PDA

View Full Version : Test Equipment advice before buying

ataclaith
29th September, 2009, 06:29 PM
Hi all,
I?m an independent garage and am looking at buying a new diagnostic test equipment and was wondering what systems you would recommend I would require something that would be able to read fault codes on all makes for ECU?s, ABS systems, Airbag Systems, be able to carry out basic settings of Throttle body?s, reset service lights and be able to turn off electronic brake systems such as VW/ Audi & Merc
Any suggestions would be great
Thanks in advance

BazT
29th September, 2009, 08:00 PM
Hi ataclaith

There is no one tool that will do all you need, I use Autodiagnos for most euro cars and Multiscan for jap cars. I also use Vcds (vag-com) and Vaux-com.
Multiscan is a realy good tool for non euro cars. Autodiagnos was the bees knees but its dropped off a little since they drooped the purchase price. Launch seams to have good coverage and they have some good deals at the mo. I use to run Bosch KTS but wasn't impressed by the coverage and it was timebombed where you pay for updates or it stops working and becomes a door stop (that is until digital-kaos came along with the bosch programs).

BazT

sparkytech
29th September, 2009, 08:46 PM
Hi, I would recommend Launch for it's wide coverage of makes, I also use Vag-com, vaux-com & Peugeot Planet/Lexia for more indepth diagnostics on specific makes.

Depends on what makes you work on most but if I had a single choice it would be the Launch.

Hope this helps.

rocris
29th September, 2009, 09:02 PM
Hi ataclaith

There is no one tool that will do all you need, I use Autodiagnos for most euro cars and Multiscan for jap cars. I also use Vcds (vag-com) and Vaux-com.
Multiscan is a realy good tool for non euro cars. Autodiagnos was the bees knees but its dropped off a little since they drooped the purchase price. Launch seams to have good coverage and they have some good deals at the mo. I use to run Bosch KTS but wasn't impressed by the coverage and it was timebombed where you pay for updates or it stops working and becomes a door stop (that is until digital-kaos came along with the bosch programs).

BazT
Hi, bosch kts is really good tool as universal diagnose tool because many updates can be find free over internet