PDA

View Full Version : Siemens MS42 Boot pin location

se93
22nd February, 2017, 01:20 PM
Hello to all

I purchased a spare Siemens MS42 and comparing the board to some of the pictures posted around that show the boot pin, the board of the ecu i purchased is slightly different

Can anyone shed some light on this?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170222/14548c7cc2caca271c9c71e5384b8e90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dominik.m
22nd February, 2017, 10:57 PM
This pictures will help You. Tested.

se93
22nd February, 2017, 11:22 PM
This pictures will help You. Tested.

Thank you!!!!!

se93
25th February, 2017, 11:26 PM
Managed to get boot mode working and was able to write the virginized file onto the MS42. Did the EWS sync and vehicle started up. With this file, i have the "Engine service light" on. What configuration function needs to be edited so it will go off as it should?

I thought that once this flashing is done, the DME would recognize the cars VIN #? In INPA the VIN shown is not from my car but from the original car this ecu was programmed for. Are there additional steps needed to match the VIN of my car on the DME?

Starting to work with tunerpro software and have a question
When i load the XDF and open my 32KB read, most of the values of the maps are 0. I clicked on the softwareversion tab and there is no data and the boxes are red. What am i missing and not doing to view the data of the partial read of the virginized map?

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics