PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! reading Cruze instrument cluster eeprom

jankiez
22nd February, 2017, 07:23 PM
Dear experts;
I need help reading this L080 EEPROM chip
it is located in Chevrolet Cruze instrument cluster
I am using a Ch341a 24 25 programmer hardware and its software.
the problem is:
I had deslodered this chip from the PCB and tried to read as 24 EEPROM but I didn't find any data.
But when I tried to read it as 25 EEPROM I found the data but the problem is I don't know what is exactly the size and the type of this chip.

Dr. Zoidberg
22nd February, 2017, 07:26 PM
Dear experts;
the problem is:
I had deslodered this chip from the PCB and tried to read as 24 EEPROM but I didn't find any data.
But when I tried to read it as 25 EEPROM I found the data but the problem is I don't know what is exactly the size and the type of this chip.

Hi, Chevrolet Cruze you must work bcm not cluster.

teerak2uk
22nd February, 2017, 07:46 PM
Bcm same as Astra J

jankiez
22nd February, 2017, 08:05 PM

I know, I want to reprogram the cluster. Because I replaced it but the new one is displaying error messages regarding checking TPMS and some functions which are not included in my car. So I want to read this chip and change the VIN and try to reset it

juancho18
22nd February, 2017, 08:14 PM
In some models is modified in dashboard and bsi
But in others only bsi eeprom 24cxx or 95xxx

Dear experts;
the problem is:

Dr. Zoidberg
22nd February, 2017, 08:21 PM
I know, I want to reprogram the cluster. Because I replaced it but the new one is displaying error messages regarding checking TPMS and some functions which are not included in my car. So I want to read this chip and change the VIN and try to reset it Ok mate, do you need scanner whit j2534 protocol, option "update cluster".

clusters
22nd February, 2017, 09:04 PM
I know, I want to reprogram the cluster. Because I replaced it but the new one is displaying error messages regarding checking TPMS and some functions which are not included in my car. So I want to read this chip and change the VIN and try to reset itYou won't be doing that on an eeprom, you need the proper cluster calibration file for your car and a dealer scantool or J2534 passthru to flash the processor.

diagtech
23rd February, 2017, 01:49 AM
Or maybe try swopping eeprom from old to new

jankiez
26th February, 2017, 04:15 PM
You won't be doing that on an eeprom, you need the proper cluster calibration file for your car and a dealer scantool or J2534 passthru to flash the processor.

could you explain in details??

ascrap2003
26th February, 2017, 06:25 PM
Thats what I was gonna say

ascrap2003
26th February, 2017, 06:26 PM
Thats what I was gonna say
Oh btw because I've only done a few, is it neccesary to do dash along with BCM? Or BCM only ok on Cruze, Colorado, Canyon, Hummer H3 etc.

clusters
26th February, 2017, 06:28 PM
Colorado, Canyon, H3 you need to zero the dash and do the BCM mileage if going lower. If going higher, just the BCM.

ascrap2003
26th February, 2017, 08:38 PM
Colorado, Canyon, H3 you need to zero the dash and do the BCM mileage if going lower. If going higher, just the BCM.
Awesome figured that thanx, I usually do dash with 20-30 miles less same outcome I guess.