PDA

View Full Version : No Channels found

enjoliveur
29th September, 2009, 06:01 PM
Hello,
I just received my ipbox with a dual DVB-C receiver.
It seems to work all right except from receiving no channels.

I connected it to the cable tv outlet (numericable), to the TV and powered it on.
It seems to be working OK, I can play Pong for example :D.
But when I get to do a Channel Scan I get "No Channels found"

For example with my old cable tv tuner I had to enter a frequency and a network number before the Channel Scan would start.
Do I have to enter these data somewhere?
Are they somehow related to Frequency/Symbol Rate?
I tried putting the frequency and some Symbol Rate but it said something like frequency incorrect

Am I doing something wrong?
Any ideas?

enjoliveur
30th September, 2009, 07:25 AM
Well, this morning all of a sudden it started counting channels!:cheer:

In total despair I tried a multi region scan and lo! France is not in the "Western EU" region.
I don't know (yet) in what region it lies (Slovak, Holland or Germany) but it's *not* in "Western EU"
I'll check in later with the details

aftermath
5th October, 2009, 06:03 PM
try installing Enigma 2, then you can enter your symbol rate for your area, then scan manually in steps of 100

enjoliveur
6th October, 2009, 07:48 AM
I will consider that later, for now I just scanned "all regions". It gives you a lot of crap which you have to delete.
Awkward way of working but at least it works

I think it's weird that such a nice machine comes with such horrible documentation and weird it is that the first thing people tell you to solve a problem is to change the firmware ...

capillum
22nd October, 2009, 08:27 PM
aftermath, still trying to pull bits of information out from the forum about this box and you seem like the font of knowledge(!)... is installing enigma2 good for dvb-c viewing? (or is it solely sat?)

i am in UK ... and am looking to get a dvb-c HD box that does PVR... will this box do the trick w enigma2??

is there a particularly good image available for cable that you could recommend? as i dont have my box yet i cannot test but i was guessing that all the images for dvb-s have cable features built in too? - not seen anything to back this up.

also was wondering what does the NLB stand for!!? as i cant find the full decoded acronym in the forum anywhere for this image!

many thanks for any response in the right direction....

aftermath
22nd October, 2009, 08:45 PM
aftermath, still trying to pull bits of information out from the forum about this box and you seem like the font of knowledge(!)... is installing enigma2 good for dvb-c viewing? (or is it solely sat?)

i am in UK ... and am looking to get a dvb-c HD box that does PVR... will this box do the trick w enigma2??

is there a particularly good image available for cable that you could recommend? as i dont have my box yet i cannot test but i was guessing that all the images for dvb-s have cable features built in too? - not seen anything to back this up.

also was wondering what does the NLB stand for!!? as i cant find the full decoded acronym in the forum anywhere for this image!

many thanks for any response in the right direction....
i would recommend the latest PKT e2 image 0.6.0 it has the latest video fixes so you get a much better picture than previous images.

You can use it for dvb-c but needs a manual scan, not like DGS based images that already made to just scan automatically , but the manual scan is easy anyway.

NLB in NLB images stands for No Limits Board

capillum
22nd October, 2009, 09:37 PM
...thats an awesome tip ;) will look in to this more, seems like a great start point!

Thanks again aftermath!