PDA

View Full Version : Audi Mechanical Key Code

bonecrusher
29th September, 2009, 09:17 PM
Hello
I am working on an Audi A3 2007my.My cust has lost all the keys.I gave my dealer the vin number and asked them for the mechanical key code,they do not want to give it to me.

Is there a way, other than the dealer to get the mechanical key code so that I can get the key cut get it programmed.

smirnoff_rules
29th September, 2009, 09:24 PM
your customer has to do it thats all

gofo
29th September, 2009, 09:56 PM
Even Audi dealer doesnt know or see the code, car needs to be connected to VAS and the internet to download the Key Codes, this method is for the cars 2005 and up..

bonecrusher
29th September, 2009, 10:08 PM
I just want to confirm I only want the mechanical code to cut a key ,does it still need to be hooked up to vas system just for the mechanical key code

smirnoff_rules
29th September, 2009, 10:20 PM
for all they know your a car thief ? thats way its like this m8 years ago in birmingham there was a polish lads thats was just taking down regs and his m8 in poland at an agent was sending him the keys

bonecrusher
29th September, 2009, 10:29 PM
OK.thanks for the info.Great Now I have to get a flatbed just to get it too the stealership.

smirnoff_rules
29th September, 2009, 10:30 PM
u know wot they say ,,, never buy a car with one key , and if u do get one cut straight away

bonecrusher
29th September, 2009, 10:39 PM
Yep good advice right there.I am sure my cust will never forget that.

Alex789
30th September, 2009, 10:55 AM
Hello
I am working on an Audi A3 2007my.My cust has lost all the keys.I gave my dealer the vin number and asked them for the mechanical key code,they do not want to give it to me.

Is there a way, other than the dealer to get the mechanical key code so that I can get the key cut get it programmed.

Other way is to dismantle ignition lock and prepare mechanically key. It's not a big problem for professionals (who duplicating key for customers).

Liteace
30th September, 2009, 11:21 AM
Our VAG dealer hasnt got the key cutting machine, you buy the key from them with the code then have to take it to a sewing machine, yes a sewing machine shop where they cuts the key for you

PierreTheron
18th June, 2011, 09:09 AM
Hi

Here by us you take them to Laundry shop or Shoe repair shop to get them cut.

Cheers:beer::beer::roflmao:

gtmech
18th June, 2011, 09:34 AM
Yep good advice right there.I am sure my cust will never forget that.

my customers dont buddy, they lose all keys and come in to me to make them another and they say they cant afford 2 so they will just have 1. two months or so later......guess what?

gtmech
18th June, 2011, 09:36 AM
Hi

Here by us you take them to Laundry shop or Shoe repair shop to get them cut.

Cheers:beer::beer::roflmao:

your joking right?

v8 dave
18th June, 2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah, in the UK we have Timpsons the shoe repairers. They also do key cutting, but ask them for an HU66 by code and they look at you like you just asked for a go on their wife :(

gtmech
19th June, 2011, 02:11 AM
Yeah, in the UK we have Timpsons the shoe repairers. They also do key cutting, but ask them for an HU66 by code and they look at you like you just asked for a go on their wife :(

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

whiskeyman
19th June, 2011, 07:49 PM
one word.............lishi

look it up

autofan1965
19th June, 2011, 08:39 PM
Hello

Remember that You need except working mechanical key, properly precoded transponder. What engine inside?

PierreTheron
19th June, 2011, 10:09 PM
your joking right?

Will take photo for you next time i go there and post it as proof.
:laugh::laugh:

scs-mem
19th June, 2011, 10:09 PM
Remember that You need except working mechanical key, properly precoded transponder. What engine inside?

You are off topic.

bonecrusher had posted in 2009 year
:-)

ninja123
19th June, 2011, 10:45 PM
my customers dont buddy, they lose all keys and come in to me to make them another and they say they cant afford 2 so they will just have 1. two months or so later......guess what?

Ha Ha HA! I love it:laugh: