PDA

View Full Version : What tool for reading vw immo and coding keys

jimspeed
3rd March, 2017, 07:20 PM
We sell a lot of skoda and vw cars and would appreciate being able to read the pin codes and program new keys in as we always sell the cars with 2 keys and at the moment have to pay an auto lock Smith to do this.
Any recommendations
Thanks jim

camelgd
3rd March, 2017, 10:55 PM
Really?.... You come on a locksmith forum, want someone to tell you what tool to use, to take away work from the very people you are asking! Don't be surprised if you do not get any help here, on a LOCKSMITH Forum.

newone
4th March, 2017, 12:56 AM
at least he is honest...

rola1971
4th March, 2017, 11:23 AM
We sell a lot of skoda and vw cars and would appreciate being able to read the pin codes and program new keys in as we always sell the cars with 2 keys and at the moment have to pay an auto lock Smith to do this.
Any recommendations
Thanks jim

buy supervag and you happy

camelgd
4th March, 2017, 01:58 PM
at least he is honest...

Honest? You realize he is a used car salesman...

shafo
4th March, 2017, 02:08 PM

ROLMFAO:rofl:

newone
4th March, 2017, 02:20 PM
i read his post...he could say he is a new locksmith but he didnt,so i give him that

obdsystems
4th March, 2017, 04:29 PM
Look through the forum - we locksmiths can't stop you.

The best kit is still genuine Abritus in my view which would cost you more than paying odd key to a locksmith.

And personally think it's better to stick to selling cars, and leave the business of keys to a professional.

KILL_THE_IMMO
4th March, 2017, 05:09 PM
saleman-----------------------locksmith
home builder------------------ locksmith
taxi driver-------------------- locksmith
-
-
-
find the relation?

yugo45
5th March, 2017, 03:11 AM
Simple solution make you buyer of vehicle to pay for key and all happy, you , buyer and locksmith .

By the time you invest money in good tool ( 2000-3000 euros), and learn how to do this it will cost you 5x more then pay someone who does it all day every day this.
It is not just tool what you need, it is long way knowledge , and that comes first.

super jumbe
5th March, 2017, 12:55 PM
Rumours most new cars coming out is going to be the end of locksmith business, electric cars with fingerprints recognitions no key and no smart keys only the owner able to start the car, if he dies you need to take it to dealers for re programming.

yugo45
5th March, 2017, 05:33 PM
if he dies you need to take it to dealers for re programming.

Simple solution , Cut his finger when he die :rofl::rofl::rofl:

camelgd
5th March, 2017, 06:50 PM
Rumours most new cars coming out is going to be the end of locksmith business, electric cars with fingerprints recognitions no key and no smart keys only the owner able to start the car, if he dies you need to take it to dealers for re programming.

I believe strongly in the Law of Unintended Consequences,also known as "I didn't see that coming". Electronics fail, batteries fail, mechanical by-pass will be around for a while longer.Yes,this website is a testament to the trend you are talking about,but the change will be gradual enough that old fogies like me will have retired long since.:biggrin:

super jumbe
5th March, 2017, 07:15 PM
You do not need to be just lock smith you need to be mechanic as well, at the moment every thing is connected to ecu for coding, keys, dash, immobox, ecu, abs, gearbox, steering motor, etc, I could not figure is this for securities reasons when you are able to pick any car keys by applying to dvla for lock book in your name without owners concert!!!http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/roflmao.gif

jimspeed
5th March, 2017, 10:40 PM
To be fair I'm not a used car salesman I'm a car technician and my boss has asked me to look into saving the firm some money and the inconvenience of waiting on 3rd parties as locksmiths appear to be about as reliable as plumbers at the moment. I'm not after cutting my own keys just the ability to program them once cut.

p1et
5th March, 2017, 11:00 PM
To be fair I'm not a used car salesman I'm a car technician and my boss has asked me to look into saving the firm some money and the inconvenience of waiting on 3rd parties as locksmiths appear to be about as reliable as plumbers at the moment. I'm not after cutting my own keys just the ability to program them once cut.

Hahah, you made my day :D. For VW and Skoda check Superkey 5, it is really good tool and the price is very affordable. Or VVDI2, then you can do newer Audi also

paul_12345
5th March, 2017, 11:17 PM

spend a few months reading and you might learn the basics.

obdsystems
6th March, 2017, 10:25 AM
about to get expensive again to do Golf 7 etc.

One good thing about this business are the 'goal posts' keep moving. The kit we have today won't last

geeroam
8th March, 2017, 04:48 PM
yep and while you are learning you might kill cluster or 2, then you might have to call plumbers for help:burnout:

Jimmy07
16th December, 2018, 08:40 PM
Wish it was as easy as most people think. I went into this game with the idea of buying a decent key cutter and a key programmer. £20k later I’ve now resigned myself to another £20k spend to bring me up to scratch. As everyone on here knows 1 tool will only cover so much then if you hit a problem out comes the next bit of kit and perhaps the next. It’s a minefield of knowledge and technology. Any dealers I know prefer to let locksmiths do the work for the simple fact is if a car is bagged the lockie is responsible but I suppose it’s up to any individual to weigh up the pros and cons

TERMINATOR1000
16th December, 2018, 10:45 PM
FVDI 2018 + VAG K CAN + Vagtacho USB Version V 5.0

and an good VAG Immo Bypass for expatriate car to local VW dealer