PDA

View Full Version : RANGE ROVER EVOQUE 2013

DUSTYDUSTER
21st February, 2017, 05:28 PM
Hello guys ,
i want to know witch tool can add key for this car , thank you in advance for your help

rapidlocksmiths
21st February, 2017, 05:40 PM
i would be asking customer if this car has been into the main dealer for a service , a recall or any work at all in last 14 months , if it has then it will have had a kvm update in which case no tools other than maybe jlr doctor from legend web will do it , worse most tools will kill the cars kvm unit and id be sat down when you make the call to dealer to get that fixed.

if you dont know if been to dealership or not in past 14 months then abrites avdi will not damage the kvm but will shut down if its had update and wont code key , but will do no damage to car every other tool will kill it if its had update .

update was done automatic if car went to dealer for any work at all including service or recall .

so with this one id not even be trying it if its been to dealer at any point .

indienick
21st February, 2017, 06:46 PM
@rapidlocksmiths is there a way to tell if car has received KVM update?

We have been turning these down all Jag / LR by default since AD said not to touch them. It would be nice to know if there is a way to verify so we can make money on the ones that have not been to dealer and feel confident when we plug to the vehicle.

MJRVR
21st February, 2017, 07:43 PM
All sounds too risky for the profit involved as very expensive if it goes tits up.

rapidlocksmiths
21st February, 2017, 11:07 PM
not that im aware of , though abrites does something to know , as apparantly shuts down program if the vehicle has had the update , thus doing nothing and causing no damage , though i prefer to leave them alone

we either rely on customer telling us it has or hasnt been to dealer .

jlr doctor from legend web claims to be able to do these , if the case then if you see alot of these the high price can be recouped , though i suspect if legend web can do these then only a matter of time before others can too.

you have to decide if the risk at present is worth it

dontforgetus
25th February, 2017, 03:31 AM
not that im aware of , though abrites does something to know , as apparantly shuts down program if the vehicle has had the update , thus doing nothing and causing no damage , though i prefer to leave them alone

jlr doctor from legend web claims to be able to do these , if the case then if you see alot of these the high price can be recouped , though i suspect if legend web can do these then only a matter of time before others can too.

some ideas for this
happened to me once few months back on RR sport 2014 but not sure if was updated kvm or not but it shut itself down and stopped working

i did read some pdf that had a date from when the SDD started to update the KVM when V141 was released

Try to get client to bring service book and can check last time visited dealer

also
if the 10th digit of the VIN number is the letter 'D' or later, please do not attempt to program keys with skp or other tools as they dont support the new models as of now after 2016

Just in case you do try it some advice to tell client before you start :) which i forgot to mention to one of mine

you can still start the car by holding the smart key under the steering wheel on the bottom right of it

but the remote buttons will stop working and need to use the key blade to come in and out from passenger side door

Some attempts with sdd to recover situation

then tried to use v138 vmware sdd on car and do key learning that way but the KVM is shut down and the SDD can not wake up the KVM

and only when module software is older one the sdd flashes the new one in it for models without the KF72

As it happens gave client back vehicle and he took to local garage where he had battery changed and the guy shorted the battery terminals and it brought back the KVM alive is what he said and not heard from them again.

So theory is if you use SDD v141 or higher on cars before 2016 the sdd will want to update the KVM and from this you can know if you should proceed with other tools or not

if its after 2016 with new KVM china tools dont work anyway and also SDD is not allowed to flash or reflash those modules and give some error if try to

also point to note is if you dont have key and is an all lost then sdd cant communicate without ignition on. but with the skp or other tool that does not support updated kvms for now you can still get ignition on i think and then try to plug in your sdd cable and talk with car

but need to test this as not sure at what stage the KVM gets locked and was quite some months ago and cant recall all stages in process in skp
i do recall ignition will come on but the error most prob came later when key programming is started and at end got the error code with skp.

as this was getting to complicated for me and too costly to buy a jlrdoctor

worth finding a way to flash a locked kvm with virgin firmwares of older software for the kvm and readapt with sdd

also worth checking the CCF Editor if can edit firmware version of kvm their and change to an older one and that one the sdd might detect as an old one and reflash it back someway but iv no experience with that and its a long shot as most prob the CCF holds the version of kvm firmware but before the writing stage the sdd might query the current version from the KVM and not do it

hope it gives you some good idea

dontforgetus

shanny254
6th March, 2017, 01:04 PM
skp900 very simple

u.s
6th March, 2017, 02:12 PM
skp900 very simple

:palm2:.................

paul_12345
6th March, 2017, 02:12 PM
skp900 very simple

have you bothered to read the thread... try your skp900 on a updated car.

godfathertre
6th March, 2017, 06:32 PM
skp 900 good way to mess up cars if you do not know what you are doing as already been told read above and do not play with skp900 as damage to this cars are 5000 pounds to fix so rather loose a job than mess up somebody car be wise .

shanny254
9th March, 2017, 07:18 PM
av worked with skp n it has not disapointed in all lost and adding keys

newone
9th March, 2017, 07:54 PM
av worked with skp n it has not disapointed in all lost and adding keys
ok,no problem,keep usinng it and not pay attention to all the others allready told,first time that will dissapoint you will remember for life

shanny254
9th March, 2017, 09:39 PM
am telling you...its a gud tool...just know how to go round it u wil b amazed

newone
9th March, 2017, 10:51 PM
am telling you...its a gud tool...just know how to go round it u wil b amazed
i am not an expert friend but if you know some trick to do the job then can you share it please?

whiskeyman
9th March, 2017, 11:03 PM

whiskeyman
9th March, 2017, 11:05 PM
as the song goes.............................................. ...there maybe trouble aheaddddddddddddddddddddddd

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/572045-A-friend-just-KILLED-a-2012-Rover?highlight=range+rover

newone
9th March, 2017, 11:19 PM
as the song goes.............................................. ...there maybe trouble aheaddddddddddddddddddddddd

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/572045-A-friend-just-KILLED-a-2012-Rover?highlight=range+rover
personally i know about the warnings but he says he has his way...

whiskeyman
10th March, 2017, 12:10 AM
no problem you do your own thing

andreixc
2nd May, 2017, 02:49 PM
Buy a virgin KVM and replace the old one, Range Rover have them on shelf, use the SDD Engineering tool to add the new keys.
Remember, have all the keys with you, because at the end of the procedure the SDD will lock up the ECU and if you want to add more keys,
you'll have to replace the KVM again.

Do not try tools that don't know what they're doing, otherwise you'll kill off the KVM and the only way to start the car would be
holding the key underneath the steering wheel, with the backup transponder functionality.