PDA

View Full Version : Nissan PN-3201M-B

iamthemanwork
1st March, 2017, 04:18 PM
This radio is fitted into 2012 Nissan Micra. When powered up on my workbench it displays WAIT followed a few seconds later with INVALID EQ.
The circuitry is no way similar to the Qashqai PN2805 or the PN3001 . Does any one have a solution on how to prog this unit so it can be fitted into another Micra. Thank you ...

KierAn20
1st March, 2017, 04:50 PM
This radio is fitted into 2012 Nissan Micra. When powered up on my workbench it displays WAIT followed a few seconds later with INVALID EQ.
The circuitry is no way similar to the Qashqai PN2805 or the PN3001 . Does any one have a solution on how to prog this unit so it can be fitted into another Micra. Thank you ...

Yepp completely different layout to the 2805/3001m etc. On this one there are two miniature 24c64 chips hidden on the underside of the main pcb. I put on my notes that the left one had all the coding data and the right one was all bluetooth related, but I cant for the life of me find the photo i took which shows which way up i had the pcb to determine left from right - probably just go with conventional mate.

First lose the invalid eq message by going to the 12 pin square :::::: socket on the rear panel and I think its top row 3rd from right that needs gnd to chassis to kill the invalid eq message. But if not, then try each pin to gnd on the top row of that :::::: until the message disappears. Dont forget to power down the set, hold a pin to gnd and power up the set while you've got that pin LOW.

Once youve got that message out of the way you'll probably get the countdown and "secure" or if you're lucky "CODE ----", but either way it is just the standard edit on the code/immo data line in the eep thats needed.

Hope that helps.

iamthemanwork
1st March, 2017, 09:32 PM
KierAN20 , many thanks for replying. I had already tried the s/c link on the pins of the connector you mentioned but made no difference. I too forget which eprom it is that stores the code but at least that is easily found out. If someone thinks that by modifying the dump might help then I would be very thankful for a modified dump.. Many thanks