from the same seller?

Tuner issue with mine turned out to be software based not hardware.

Newer images cure problem.

westkill
30th September, 2009, 08:54 PM
Tuner issue with mine turned out to be software based not hardware.

Newer images cure problem.

this happend to me in the past on an original box as well on certain images
it just showed a weak signal but wasnt :)

cauliflower69
30th September, 2009, 09:47 PM
You are better off sorting it from the UK pay the extra 40 quid or so and you'll have a local supplier

pacman362
30th September, 2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the ideas, however I finally managed to get a Nabilo Pure Flash with Barry Allen installed and can now multiboot the latest images without bootloader problem, & so far Nabilo Blackhole image is moving the dish fine with USALS

Its taking a while but Im finally getting somewhere!!!:dancing2:

Thats good to hear :D

tvmad22
2nd October, 2009, 11:38 PM
Anyone had any problems with remotes for these clones, got one last week it seems a little off compared to the 500

waqasahmed
2nd October, 2009, 11:49 PM
UK supplier for ?40 extra?

unlocked
5th October, 2009, 01:46 PM
Hello everybody;

I'm new here, I just want to share with you my experience following yours messages : I ordered and paid today by paypal a DM800 cable unit (DVB-C) to this guy Tony Zhou, it seems to be ok, it costed me 271 USD (190 ?) delivered to France.
The others : Nextbay 280 USD shipping included but paypal will charge 4.5% tax of total; Vince (from szbct.com) told me 220 USD without shipping, and DVBKEY (dvbkey.com) told me 270 shipping included but only the DVB-S version (with an extra DVB-C tuner as a gift but I was supposed to install it myself). The main reason I refused his offer : he doesn't accept paypal...
Well , hope I made the good choice, I will let you know how's working on the French Cable.

Best regards,
Alex

Hi guys,

Just thought I would let you all know about my experience buying a DM800S direct from the manufacturer in China. I ordered 2x Dream DM800HD (Sat version) with bootloader72 and Gemini 4.4 installed for $530 (?168 each!!!). The boxes come with an internal heatsink and fan, and utilise an Alps tuner. I also paid by PayPal (not gift, so I had some protection).

The boxes have arrived by DHL in just 3 days (tracking number supplied). He marked the parcel as a Birthday present with a $50 value, so no VAT or import taxes ;-)

Tony Zhou, yaoxincn02@yahoo.com

tina00_star@hotmail.com

Corky
5th October, 2009, 07:18 PM
Does the new hacked/patched Barry Allen make the DM800HD Clone more desirable?

I dont really understand the multi boot just yet but as i'm interested in one now

satcat
6th October, 2009, 12:07 AM
got one of these recently from china..defo got a weak tuner.breaks up constantly on HD channels ie:SSP1..Discovery HD,,,etc. No problems on the SD channels ..Tried it on 13.0 East as well and was able to peak the SNR up abit..and all seemed fine there...back on Sly dish signal dropped down again and could not get it better than 86..on SNR..and pic breakup again was constant..sold it on now...would not recommend on this evidence..cheers satcat:thefinger:

on_the_jazz
6th October, 2009, 04:51 PM
Hello everybody;

I'm new here, I just want to share with you my experience following yours messages : I ordered and paid today by paypal a DM800 cable unit (DVB-C) to this guy Tony Zhou, it seems to be ok, it costed me 271 USD (190 ?) delivered to France.
The others : Nextbay 280 USD shipping included but paypal will charge 4.5% tax of total; Vince (from szbct.com) told me 220 USD without shipping, and DVBKEY (dvbkey.com) told me 270 shipping included but only the DVB-S version (with an extra DVB-C tuner as a gift but I was supposed to install it myself). The main reason I refused his offer : he doesn't accept paypal...
Well , hope I made the good choice, I will let you know how's working on the French Cable.

Best regards,
Alex

Thanks for this info. I got quoted a similar price to the uk. Did you paypal a different email address too? I am still not sure if I want to buy but this seems a good price, I wonder if the dollar can get weaker :p

lorept
7th October, 2009, 09:24 AM
Hello all,

will be nice to put here same links or info from were we can play clones from china or GB or in different location and maybe same prices for all of us to chose the best relation, price-quality.

Thanks

Curious123
7th October, 2009, 10:39 AM
got one of these recently from china..defo got a weak tuner.breaks up constantly on HD channels ie:SSP1..Discovery HD,,,etc. No problems on the SD channels ..Tried it on 13.0 East as well and was able to peak the SNR up abit..and all seemed fine there...back on Sly dish signal dropped down again and could not get it better than 86..on SNR..and pic breakup again was constant..sold it on now...would not recommend on this evidence..cheers satcat:thefinger:

I am having a few problems with my dm600 clone so i was thinking about upgrading to a dm800 clone. I see that you have an issue with some S*y HD channels but since I do not have a HD tv it may seem irrelevant at the moment but do all the other channels work?

unlocked
7th October, 2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks for this info. I got quoted a similar price to the uk. Did you paypal a different email address too? I am still not sure if I want to buy but this seems a good price, I wonder if the dollar can get weaker :p

Yes, paypal to a different address ... But it's the same as the first post on this thread and also the contact address on their website, so I don't worry. About the dollar ... The trend is the GBP getting weaker today I think, but nothing really significant at this level of price... :) So the right question is : should I pay a little more and buy an original one or the clone will be good enough? I will tell you more when my receiver will be here.

By the way ; the best price I found for an original DM800 HD (DVB-C) was here (http://fr.buchmann.ch/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=8253&ad=Toppreise) , in Switzerland .
1 x Dreambox DM 800C HDTV () = ?360.54
------------------------------------------------------
Zwischensumme: ?360.54
PaketPost (Priority): ?37.41
- 7.6% MwSt.: ?-30.24
Summe: ?367.71

But I guess you should pay the VAT in your country... And you have to pay by Bank Transfer !

satkr
7th October, 2009, 04:50 PM
Hello everybody;

Best regards,
Alex
hi
i buy it from dvbkey(dvbkey.com). they says it's china national day holiday, i use T/T in bank sent money to them,i get the package today, it's good ,( i buy a dreambox 800HD +turner gift +dreambox500S). the turner in dreambox 800HD is remove able, don't worry, you can install the turner by yourself,
i usually buy it from them good quality, i'm a reseller in south korea.

don't buy very CHeap price dreambox 800HD clone, the SIM card is old version can not update!!! i visit some factory in china, some "CHeap" dreambox 800HD very bad, so not buy Very Cheap price box !!!!

mtv1
7th October, 2009, 05:10 PM
ya but why do i get this message on dvbkey.com Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
The website at dvbkey.com contains elements from the site report2.itsun.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for report2.itsun.com.

Bonesy
8th October, 2009, 01:25 PM
hi
i buy it from dvbkey(dvbkey.com). they says it's china national day holiday, i use T/T in bank sent money to them,i get the package today, it's good ,( i buy a dreambox 800HD +turner gift +dreambox500S). the turner in dreambox 800HD is remove able, don't worry, you can install the turner by yourself,
i usually buy it from them good quality, i'm a reseller in south korea.

don't buy very CHeap price dreambox 800HD clone, the SIM card is old version can not update!!! i visit some factory in china, some "CHeap" dreambox 800HD very bad, so not buy Very Cheap price box !!!!

why is this forum being invested with newbies, all looking to sell their dreamboxs to us.

waqasahmed
8th October, 2009, 08:59 PM
to get at downloads?

unlocked
9th October, 2009, 09:17 AM
ya but why do i get this message on dvbkey.com Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
The website at dvbkey.com contains elements from the site report2.itsun.com, which appears to host malware ? software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for report2.itsun.com.

Hello everybody,

I think the user satkr is dvbkey himself making some advertising ;) I recognise his way to say "turner" instead of "tuner" (I have 2 emails from him) ... :) It might be helpfull to have somebody serious here who can testify about his shop. Anyhow, to answer to Bonesy, I'm a newbie here but I still think it can help having prices and addresses for ordering, that's why I'm very gratefull to cauliflower69 who posted the thread.

Well, about my order : I have received my clone DM800 DVB C (BL72); very satisfied, no taxes, 3 days by DHL... Everything working well on it (i changed the Gemini image to a Nabilo one).
Only 2 problems, one not important : very noisy fan!! I will deconnect it. But the other problem is very disturbing - maybe you can help me :
I have to TV Sets : A new full HD 23" LCD Samsung (2370) in the bedroom , and an "old" HD Ready plasma LG 42X4R (or something like that) in the livingroom. The image is perfect on the LCD, but I can not display correctly on the plasma others resolutions than 520 (image is flashing, it's very very bad) ! I tried in 50 and 60 Hz, nothing changes... :( This happends with all images (Pli, Nabilo, Gemini) so I'm very dissapointed.
Should I try to update the last drivers ss75 released few days ago (they are talking about fixing stuttering video with enabled deinterlacer (i.e. N24 ticker) ) ; using the method "DM_800_clone_full_pack_anti_tuner_fail_+cardreader" ? Should I use a Scart - YUV to obtain at least 720?
Is there somebody else who found a solution?

Thank you for your help and please forgive my bad english !
Alex

on_the_jazz
9th October, 2009, 07:17 PM
Hello everybody,

I think the user satkr is dvbkey himself making some advertising ;) I recognise his way to say "turner" instead of "tuner" (I have 2 emails from him) ... :) It might be helpfull to have somebody serious here who can testify about his shop. Anyhow, to answer to Bonesy, I'm a newbie here but I still think it can help having prices and addresses for ordering, that's why I'm very gratefull to cauliflower69 who posted the thread.

Well, about my order : I have received my clone DM800 DVB C (BL72); very satisfied, no taxes, 3 days by DHL... Everything working well on it (i changed the Gemini image to a Nabilo one).
Only 2 problems, one not important : very noisy fan!! I will deconnect it. But the other problem is very disturbing - maybe you can help me :
I have to TV Sets : A new full HD 23" LCD Samsung (2370) in the bedroom , and an "old" HD Ready plasma LG 42X4R (or something like that) in the livingroom. The image is perfect on the LCD, but I can not display correctly on the plasma others resolutions than 520 (image is flashing, it's very very bad) ! I tried in 50 and 60 Hz, nothing changes... :( This happends with all images (Pli, Nabilo, Gemini) so I'm very dissapointed.
Should I try to update the last drivers ss75 released few days ago (they are talking about fixing stuttering video with enabled deinterlacer (i.e. N24 ticker) ) ; using the method "DM_800_clone_full_pack_anti_tuner_fail_+cardreader" ? Should I use a Scart - YUV to obtain at least 720?
Is there somebody else who found a solution?

Thank you for your help and please forgive my bad english !
Alex

Great news that you got your box so soon.
I looked up the LG 42X4R and I see that it has no hdmi socket. How are you connecting the DM800? Component or scart?
I thought the fan is required because people say the DM800 gets hot enough to cook an egg lol.

edit: Ok I forgot the DM800 has dvi output, so you are connecting with dvi?

unlocked
9th October, 2009, 09:07 PM
Great news that you got your box so soon.
I looked up the LG 42X4R and I see that it has no hdmi socket. How are you connecting the DM800? Component or scart?
I thought the fan is required because people say the DM800 gets hot enough to cook an egg lol.

edit: Ok I forgot the DM800 has dvi output, so you are connecting with dvi?

thank you so much for trying to help me ! The LG 42X4R has a HDMI socket, and I'm using it without any problem with other devices (DVD PLAYER , XBOX 360...): "Connectique du t?l?viseur Plasma LG 42PX4R
Entr?es Vid?o : VGA • HDMI • P?ritel (x3) • YUV • S-Vid?o (x2) • Composite (x2)"

So, what could be my problem? Bad cable? Should I try to buy another one? :(

The fan is requiered but until I ll get one silent, I just can t let it connect !! :)

Thanks

on_the_jazz
9th October, 2009, 10:17 PM
Hmm if the cable works with the lcd then I don't think its the cable.
The spec for your tv says:

Video format input 480p (via Component socket) , 1080i (via Component) , 480i (via connectors Component) , 720p (via connectors Component) , 576i (via socket Component) , 576p (via socket Component)

I wonder why there is nothing written for hdmi. Have you tried your xbox through hdmi at 720P or 1080i? Or anything through hdmi at this resolution?

unlocked
9th October, 2009, 11:01 PM
YES I tried without any problem, everything's OK with other devices...
Tomorrow I will buy a SCART - YUV adapter (or better DVI- YUV? it exists? It works on the DM?), with my Samsung HD950 DVD Player (cracked by telco code) the image on the plasma through the YUV is almost as good as by HDMI (just upscaled but pretty!)... I bought the DM800 for the HD channels, I really want to obtain that ;). What about the scart switch on it, is it delivering a real component signal if I choose YPbPr on settings?

on_the_jazz
9th October, 2009, 11:29 PM
Yes, try a dvi to component cable for sure (if it does not work you can always return it). The problem is I do not know if the dm800 supports dvi-i. If it is dvi-d then the cable type below will not work.

Hama DVI-I to 3 RCA RGB YUV Component Plugs Adapter Cable Lead [ 00056446 ] - kenable for HDMI Optical TOS Network Ethernet RJ45 Scart Audio Phono Jack USB Firewire 800 ADSL Cable Leads (http://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1670)

If it does work then maybe the hdmi on your tv is very strict with the signal it accepts (my old hd dlp tv is like this).

dctyper
20th October, 2009, 06:55 PM

Hi guys,

Tony Zhou, yaoxincn02@yahoo.com

tina00_star@hotmail.com

can someone confirm that they have bought from this person and the box is working, im going to place my order

modey
20th October, 2009, 07:38 PM
for those who are having problems with some hd channels on these clones, ie discovey channel 4 sky sports 1 get your sefl an inline amplifier, ?3 off ebay, sorted the problem for me and a lot of others on another forum

dctyper
20th October, 2009, 09:17 PM
so you bought a clone and its ok?

modey
20th October, 2009, 09:27 PM
so you bought a clone and its ok?

my clone is fine on a fixd dishes, had problems setting it up using usals so i just use it on 28e and 13e

Hd channels are brillaint

dctyper
20th October, 2009, 09:41 PM
cool, im ordering it tomorrow.

does anyone have it working with a motorised dish

DJSimo
20th October, 2009, 09:49 PM
cool, im ordering it tomorrow.

does anyone have it working with a motorised dish

My clone DM800 is working fine on motorized dish from 45E to 43W

Had to manually tweak dish settings on some sats but no probs moving dish.

satkr
21st October, 2009, 06:37 AM
i buy 10 pcs Dreambox 800HD clone from 500s.us after pay use paypal. they sent the package ,
that's very good quality ,the bootloader 74, running Gemini 4.4 , it have good price ,they use DHL sent the package it's very fast

DJSimo
21st October, 2009, 07:52 AM
i buy 10 pcs Dreambox 800HD clone from 500s.us after pay use paypal. they sent the package ,
that's very good quality ,the bootloader 74, running Gemini 4.4 , it have good price ,they use DHL sent the package it's very fast

DHL will send you an invoice a week after delivery charging V.A.T if you are in UK, they did with me but as I only ordered 1 it only cost ?6:72 as they put value on pack as $60 usd.

Letter said, DHL pay the vat or import duty to stop delay of the parcel but then bill the delivery address!!

dctyper
21st October, 2009, 05:08 PM
i have ordered mine today. asked for the cable version for the time being and will buy a sat tuner for later, tony is very helpful. i will keep you guys posted

modey
21st October, 2009, 06:01 PM
My clone DM800 is working fine on motorized dish from 45E to 43W

Had to manually tweak dish settings on some sats but no probs moving dish.

how exactly did yiu set it up as i'm having problems using usals with mine

DJSimo
21st October, 2009, 08:56 PM
how exactly did yiu set it up as i'm having problems using usals with mine

Just used Usals in simple configuration, entered my Longitude & Latitude and then scanned all strong sats.

To tweak went into positioner setup and manually moved dish and then stored position for satellites.

As long as your dish is setup correctly, it should find all sats!!

d00k69
23rd October, 2009, 09:59 PM
just a heads up guys, ive had quite a few of these clones from china, going back from sept 08 to last week, and i can say for the money they are great and from the original dm800 i have they are better in many ways. The only downside is that every one Di*covery HD and Di*ney HD constantly glitch. This is with different bootladers and images and does seem to be a tuner issue. That aside all other HD chans come thru fine and definitely better vfm that an original.
Also there are about 6 different companies selling these but all get fabricated in same factory, so no one seller is better than the other. Hope this helps.

waqasahmed
23rd October, 2009, 10:05 PM
People at other forums say to stop the glitching, simply attach a satellite inline amplifier. Solves quite a lot of people's problems

dctyper
23rd October, 2009, 10:42 PM
just a heads up guys, ive had quite a few of these clones from china, going back from sept 08 to last week, and i can say for the money they are great and from the original dm800 i have they are better in many ways. The only downside is that every one Di*covery HD and Di*ney HD constantly glitch. This is with different bootladers and images and does seem to be a tuner issue. That aside all other HD chans come thru fine and definitely better vfm that an original.
Also there are about 6 different companies selling these but all get fabricated in same factory, so no one seller is better than the other. Hope this helps.

thanks mate, nice info. only interested in the sport tho lol

billy2
24th October, 2009, 10:48 AM
has anyone ever use or here of SuperSatShop ??? thay say there in the uk is this true ???

thanks

bigup
24th October, 2009, 12:01 PM
can confirm the inline amp from ebay works a treat :)

?3 delivered.

blue boy
24th October, 2009, 05:42 PM
Just about to order from this guy, I emailed him regarding the boot loader problem and he says that with the latest version bt 75 the results are perfect and very stable. Can anyone confirm this?
Cost delivered is $265.5 (?175)

Also it comes with Gemini image, is it best to change this to Nabilosat Black Hole? does it come with pre loaded bouquets with Gemini image?

Thanks

on_the_jazz
24th October, 2009, 07:19 PM
Just about to order from this guy, I emailed him regarding the boot loader problem and he says that with the latest version bt 75 the results are perfect and very stable. Can anyone confirm this?
Cost delivered is $265.5 (?175)

Also it comes with Gemini image, is it best to change this to Nabilosat Black Hole? does it come with pre loaded bouquets with Gemini image?

Thanks

Well I paid $270 so its gone down, but then again with the conversion back then it worked out at about ?170.
I flashed a few images but came back to Gemini 4.4. No pre-lodaded bouquets. Try a few images and see what you like.

billy2
24th October, 2009, 10:23 PM
guys is there a site to go to ????

blue boy
25th October, 2009, 02:30 AM
The name of the company is YaoXin International trading

billy2
25th October, 2009, 02:43 AM
i see there selling the 500hd anyone got 1 yet ???

satkr
25th October, 2009, 10:14 AM
i see there selling the 500hd anyone got 1 yet ???
hi
as i know have not dm500HD clone at the moment
i usually buy dreambox500S and dreambox800HD from 500s.us
it's a manufacture in china. the quality very good, because i import the box over 3 years :ciao:

Espat
25th October, 2009, 09:02 PM
can someone confirm that they have bought from this person and the box is working, im going to place my order

I confirming, that Yao Xin company is correct. I bought a DM800HD-S for 267 USD (178 € at this time) on 19.-th oct., and 23-d oct arrived to Slovakia. My trade manager was Tina Zhang (she and Tony Zhou are collegues). I have archived all communication via alibabas chat, and I have archived the DHL tracking.
The DM800 is very good, stable. Only second day I playing with the sat, but seem will be OK. The fan is noisy, I replaced it with 8 cm PC fan, mounted on top of the receiver.

blue boy
26th October, 2009, 02:02 PM
Going to order the 800hd later today from this company, I have a few questions if anyone can help.

When doing a transponder scan is it the box or the image or a combination of both that picks up the hd channels? I am used to DM 500s and have Nabilosat Darkstar image, when I do a rescan it picks up the hd channels of say Sky Italia but not Canal Nordic or Sky Uk, will the 800hd automatically find the hd channels. I have a
Fracarro Penta 85 motorised system so reception is not a problem.

The 800hd comes with pre loaded Gemini 4.4 image, should I keep this or change to Nabilosat Black hole?

dctyper
26th October, 2009, 02:13 PM
mine has just arrived, gunna have a go getting it on cable now

Tyger
29th October, 2009, 06:36 PM
Just ordered my DM800HD Clone from DVBKey for ?140 odd UK pounds. Also bought an inline amp from eBay, and will now try to source a good (but not too dear) DiSEqC motor to refit my 1m dish (glad I kept it)... It's for Xmas, so once I finished setting it up/playing with it, I've gotta give it back to the missus (I mean my dear wife) to pack....

dctyper
29th October, 2009, 07:53 PM
ive bought 3 of these boxes from tony over the last week, all perfect. dvbkey charge 175 for there boxes mate???

Tyger
29th October, 2009, 08:33 PM
Actually $280, but if you go to the bottom right of the site, it allows you to choose currency, and it works out at
?140.84 :-) This is the DM800HDS

(I hope it's right, that's what I PayPalled him... :-) www.500s.us the site I was taken to after typing dvbkey.com

30th October, 2009, 05:44 AM
Is it worth the money then guys? Im after hd, Im waiting for tm600hd Linux or might get az But if this works better then worth my consideration.

dctyper
30th October, 2009, 08:25 AM
Actually $280, but if you go to the bottom right of the site, it allows you to choose currency, and it works out at
?140.84 :-) This is the DM800HDS

(I hope it's right, that's what I PayPalled him... :-) cheap sat, dreambox Manufacture,cardsharing account,Dreambox500,Dreambox800HD,card,DM600PVR,Ch ina,Dreambox clone,Dreambox OEM (http://www.500s.us) the site I was taken to after typing dvbkey.com

$280 / 1.50(exchange rate)=?176? you were lucky then lol

doesnt let you change from us doller now, you were lucky me thinks.

Tyger
30th October, 2009, 01:54 PM
$280 / 1.50(exchange rate)=?176? you were lucky then lol

doesnt let you change from us doller now, you were lucky me thinks.
Not so lucky :-(

Had an email explaining the error on website.

Am now re-submitting at $280US which with PayPal also incurs an $11.22 charge, bringing it to $291.22, which equates closer to ?176.13. :-) Still an excellent price. He also supplies a dedicated support forum too, which gives some piece of mind to clone users.

satkr
30th October, 2009, 03:39 PM
Not so lucky :-(

Had an email explaining the error on website.

Am now re-submitting at $280US which with PayPal also incurs an $11.22 charge, bringing it to $291.22, which equates closer to ?176.13. :-) Still an excellent price. He also supplies a dedicated support forum too, which gives some piece of mind to clone users.
yes
i think paypal not good now ,because they charge between seller and buyer, if you need Withdrawal it will be charge again.
now i use www.moneybookers.com (http://www.moneybookers.com) it's a UK company , it's same as paypal but more cheaper!

passatmani
2nd November, 2009, 01:51 PM
Hi everybody!

I am from Austria an i had order 5 DM800 from Linuxsat.

Is linuxsat a good seller, i am not sure, because he do not answer very fast or often. Messenger he is still not very often online.

Please can you tell me more about the shop?

THANKS, best regards from Austria, Mani

loncell
2nd November, 2009, 06:13 PM
Hi everybody!

I am from Austria an i had order 5 DM800 from Linuxsat.

Is linuxsat a good seller, i am not sure, because he do not answer very fast or often. Messenger he is still not very often online.

Please can you tell me more about the shop?

THANKS, best regards from Austria, Mani

dont worry m8 , the people at linuxsat are 100% genuine , you wont have a problem there.i dealt with them a number of times and you wont get them delivered quicker anywere in the UK.

tosh3
2nd November, 2009, 08:05 PM
I ordered an 800Hd from china, nut before doing so i asked them a cuouple of questions and the answers you all seem to look for are right here

1. For a clone you MUST use an gemini 4.4 image

2. with bootloader 75.

This is what they told me. But i dont understand the part "bootloader 75". Ive already got two dreamboxes sat and cable, but i have not come up with "bootloader 75"

Please someone explain what it is, as i have not needed this.....I dont think!!!!!! Confused.com LOL LOL LOL

tosh3
2nd November, 2009, 08:09 PM
if you look at the linuxsat website, it states it is an chinese version!!!!!!! So there making ?40 profit from the same people i and others have bought for ?165. !!!!!11

passatmani
3rd November, 2009, 06:09 AM
Hi!

Yes, it is cheaper from China, but the Austrian Duty is good, very often you have to pay the duty (in Austria +20% and then +2,5%!!!!). And maybe the duty see it as a plagiat and they crash them. So what is better! Shipping from the EU without risk or maybe 40 Pounds less for this highly risk? I decided for the EU Shipping!

Greets!

satkr
3rd November, 2009, 09:31 AM
if you look at the linuxsat website, it states it is an chinese version!!!!!!! So there making ?40 profit from the same people i and others have bought for ?165. !!!!!11
be careful buy something from other country, don't believe very cheap price, if you buyvery cheap price , usually you will be get very bad one , waste a lot of time and money:ciao:

satkr
3rd November, 2009, 09:32 AM
I ordered an 800Hd from china, nut before doing so i asked them a cuouple of questions and the answers you all seem to look for are right here

1. For a clone you MUST use an gemini 4.4 image

2. with bootloader 75.

This is what they told me. But i dont understand the part "bootloader 75". Ive already got two dreamboxes sat and cable, but i have not come up with "bootloader 75"

Please someone explain what it is, as i have not needed this.....I dont think!!!!!! Confused.com LOL LOL LOL

:ciao:hi
you can insall IMG such as PLI etc IMG
new version bootloader is 75

tosh3
3rd November, 2009, 05:04 PM
:ciao:hi
you can insall IMG such as PLI etc IMG
new version bootloader is 75

Still doesnt explain to me what the bootloader 75 is, and what to do with it?????????

waqasahmed
3rd November, 2009, 11:58 PM
bootloaders are basically drivers for your device lol. Me personally, Im waiting it out until a)I have more cash b)when I need to c/s seeing as though cable is worthless :D and c) once these are "near perfect" like the DM 500's and 600's

saayinla
4th November, 2009, 10:45 AM
Hi guys I tried to send payment to Tony and this is the message I got from paypal
"
tina00_star@yahoo.com

With the details you have submitted we are unable to confirm that the recipient has registered with us. PayPal will send an email to the recipient explaining how to complete your transaction.
"

ricmorgpreston
4th November, 2009, 10:59 AM
The address i sent mine to is:

tina00_star@hotmail.com

That is coming back as linked to YAOXIN ELECTRONICS (HK) LTD so i'm guessing that's the right one

saayinla
4th November, 2009, 11:01 AM
The address i sent mine to is:

tina00_star@hotmail.com

That is coming back as linked to YAOXIN ELECTRONICS (HK) LTD so i'm guessing that's the right one

Tony emailed me this morning, and ask me to send it to the yahoo one.

ricmorgpreston
4th November, 2009, 11:05 AM
Fair enough, i did deal with Tina so maybe they are using different email addresses now ?

saayinla
4th November, 2009, 11:58 AM
The guy was apparently having a long day, he finally confirmed the the right one is the hotmail one. after about 3 mails.

joy123
4th November, 2009, 12:57 PM
hi everybody, i bought one from china(dvbseller.com) 800hd with #72 bl, come gemini with it. i flushed patched nobilo blackhole v11 for #72 bootloader through webpege, after a deep sleep no light on front and only light on is back of the box where ethernate socket. how can i flash it again? i tried to ping, no luck. tried with crossover and network cable with dreamup, cant talk to the box, now bought null cable, that will be my last try, do you have any solution guys?

dedalos
4th November, 2009, 01:51 PM
I bought mine from YAOXIN ELECTRONICS through Tony , he gave me Tina?s e-mail to send the money (paypal) and 4 days later , yesterday, I received the box (Greece) . until there I was very happy , i?ll start the tests from tonight

regards

dctyper
4th November, 2009, 06:09 PM
hi everybody, i bought one from china(dvbseller.com) 800hd with #72 bl, come gemini with it. i flushed patched nobilo blackhole v11 for #72 bootloader through webpege, after a deep sleep no light on front and only light on is back of the box where ethernate socket. how can i flash it again? i tried to ping, no luck. tried with crossover and network cable with dreamup, cant talk to the box, now bought null cable, that will be my last try, do you have any solution guys?

you need to push the power button in as you put the power lead back in after a deep standby

joe6915
4th November, 2009, 07:37 PM
I purchased from Tony with bootloader 75 but when i put on latest nabilosat image on it did not work.I had to reflash with bootloader 72.I have attached programs to flash again.

Hope this helps someone out

joy123
4th November, 2009, 08:30 PM
you need to push the power button in as you put the power lead back in after a deep standby

light flush for 1 sec and then black like dead!! any idea?

hodgey99
6th November, 2009, 06:43 PM
light flush for 1 sec and then black like dead!! any idea?
its dead m8 send it back i had the same problem and the guy from nxtbay exchanged 4 me

joy123
6th November, 2009, 09:38 PM
hello everybody, first of all thanks everybody who tried to help me, i send my dreambox away, but i found a tools that helps to all the dead clone box like mine to fix (even they cant connect to dreamup!! it was too late for me, so i couldn't try, but i know few people tried and get successs...

DM800 Clone Serial Flash Enforcer

'' DM800 Clone Serial Flash Enforcer
Made by and inconjuction with the Clone manufacturers!

Use if DreamUp will not connect to your 800 Clone.
read pdf files inside. ''

here is two solution
No ca found by 2nd stage loader
This can be done in 2 ways.

1) You have to have a working dreambox.
2) DM800_repair, you alter dreamup to be able to use greyed buttons.
Now for the first sollution.
1) Connect working dreambox DM600/DM800.
2) Open dreamup, press connect.
3) When dreambox is found by dreamup, insert Null-Modem cable in
the broken dreambox.
4) Press flash button, and chose a firmware.
5) The flash progress will probably hang, its OK.
6) Open dreamup again, connect the broken box, press connect.
7) If all went ok, you can now flash box again, (Use only serial
communication)

Now for the second sollution
1) Connect broken dreambox DM600/DM800
3) When you see second loader error popup, just press ok.
4) Open http://www.gsmsweden.com/forhike/sat...stage_pack.rar (http://www.sat-universe.com/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gsmsweden.com% 2Fforhike%2Fsat%2Fdm800%2F2nd_stage_pack.rar)
5) Drag DM800_repair in front of dreamup, and press dream multimedia logo.
6) Now press the greyed Flash button, and chose firmware.
7) The flash progress will probably hang, its OK.
8) Open dreamup again, connect the broken box, press connect.
9) If all went ok, you can now flash box again, (Use only serial
communication)

am i allowed to send link for download soft?? if not please fell free to deletehttp://www.sat-universe.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

http://rapidshare.de/files/48504554/..._pack.rar.html (http://www.sat-universe.com/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Frapidshare.de%2Ffi les%2F48504554%2F2nd_stage_pack.rar.html)

Tyger
6th November, 2009, 11:16 PM
People are having problems with dreambox clones from china. Sky uk, sky italia and sky germany HD channels freeze constantly all the time. It all points to weak tuners

Hi,

Two possible solutions (and maybe cause to a certain degree):

Was the satellite cable used a good quality? HD signals are better served with a better spec cable, with 100db gain.

If using existing cable not at that spec, a simple In-Line Signal Amplifier (?3.19 free postage from eBay UK) will give around 30db added gain to boost the signal. The amplifier takes its power directly from the receiver, so there is no extra hassle other than fitting it between the receiver and LNB. :-)

My dish is not yet up (95 cm Motorised) and my DM800HDs is in transit, but once all is set up, I can let you know if the Chinese Clones work satisfactorily with the (20m run) 100db cable.

linuxsat
10th November, 2009, 11:14 AM
Hi For those of you who think it is worth buying from China we have the option now you can buy the receiver from only ?135 with the 10% discount but you have to pay postage tax and duty so choice is yours we are giving you the options buy from china or buy from uk you decide. visit the sponser section on this forum for the member discount code

shaks08
10th November, 2009, 02:47 PM
hello everybody, first of all thanks everybody who tried to help me, i send my dreambox away, but i found a tools that helps to all the dead clone box like mine to fix (even they cant connect to dreamup!! it was too late for me, so i couldn't try, but i know few people tried and get successs...

DM800 Clone Serial Flash Enforcer

'' DM800 Clone Serial Flash Enforcer
Made by and inconjuction with the Clone manufacturers!

Use if DreamUp will not connect to your 800 Clone.
read pdf files inside. ''

here is two solution
No ca found by 2nd stage loader
This can be done in 2 ways.

1) You have to have a working dreambox.
2) DM800_repair, you alter dreamup to be able to use greyed buttons.
Now for the first sollution.
1) Connect working dreambox DM600/DM800.
3) When dreambox is found by dreamup, insert Null-Modem cable in
the broken dreambox.
4) Press flash button, and chose a firmware.
5) The flash progress will probably hang, its OK.
6) Open dreamup again, connect the broken box, press connect.
7) If all went ok, you can now flash box again, (Use only serial
communication)

Now for the second sollution
1) Connect broken dreambox DM600/DM800
3) When you see second loader error popup, just press ok.
4) Open http://www.gsmsweden.com/forhike/sat...stage_pack.rar (http://www.sat-universe.com/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gsmsweden.com% 2Fforhike%2Fsat%2Fdm800%2F2nd_stage_pack.rar)
5) Drag DM800_repair in front of dreamup, and press dream multimedia logo.
6) Now press the greyed Flash button, and chose firmware.
7) The flash progress will probably hang, its OK.
8) Open dreamup again, connect the broken box, press connect.
9) If all went ok, you can now flash box again, (Use only serial
communication)

am i allowed to send link for download soft?? if not please fell free to deletehttp://www.sat-universe.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

http://rapidshare.de/files/48504554/..._pack.rar.html (http://www.sat-universe.com/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Frapidshare.de%2Ffi les%2F48504554%2F2nd_stage_pack.rar.html)

Hi, i tried the above method however once i press the flash button on dreamup and try to open image, it says 'file too big', is there any way around this, i purchased mine from china, iv sent email but no response from the other side.
the reason i had to use dream up is bcoz my dreambox will not boot and shows dream-mutimedia ERROR! on the screen.

I hope someone can find a solution for this its not even been a month with this box:s:

blue boy
11th November, 2009, 02:02 PM
JFYI
Make sure you are using a NULL MODEM and not a SERIAL CABLE, Dreamup will not communicate with your box if you use a serial cable. I spent 2 days trying to find out what was wrong with my DM800 and it was down to the cable

I bought from Tony from YaoXin, I paid ?167 delivered (arrived about 5 days) but the Gemini 4.4 image it came with would not move my dish so I flashed with a original Nabilosat BH 12 image (mistake should have used a patched version) I had a error message NO CA found in the display so I followed the tutorials and eventually got the box back to life with the correct cable.

I have the box running great now with a patched image NabiloBlackHole-12-BL72-dreamboxclones-co.cc.nfi. I am getting good SNR and the dish is moving fine without using USALS.

Another good thing to remember is that if you have a motorised system make sure you make a note of the motor positions already set and use them when you set up your sat config in the new box.

shaks08
11th November, 2009, 03:52 PM
howz it possible to use a null modem cable instead of serial cable, as dream up has a choice between com 1,2,3..etc. isnt that to do with serial cable

blue boy
11th November, 2009, 04:25 PM
Both Serial and Null Modem have the same 9 pin female connectors and look the same but the difference is the Null Modem is reverse wired inside the cable apparently.

To connect to my PC I ended up needing a USB to Serial converter (Maplin) and that gave me the Serial outlet to plug the Null Modem into.

joy123
11th November, 2009, 09:25 PM
Hi, i tried the above method however once i press the flash button on dreamup and try to open image, it says 'file too big', is there any way around this, i purchased mine from china, iv sent email but no response from the other side.
the reason i had to use dream up is bcoz my dreambox will not boot and shows dream-mutimedia ERROR! on the screen.

I hope someone can find a solution for this its not even been a month with this box:s:
HELLO M8
u didn't say what bl# ur box,
first flash with bootloader 69, then flash original image
http://www.easy-share.com/1908409906/release-dm800_20080912.nfi

let me know if still doesn't work

waqasahmed
11th November, 2009, 09:29 PM
Just would like to alert people to ali express. Someone there is selling the DM 800 for roughly ?150 incl. delivery and they send by EMS, so less likely to pay customs charges lol

shaks08
11th November, 2009, 11:07 PM
HELLO M8
u didn't say what bl# ur box,
first flash with bootloader 69, then flash original image
Download release-dm800_20080912.nfi, upload your files and earn money. (http://www.easy-share.com/1908409906/release-dm800_20080912.nfi)

let me know if still doesn't work

Hi, it came with bl72 and it was working fine with nabilo image for 2 weeks, but than i wanted to plug the box into different socket and thats when the red light kept flashing constantly and it said dream multimedia ->error! on dm800, so i thought i'l flash it again with dream up and than once connected i got error message at the end stating 'No CA found by 2nd stage loader, please contact support at dream-multimedia!'.
so i forced the flash button by the help of ENFORCER but when ichoose an image to flash i keep gettin an error message 'file to big'. iv tried all sorts of small, big images and all version of dream up but no luck. :help:

joy123
12th November, 2009, 12:10 AM
Hi, it came with bl72 and it was working fine with nabilo image for 2 weeks, but than i wanted to plug the box into different socket and thats when the red light kept flashing constantly and it said dream multimedia ->error! on dm800, so i thought i'l flash it again with dream up and than once connected i got error message at the end stating 'No CA found by 2nd stage loader, please contact support at dream-multimedia!'.
so i forced the flash button by the help of ENFORCER but when ichoose an image to flash i keep gettin an error message 'file to big'. iv tried all sorts of small, big images and all version of dream up but no luck. :help:

Try to flash with 69 bootloader by old dreamup with orginal image. If u r done and everything ok, then try normal way to reflash it again with ur choice of image and bootloader.
I know few people has same problem, they didn't find the way to fix it, as soon as i know i will post it here, but mean give it a shot.

Jin Kazama
12th November, 2009, 12:47 PM
Is anyone able to have a properly working remote with those DM800 HD clones?

blue boy
12th November, 2009, 02:09 PM
Is anyone able to have a properly working remote with those DM800 HD clones?

No problem with mine.

shaks08
13th November, 2009, 10:06 AM
well i somehow managed to flash another image but i still get the dream multimedia ->error! message on box lcd so i assume its definetly a hardware problem inside the box, can anyone advise me if theres a place in uk where i can get repaired or exchange for a working box with cash on top. or whatever cheapest way is best for me, shame its only been 2 weeks and i was lovin all the features it had, iv been missing this box for past couple days:dontknow:

Bonesy
13th November, 2009, 01:16 PM
well i somehow managed to flash another image but i still get the dream multimedia ->error! message on box lcd so i assume its definetly a hardware problem inside the box, can anyone advise me if theres a place in uk where i can get repaired or exchange for a working box with cash on top. or whatever cheapest way is best for me, shame its only been 2 weeks and i was lovin all the features it had, iv been missing this box for past couple days:dontknow:

You may have reflashed the image but did you flash new bootloader 72 onto it using dreamup??

joy123
13th November, 2009, 03:06 PM
dont worry, its not a big deal i think try this:
1.open the box(very easy) press the sim card gently, then try , if it still have error, --->
2. listen to Bonesy (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/147-bonesy/), flash bootloader 72 again, thats it , try now, if its still have error------>
3. u have to flash lower bootloader, may be 70,

hope that will sort ur porblem.

albertinos
13th November, 2009, 03:26 PM
after bootloader u must install driver DreamBox-dvb-modules_2.6.12-5,1-brcmstb-dm800-20090707-r0_dm800 with dcc for e2
here u hawe all u need

shaks08
13th November, 2009, 04:46 PM
iv opened the box, its hard to press sim card with the tuner comin in way, is it ok if i take the tuner off and than press sim card while flasing, also i managed to flash by ip adress on the web. i got to this stage by forcing the flash button and i will open the image after i press 'connect' but wat a few seconds and than open the image file. this way the dreamup showed the same error message but the box somehow rebooted and froze on booting, so on the second round i quickly kept hold of the standby button as soon as box rebooted and i some how got the stop sign with ip adress. i flashed with new image but when i switched off and back on i got the same error message. i wil try the bl72 and keep sim pressed and hope for the best

nobbystyles
13th November, 2009, 09:10 PM
after bootloader u must install driver DreamBox-dvb-modules_2.6.12-5,1-brcmstb-dm800-20090707-r0_dm800 with dcc for e2
here u hawe all u need

It's in Spanish mate.

I can confirm this tuner is absolute crap. I haven't tried an other image at the moment, but i can't scan any DVB-S2 channels at the moment.

Rubbish.

shaks08
14th November, 2009, 12:07 AM
Huh failed again, tried pressing the sim card and the flashed twiced with bl69 but still got the same error message on box lcd. i definetely think its a hardware problem, i noticed on the box ip web page it said something bout bootloader 59, i think i may have bl59, but for the past weeks i has nabilo bl72 patched installed and had no problems with the image. has anyone experienced a cap blowin inside or some sort of common hardware fault in the clones. and thanks for all your help guys, il keep this box in safe place until i find something new that will resurrect my box:rolleyes:

joy123
14th November, 2009, 12:35 AM
Huh failed again, tried pressing the sim card and the flashed twiced with bl69 but still got the same error message on box lcd. i definetely think its a hardware problem, i noticed on the box ip web page it said something bout bootloader 59, i think i may have bl59, but for the past weeks i has nabilo bl72 patched installed and had no problems with the image. has anyone experienced a cap blowin inside or some sort of common hardware fault in the clones. and thanks for all your help guys, il keep this box in safe place until i find something new that will resurrect my box:rolleyes:
does it used to get very hot? i think tuner is burnt :(

blue boy
14th November, 2009, 08:24 AM
It's in Spanish mate.

I can confirm this tuner is absolute crap. I haven't tried an other image at the moment, but i can't scan any DVB-S2 channels at the moment.

Rubbish.

I was the same with mine I emailed the seller saying the tuner was crap and he replied saying it was an image problem , I couldn't scan or move the dish with the original Gemini 4.4 Image, I eventually flashed Nabilosat BH for clones Bl72 and everything is fine.

shaks08
14th November, 2009, 10:02 AM
i thought the box can boot without the tuner, i took the tuner out and pressed the sim to flash image but that did'nt work also, can anyone confirm if the box can be booted or flashed without the tuner connected, and yes my box did use to get very hot

nobbystyles
14th November, 2009, 02:43 PM
I was the same with mine I emailed the seller saying the tuner was crap and he replied saying it was an image problem , I couldn't scan or move the dish with the original Gemini 4.4 Image, I eventually flashed Nabilosat BH for clones Bl72 and everything is fine.

I have that image running and am still unable to scan in any HD channels.

joy123
14th November, 2009, 08:39 PM
i thought the box can boot without the tuner, i took the tuner out and pressed the sim to flash image but that did'nt work also, can anyone confirm if the box can be booted or flashed without the tuner connected, and yes my box did use to get very hot
box should boot without tuner mate, if it doesn't thats mean ur processore gone. I know somebody try with a new tuner but same result. Did u try to upload the xxx.co file for tuner? Cant remember exactly what its called.

nobbystyles
14th November, 2009, 09:07 PM
New problem now, the box wont boot with the patched niablo image, the image starts up but when it's booting the line on the LED only gets about a tenth of the way accross before it freezes.

I installed the Gemini image back onto the box and now there is NO tuner being detected. It was fine before. :dontknow:

Any ideas?

Cheers.

joy123
15th November, 2009, 03:35 AM
New problem now, the box wont boot with the patched niablo image, the image starts up but when it's booting the line on the LED only gets about a tenth of the way accross before it freezes.

I installed the Gemini image back onto the box and now there is NO tuner being detected. It was fine before. :dontknow:

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Think u need to replace ur xxx.ko file (tuner driver). Google it .

shaks08
15th November, 2009, 09:02 AM
box should boot without tuner mate, if it doesn't thats mean ur processore gone. I know somebody try with a new tuner but same result. Did u try to upload the xxx.co file for tuner? Cant remember exactly what its called.

so we can confirm its not the tuner as even without the tuner box will get stuck on booting half way 'i think', what do you mean by processor gone like can it actually be repaired or replaced, if i can get the the processor or the main board replaced than i think box should boot. i know its better to buy another dm800 rather than buyin main board as will be costl but what bout the processer can that be replaced

dctyper
15th November, 2009, 10:07 AM
sounds like user error to me lol

joy123
15th November, 2009, 12:07 PM
sounds like user error to me lol

User error? What u mean?

waqasahmed
15th November, 2009, 02:09 PM
as in you might have flashed a bad flash

joy123
15th November, 2009, 04:26 PM
so we can confirm its not the tuner as even without the tuner box will get stuck on booting half way 'i think', what do you mean by processor gone like can it actually be repaired or replaced, if i can get the the processor or the main board replaced than i think box should boot. i know its better to buy another dm800 rather than buyin main board as will be costl but what bout the processer can that be replaced

I don really know much about processor, somebody else will jump in to help u, but its might be not the processor, i know its very confusing, but hope its just a driver fault. But i think its start with a overheating issue. Did u had a fan or anythin? How long u were using before its breakdown?
What position u r in now? Did u flashed with old image and old bootloader? Was everything ok with old orginal image?

Bonesy
15th November, 2009, 05:00 PM
as in you might have flashed a bad flash

if it stick halfway booting, then I would agree a bad flash. just reflash it.

cactikid
15th November, 2009, 05:45 PM
dont think any box should get 2 hot.

nobbystyles
15th November, 2009, 07:54 PM
Think u need to replace ur xxx.ko file (tuner driver). Google it .

Done that, but when i replace it the box wont boot up, it tries to, but then just hangs. No matter what image i use, the box refuses to boot up when i replace the bcm7401.ko file, it's fine before i replace the file except i get the harware not verified error an there's no tuner detected.

I've reflashed with different images and bl, but the problem remains.

joy123
15th November, 2009, 09:29 PM
Done that, but when i replace it the box wont boot up, it tries to, but then just hangs. No matter what image i use, the box refuses to boot up when i replace the bcm7401.ko file, it's fine before i replace the file except i get the harware not verified error an there's no tuner detected.

I've reflashed with different images and bl, but the problem remains.

Take out the tuner and then try to boot, if it does thats mean ur tuner burnt for over heating.
Which i think happened. In that case u can call ur dealer to give u a replacement tuner or u can buy one. Those chines tuner really crap specially early one.

waqasahmed
16th November, 2009, 02:11 AM
thats the reason i dont want to buy a clone yet,as they have big problems.also the dm 8000 clones are in production

nobbystyles
16th November, 2009, 01:36 PM
Take out the tuner and then try to boot, if it does thats mean ur tuner burnt for over heating.
Which i think happened. In that case u can call ur dealer to give u a replacement tuner or u can buy one. Those chines tuner really crap specially early one.

Yeah tried that and it still boots using gemini 4.4, so it looks like the tuner is goosed. The quality of these tuners are pretty dissapointing, even for a clone.

New tuner ordered.

shaks08
16th November, 2009, 05:17 PM
anyone know a place where i can get the dm800 repaired or part exchange

joy123
17th November, 2009, 10:00 AM
anyone know a place where i can get the dm800 repaired or part exchange

Will u try one last thing? Flash nabilo 11 two times by a null modem cable and dream up.then check. Make sure u r doing everything right how to flash aw dreamup.

dctyper
17th November, 2009, 10:11 AM
can you explain nobby, what you do when you flash so we know your doing it right

the reason i ask, is i have had over 10 boxes from this chap, cable and sat and none have had issues.

dave

shaks08
17th November, 2009, 12:53 PM
Will u try one last thing? Flash nabilo 11 two times by a null modem cable and dream up.then check. Make sure u r doing everything right how to flash aw dreamup.
its impossible for me to flash by dream up as 'no ca error' message pops up so the flash button on dream up is disabled, only way to enable the flash button is by using enforcer and even after using enforcer i can force the flash button to be enabled but when it comes to choosing/opening an image after you press the flash button theres an error message 'file to big' keeps comin up, iv tried all sorts of images and even small files like bootloaders. only way i can get it to flash is by http and thats after i use dreamup that makes the box boot and i can keep hold of power button and 'stop' is displayed along with ip.
that way iv tried all images but still get error message 'dream multimedia error! on box lcd when i power off and than on. thats why i think its definetly hardware fault, but i will try to flash with the nabilo image twice by http and see if theres any change.
thanks

joy123
17th November, 2009, 02:07 PM
its impossible for me to flash by dream up as 'no ca error' message pops up so the flash button on dream up is disabled, only way to enable the flash button is by using enforcer and even after using enforcer i can force the flash button to be enabled but when it comes to choosing/opening an image after you press the flash button theres an error message 'file to big' keeps comin up, iv tried all sorts of images and even small files like bootloaders. only way i can get it to flash is by http and thats after i use dreamup that makes the box boot and i can keep hold of power button and 'stop' is displayed along with ip.
that way iv tried all images but still get error message 'dream multimedia error! on box lcd when i power off and than on. thats why i think its definetly hardware fault, but i will try to flash with the nabilo image twice by http and see if theres any change.
thanks
after using enforcer one time it should load ur bootloader back to ur box, u should ignor all the error, and finish the procedure, then u can flash via http or dreamup image+bootloader,

now ...what u saying, its sounds like ur problem is with null modem cable, i think, try not to use any usb adaptor , use only null modem cable see if you can get connect with dreambox,

just to let you know, if you connect dreambox via serial cable and try to load a image some times its say image is too big. so u can try, i dont think there is anything wrong with hardware, atleast u hope so:dontknow:

nobbystyles
17th November, 2009, 02:30 PM
can you explain nobby, what you do when you flash so we know your doing it right

the reason i ask, is i have had over 10 boxes from this chap, cable and sat and none have had issues.

dave

Tried the browser way mate, pressing standby on box then plugging in power to get the ip, all is well so far ......i load the image, tried BH, Gemini ect, then flash to 100% , i keep the browser open and logon to box again and flash with the boot loader to 100%.

I've done the same with null modem lead and dreamup, the box flashes fine, except on black hole it wont bootup at all, the progress bar on the LED gets to about a quarter of the way across. With the patched gemini 4.4, the box boots, but no hardware is detected or verified, meaning no tuner, if i go to settings no tuner is visible in the menu, it just states "Tuner A" then underneath "nothing".

So at this point i think the bcm7401.ko tuner file needs replacing, when i replace it the gemini image wont boot in exactly the same way the black hole image wont. I've tried various images, and all of them either wont boot or they boot but with no tuner detected, then when i replace the tuner file the box fails to boot again.

I'm pretty sure it's a tuner issue, so i'll report back when i fit the new one.

shaks08
17th November, 2009, 02:32 PM
its a null modem cable connected with usb adapter as my laptop won't support it, but iv flashed dm500 with no problems and also cable boxes such as dbox eurovox.

nobbystyles
17th November, 2009, 02:39 PM
thanks

It may sound silly mate, but make sure you're using the correct version of dream up. I tried with older versions at first and it didn't work, then i downloaded dreamup 1.3.3.4, and it connected straight away.

disconect all power from dreambox > connect null modem lead > click on "connect" on dreamup > plug power into dreambox > select flash > choose image.

blueboy
17th November, 2009, 03:03 PM
Try buying a new NULL MODEM cable, I tried everything and as a last resort I bought a new cable (maplin) I used the cable with a USB to SERIAL converter. and everything worked at last.

nobbystyles
17th November, 2009, 05:31 PM
Just one more things lads, i did a software update through the gemini image/server when i got the box. Could this be the cause of my problems?

Bonesy
17th November, 2009, 08:30 PM
Just one more things lads, i did a software update through the gemini image/server when i got the box. Could this be the cause of my problems?

That will reuin your image as your using a clone, but will not hard the unit in any way.
Just relfaahs it again and it will back the way it was:)
Do not update your software if your using a clone stupid :)

nobbystyles
19th November, 2009, 05:26 PM
New tuner fitted, and everything is back to normal. :manuflag:

If anyone needs a new Tuner delivered from the UK, try supersatshop.eu. It came the next day no messing, nice bloke.

harry1986
30th November, 2009, 12:23 AM
is anyone using a freesat card in their dreambox 800 to get the channels or are you all paying for sky to get the channels?

cgscott
30th November, 2009, 12:32 AM
is anyone using a freesat card in their dreambox 800 to get the channels or are you all paying for sky to get the channels?

Im paying for mines.

harry1986
30th November, 2009, 12:40 AM
i dont get it like if your paying for it why are people buying other boxes to get channels when they paying for it anyway im sure you get them with a standard sky box if your paying for it like cable its different you dont need to pay for that its free to get all channels there must be a way because everyone trying to flash thier box etc to get sky channels

linuxsat
30th November, 2009, 11:44 AM
sorry i think you have got your calculations wrong, we are offering chinese versions from china for less the ?150 -10% for members so it is less then ?135 + postage of ?35 in return you have a piece of mind that if anything goes wrong you send it to us in uk rather then your friends in china.

bluebottle
2nd December, 2009, 03:03 PM
sorry i think you have got your calculations wrong, we are offering chinese versions from china for less the ?150 -10% for members so it is less then ?135 + postage of ?35 in return you have a piece of mind that if anything goes wrong you send it to us in uk rather then your friends in china.

So if I order one tonight through your website before Friday for the Chinese one it will cost ?169.72 in total and I can return it to you in the UK if there are any faults?. Does customes etc charge anything on import? Thanks

linuxsat
3rd December, 2009, 06:28 AM
So if I order one tonight through your website before Friday for the Chinese one it will cost ?169.72 in total and I can return it to you in the UK if there are any faults?. Does customes etc charge anything on import? Thanks
yes you can return to us in uk
we dont know about customs charges, we dont charge customs so cant answer that

bluebottle
3rd December, 2009, 09:49 AM

thanks for the info.

shaks08
4th December, 2009, 11:59 PM

Hi Linuxsat, i have got a flashing red light and shows
dream multimedia ->error! on the lcd. Can you repair this box or part exchange with a new one.

slimane
5th December, 2009, 05:57 AM
like the 8000, yeah would be great

uibo
8th December, 2009, 08:36 PM
Can you get a 800 clone with a DVB-T tuner anywhere?
Can you just use a original 800 tuner bought separately?

Bonesy
8th December, 2009, 09:16 PM
why get a HD box when no terrestrial is broadcast in Hd at present.

uibo
8th December, 2009, 09:52 PM
why get a HD box when no terrestrial is broadcast in Hd at present.
Whats the harm in being prepared ?
Where I'm at (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_services_using_H.264/MPEG-4_AVC#Terrestrial_broadcast_adoption) they do have some HD tests once in a while. And all 30 (24 cnxed) of the SD channels are in h.264. Not so many h264 boxes available with good pvr capabilities. The official twin-tuner PVR box is 350EUR and the cheaper alternatives seem to have some missing features:
* recording from epg
* watching other channels from same mux while recording,
* stable enough for use
* timeshifting
* automatic padding for EPG recordings
* streaming over network
Does the dm800 have all these features?

davvo
9th December, 2009, 12:05 AM
@Linuxsat
your website says Chinese dm800 ?220.00
delivery is 10% of the total charge =?242.00

am i looking at the wrong Linuxsat
for
Chinese dm800 ?169.72 in total

linuxsat
9th December, 2009, 10:39 AM
please read the Linuxsat sponser section on the forum, The 10% discount has expired.

For returns follow the instruction on the website to open a RMA ticket. Thanks Linuxsat

davvo
9th December, 2009, 11:25 AM
@Linuxsat The 10% discount has expired.

even before that

?220.00 less 10% comes to ?198

and you charge 22 pounds for delivery

where they ever ?169.72 in total

M4NIK
9th December, 2009, 12:16 PM
hi this is my first post so hello
wow i didnt realize these clones had become so cheap when the geniune are so expensive
i was looking into getting the dm600 but one of these can be had for the same price
what price are the recievers from china now in this money crisis
and for linuxsat why so expensive now
again hi

Superman
9th December, 2009, 12:34 PM
The Reciever price in China has not dropped much, as remember you pay high postage charges from Dhl/Ups and EMS really cannot be trusted, the price is still around 250-280USD closer to the top end, then you may have custom charges on this, so you think custom charges are usually high for electrical goods, you may end up paying the same price as UK, then you must remember if it breaks the ?30 you pay to send it back? Ask yourself, is it worth it?

thanks

M4NIK
9th December, 2009, 01:20 PM
i have sent an email to the address in the first post enquiring about buying this box from them
just waiting for a reply

Superman
9th December, 2009, 01:25 PM
I can tell you the price of this guy, its around 210USD i think and 60USD Del, however, they have had some bad reviews recenetly, if you look on some other forums.

Thanks

M4NIK
9th December, 2009, 01:32 PM
I can tell you the price of this guy, its around 210USD i think and 60USD Del, however, they have had some bad reviews recenetly, if you look on some other forums.

Thanks

thanks for the heads up
but i dont want to spend that much on my first box of ?220 here in the uk

Superman
9th December, 2009, 01:38 PM
Yes, i understand where your coming from, and if you dont have problems or customs directly from china is a great place to buy from, the cheapest in UK is 215 at the moment.

M4NIK
9th December, 2009, 03:04 PM
just got this back from china
works out as ?153.48

-DM800HD sample price: 200usd/pcs, 10-50 pcs price: 192usd/pcs
total cost for 1pcs is 250usd including all fee.
200usd + 38usd for dhl + 12.5usd for paypal 5% fee=250usd

dont know wether take the risk o just wait till january when new dm500hd and new tm hd boxes are released

Superman
9th December, 2009, 03:13 PM
Thats a good price, maybe its worth taking the risk, but then again as you said in January lots more recievers will be okay so price may drop.

Sat-Shop
9th December, 2009, 03:17 PM
Total cost $250 + the possability of having to pay import tax and VAT on top of that (add another 30% approx), for what at the end of the day is a fake... Save your money and see what the new year brings would be my advice.

Superman
9th December, 2009, 03:21 PM
I agree with Sat-Shop on this one, 250+30% of what they value the box to be, and trust me it wont be what you pay a lot of the time, think they 30% on 200?? were talking an extra 70Quid or 120USd
so your total cost is getting closer to 370USd if customs decide to.

But again its a risk, if it pays off, you get it nice and cheap, if it doesnt, then you dont basically

cbl
9th December, 2009, 05:36 PM
Hello,
I new in this forum and I just got two DM500s from China for 510$ inkluding DHL shipping. I had to pay custom 38$.
It's to Sweden.
/C

dctyper
10th December, 2009, 03:01 PM
you get charged 15 pounds from dhl for import duties thats it

dc

hatchet
10th December, 2009, 03:06 PM
Lot of scare mongering from competitors...

uibo
10th December, 2009, 03:47 PM
... remember you pay high postage charges from Dhl/Ups and EMS really cannot be trusted

Why cant Dhl/Ups or EMS be trusted?

Thanks

Where can i find these bad reviews?

I was about to order from them but now i'm not sure anymore... And on january 1st the the tax-free limits rise. Maybe it'll be harder to order from china then.

Where can you order a clone shipped inside the EU?

Superman
10th December, 2009, 05:06 PM
DHL/UPS can be trusted, personally i only use DHL, EMS is very slow and quite often loose packages, There are a few shops selling clones in the EU, you can pick them up for around 215? Delivered, If you googled "Patch Dreambox Images UBB Forums" you can find the reviews on there. They are okay, but lots of people have had to send back for repair costing them ?40-50 quid a time as you can only send back via local post office due to customs in china, hope this helps

Super

Sat-Shop
10th December, 2009, 05:30 PM
Lot of scare mongering from competitors...

Hopefully we're not being included in that, just like to point out we're not a competitor here, we only sell the original and not much interested in what you can or can't get fakes and/or clones for... I was just offering advice based on what they are thinking of buying, but of course up to anyone what they wish to do. :)

Manic01
10th December, 2009, 05:36 PM
TM600 HD avaialble in Jan. Will be under ?200.

M4NIK
11th December, 2009, 07:56 AM
i myself am very greatfull for your advice
i was about to order the clone from china till you kindly pointed out the new recievers coming in jan which will be better spec'd and for the same price roughly

uibo
11th December, 2009, 02:43 PM
... will be better spec'd and for the same price roughly

What better specs does it have?

Superman
11th December, 2009, 02:45 PM
Im being honest, as far as i am aware specs will be quite similar.

Super

firestorm
11th December, 2009, 07:09 PM
the spec on the 500hd is
SPEC H.264 in hardware DivX in hardware Simultaneous HD and SD output 1080i support HDMI and component output Dolby Digital, DTS 5.1, AAC and WMA support PIP with simultaneous HD/SD decoding Nice fast processor (400MHz dual core MIPS32) SATA-2 for hard disk and DVD-R/W hardware PVR support with trick modes Triple USB host (2x2.0, 1x1.1) dual smartcard controller

and the 800hd

Features: - 300 MHz MIPS Processor - Linux Operating System - MPEG2 / H.264 Hardware decoding (DVB compliant) - DVI - Tuner Module, Plug & Play - High contrast and energy saving display (OLED) - 64 MByte Flash, 256 MByte RAM - SATA - for use either as internal HDD 2,5“ or eSATA - 10/100Mbit Ethernet Interface - 1 x Smartcard-Reader (Dreamcrypt) - 2 x USB2.0 - V.24/RS232 - Scart - S/PDIF for digital bit stream out (optical) - Unlimited channel lists for TV/Radio - Channel-change time < 1 second - Supports EPG (electronic program guide) - Full automatic service scan - Supports directly bouquet-lists - Supports videotext decoding - Supports multiple LNB-Switching control (DiSEqC) - OSD in many languages - Skin-support - External 12V power supply

to me the 500hd has a better prosser like the one in the 8000 also dose full 1080 upscaling

11th December, 2009, 07:30 PM
the spec on the 500hd is
SPEC H.264 in hardware DivX in hardware Simultaneous HD and SD output 1080i support HDMI and component output Dolby Digital, DTS 5.1, AAC and WMA support PIP with simultaneous HD/SD decoding Nice fast processor (400MHz dual core MIPS32) SATA-2 for hard disk and DVD-R/W hardware PVR support with trick modes Triple USB host (2x2.0, 1x1.1) dual smartcard controller

and the 800hd

Features: - 300 MHz MIPS Processor - Linux Operating System - MPEG2 / H.264 Hardware decoding (DVB compliant) - DVI - Tuner Module, Plug & Play - High contrast and energy saving display (OLED) - 64 MByte Flash, 256 MByte RAM - SATA - for use either as internal HDD 2,5? or eSATA - 10/100Mbit Ethernet Interface - 1 x Smartcard-Reader (Dreamcrypt) - 2 x USB2.0 - V.24/RS232 - Scart - S/PDIF for digital bit stream out (optical) - Unlimited channel lists for TV/Radio - Channel-change time < 1 second - Supports EPG (electronic program guide) - Full automatic service scan - Supports directly bouquet-lists - Supports videotext decoding - Supports multiple LNB-Switching control (DiSEqC) - OSD in many languages - Skin-support - External 12V power supply

to me the 500hd has a better prosser like the one in the 8000 also dose full 1080 upscaling

The TM600 will be out before these and that is going to be a big hitter due to the price tag. around ?189.

Dont know if the specs are similar or not but for some the specs dont matter.

firestorm
11th December, 2009, 07:33 PM
at a ?189 pound for a hd linux box of good qualty you can to wrong

M4NIK
12th December, 2009, 09:17 AM
as stated above the specs i was most refering to is that is has hdmi instead of dvi
and the processor is bigger
i am not trying to say the 800 is crap or anything i know its a brilliant reciever im just saying that the 500hd fits my critiara
sorry to offend anybody
but the tm reciever does look very tempting

Superman
12th December, 2009, 01:24 PM
Must be honest the TM willm be a very tempting reciever and if they get it out on time then it will rock the market, lets hope they dont' delay any longer.

Super

davvo
12th December, 2009, 07:40 PM
TM600 HD avaialble in Jan. Will be under ?200.

is there a link/source for TM600 HD avaialble in Jan

google shows nothing for TM600 HD

nothing on TM site about TM600 HD

passatmani
14th December, 2009, 04:10 PM
Hi guys!

Does anyone knows where to get these Clone? I saw it on a german forum. Here are the pictures. Price is ? 220 with shipping. (EU)

Looks very interesting!

Maybe you know a shop in the UK. In the forum someone said, the box is from the UK.

Lg

waqasahmed
14th December, 2009, 04:18 PM
Ah finally, the legal clones have came out!

Bonesy
14th December, 2009, 05:50 PM
yay!! glad to see :)

waqasahmed
14th December, 2009, 06:08 PM
I wouldnt have any idea on where to buy one from though! That receiver may have came from the UK, and the UK seller probably got it from China. €220 is a bit much, unless you got it a while back. You can now get the (illegal) clones for roughly $240 now

Superman
14th December, 2009, 06:15 PM
Hi,
Not a hint here...but i have them in stock..

super

waqasahmed
14th December, 2009, 06:17 PM
At €220, I think Ill pass

Manic01
14th December, 2009, 06:18 PM
So you are trading on here now?

Superman
14th December, 2009, 06:19 PM
No, people just asked where you can get them from!!

So i simiply told them :)

Super

Manic01
14th December, 2009, 06:22 PM
Telling them to pm you is trading mate. SIte sponsors pay to trade.

Superman
14th December, 2009, 06:24 PM
Site sponsors don't have these boxes ;)
Super

Manic01
14th December, 2009, 06:25 PM
You asked them all have you. Play the game pay to trade like others or dont do it slyly mate.

Manic01
14th December, 2009, 06:28 PM
I see he's gone

14th December, 2009, 10:32 PM
lol hehe. Always been a problem here. Disturbing our nice and quite forum.

dctyper
14th December, 2009, 10:39 PM
he was actually quite helpful, shame

Devilfish
14th December, 2009, 11:41 PM
Seems some folk just can't take the hint.

boltakal
15th December, 2009, 01:51 AM
uk Bas reseller
super sat shop .eu

melloned
15th December, 2009, 02:32 AM
:hmmmm: on the verge of clinching a deal with him for a DM500s and a 1mtr motorised dish set up , dunno what to do now , seems such a helpfull guy :questionmark:

Manic01
15th December, 2009, 10:42 AM
Forum sponsors will sort you out.

Curious123
15th December, 2009, 11:01 AM
:hmmmm: on the verge of clinching a deal with him for a DM500s and a 1mtr motorised dish set up , dunno what to do now , seems such a helpfull guy :questionmark:

I would go for a Chinese dm600s rather than a dm500s as the internal ram is really limited on that box and this will be an issue when you fancy loading extra plugins. Besides the dm600 is PVR box so though it costs extra it is better in the long term.

Bonesy
15th December, 2009, 02:30 PM
he was actually quite helpful, shame

He was helpful, I agree.
However, you where right, support & sponser the site if he wishes to make money from it.

Bonesy
15th December, 2009, 02:31 PM
uk Bas reseller
super sat shop .eu

And the point of promoting a guy just banned from the forums is?

Bonesy
15th December, 2009, 02:32 PM
I would go for a Chinese dm600s rather than a dm500s as the internal ram is really limited on that box and this will be an issue when you fancy loading extra plugins. Besides the dm600 is PVR box so though it costs extra it is better in the long term.

listen to this man. For the difference, the 600 is much better value.

gam3r
15th December, 2009, 04:19 PM
I got a clone DM800 from yaoxin. I ordered on thursday, and it came on monday!

So far pleased with it. I have just loaded nabilosat BH11 onto it and am getting to grips with it as im a noob coming from cable. Just need to get me a motorised dish now :(

Superman
15th December, 2009, 07:52 PM
Bonesy i was banned for 1 day, only one day for advertising :S

Come on guys ;) You think i was gone forever eh ;)

Dont be silly!! haha

SuperMAN!

Superman
15th December, 2009, 08:01 PM
I have offered to sponsor the site 4 TIMES, i can't help the fact devilfish has enough sponsors currently can i? I was gone for 1 Day...

I am willing to pay to sposor this site, i am willing to play the game, im also here to help like everyone else is and a lot of people require help and i have knowledge that can help them!

Super!!!

Bonesy
16th December, 2009, 01:05 AM
I have offered to sponsor the site 4 TIMES, i can't help the fact devilfish has enough sponsors currently can i? I was gone for 1 Day...

I am willing to pay to sposor this site, i am willing to play the game, im also here to help like everyone else is and a lot of people require help and i have knowledge that can help them!

Super!!!

Glad to see you back then:)
And that you wish to sponser the site, I hope devilfish gets some space for you then to advertise.

boltakal
16th December, 2009, 01:09 AM
Sorry for that ..
im not ad any thing ..
plz dont banned me ..
Sorryy

Superman
16th December, 2009, 09:05 AM
Yeahh i hope he does to being honest, because i think its better than any current sponser..

Super

OldSkulRide
16th December, 2009, 10:04 AM
superman how can i contact you? i cannot send PMs

Superman
16th December, 2009, 10:20 AM
You need two posts to send PM's i believe.

Super