PDA

View Full Version : Removing Toyota Speed Limit ?

jakesman
20th February, 2017, 07:33 PM
can some one plz tell me how to get rid of the speed limit on a toyota Quantum it is almost same as the hilux D4D
they started to limit it at 100Km/h and customers are not happy with it . i spoke to the tech at toyota and he say their is a way but do not want to tell the secrete , and he is also "scared" to diable the speed limiter
so where in the ecu is this "limiter" set can i slap out the eeprom and chop it there or is there more to this ? personaly i would load a virgin file and redo injector coding and then sync immo to ecu if it is in the eeprom or is there a wire to cut on the ecu from the abs ?

wimpieha
20th February, 2017, 08:12 PM
can some one plz tell me how to get rid of the speed limit on a toyota Quantum it is almost same as the hilux D4D
they started to limit it at 100Km/h and customers are not happy with it . i spoke to the tech at toyota and he say their is a way but do not want to tell the secrete , and he is also "scared" to diable the speed limiter
so where in the ecu is this "limiter" set can i slap out the eeprom and chop it there or is there more to this ? personaly i would load a virgin file and redo injector coding and then sync immo to ecu if it is in the eeprom or is there a wire to cut on the ecu from the abs ?
Unplug the cluster if it come from the speedo I think,then you must find the wire you must cut,I will see if I can find out,

Sent from my SM-T231 using Tapatalk

wimpieha
20th February, 2017, 08:13 PM
Sorry you must drive without the cluster plug in

jakesman
21st February, 2017, 05:45 AM
nice one , plug the cluster out , the customer will not like that one , i know on old vw lt i know when u pull the fuse for wipers there is also no more limit and also no more wipers , i have read somewhere to pull the fuse for TCS (traction controle ) also customer do not aprove of this but there must be a wire from abs that tell the ecu it is going above 100km/h
i am sure here on DK there will be a answer soon

wimpieha
22nd February, 2017, 09:20 PM
Well if it come from the abs ,unplug one wheel sensor the abs will not work ,take it now for a drive,hope it help

jakesman
23rd February, 2017, 06:53 AM
customer complain about abs light "ON" no m8 there is a correct solution for this i will beg and bribe at the stealership and will soon find a solution and for sure i will put it up here on DK

Aajii
23rd February, 2017, 07:29 AM
Maybe it is possible to tune limiter from ecu? If there is bdm port in Quantum ecu (read/write with toyota ecu flasher? kess?)
or one possibility is maybe use piggy back controller (unichip,apexi..) to clamp the speed input signal. If there is separate speed sensor input pin in engine control module (like in old toyotas).

g0tcha
27th July, 2018, 06:23 AM

hi, have a solution PM me.

satriawr
8th January, 2019, 09:08 AM
Just remove the speed limit code from the ecu. Easy.

walter1
12th April, 2019, 08:23 AM
Just remove the speed limit code from the ecu. Easy.

Hello can you give me your skype please ,I need more info about this speed limit removing

thanks

Berubeg
7th August, 2019, 10:09 PM
Interest to remove limiter on 2018 camry. Is also possible

Hello can you give me your skype please ,I need more info about this speed limit removing

thanks