PDA

View Full Version : Bricked my ECU

slickkon
5th March, 2017, 07:37 AM
Hi all, driving a Fiat Bravo 1,4tjet. Was flashig with Kess V2 China clone, write completed, now car doesnt start. Fuel pump doesnt activate when key turned to ACC, car cranks but doesnt start (obviously, no fuel). I think i have officially bricked my ECU.

My question is i hope fellow members can help:

I tried ECU swap with another Fiat Bravo (same model), fuel pump comes on when key turned to ACC. Car cranks but doesnt start. Im guessing its the immobilizer.

I have managed to source a replacement ECU (USED part, from another car, same ECU model), but hope others can share what are the potential problems with immobilizer and solution to get car up and running again?

Thank you all kind souls!

ECU: Bosch 0261 201 687

kind regards,
Mat

slickkon
5th March, 2017, 11:20 AM
Hi, anyone help please? I have ECU being shipped into my country as we speak. Just want to ask about the procedure to remove immobilizer from new ECU?or reprogram new ECU to old immobilizer?

morgano
5th March, 2017, 11:48 AM
Why not flash back your original ecu with the backup you read before making mods and write?

Or maybe you flashed a file downloaded from the internet not made from your ecu read?

slickkon
5th March, 2017, 12:05 PM
Hi Friend, thank you for reply. ECU unresponsive on bench, cannot put in bootmode thats why. I may have fried it during connection to bench power supply, thats why bought a new ECU. any way to disable immobilizer? or reprogram the current immobilizer on my car?

morgano
5th March, 2017, 08:34 PM
Swap eeprom from fried ecu with the one you are expectingn to arrive.

slickkon
5th March, 2017, 09:30 PM
thank you friend, i will try to post a picture later? mayne you can help me ID the eeprom? from my memory it is ST 95160? is this correct?

Tes1a
5th March, 2017, 09:57 PM
thank you friend, i will try to post a picture later? mayne you can help me ID the eeprom? from my memory it is ST 95160? is this correct?

are u check what diagnostic say any dtc?

slickkon
5th March, 2017, 10:10 PM
Hi Friend, i am not sure what is DTC. how do i check this?

edit: i just check meaning of DTC. My OBD reader cannot access/detect ECU, i think it may be dead or i may shorted when connecting the ECU to Kess V2 bench.

slickkon
8th March, 2017, 03:10 PM
Hi Friends, can someone please help me? which is immobiliser chip i have to transfer to the new ECU? I attach image for reference.

Many many thanks!

ominimi
8th March, 2017, 03:23 PM
swap the 95160 eeprom

slickkon
8th March, 2017, 03:38 PM
Thank you Ominimi, so i have 4 choices correct?

1) swap the 95160 chip hardware to the new ECU
2) extract 95160 chip data and write into 95160 chip in new ECU
3) Find IMMO off .BIN and write on the new ECU?
4) Find virgin .BIN and write to 95160 chip on new ECU?

pulsar2000
8th March, 2017, 03:41 PM
Thank you Ominimi, so i have 4 choices correct?

1) swap the 95160 chip hardware to the new ECU
2) extract 95160 chip data and write into 95160 chip in new ECU
3) Find IMMO off .BIN and write on the new ECU?
4) Find virgin .BIN and write to 95160 chip on new ECU?

simple, if you can read eeprom read it, then write to new ecu,
or desolder and resolder to new ecu,
dont mess about with virgin or immo,
takes no time to do the above, car starts , lesson learned

slickkon
8th March, 2017, 03:52 PM
simple, if you can read eeprom read it, then write to new ecu,
or desolder and resolder to new ecu,
dont mess about with virgin or immo,
takes no time to do the above, car starts , lesson learned

Thumbs up! simple and sweet.