PDA

View Full Version : SMART 450

HLEKTRONIO
5th March, 2017, 11:33 AM
Hi everyone,
If i post in wrong Category please the admins transfer to the correct Category.

I had to fix a SMART that ECU , SAM and Instrument cluster and other parts destroyed from water (Flood).
I bought a second hand set of ECU , SAM and Cluster and need to change the VIN number to all of them in order to match with the car.
I dont need to remove immo because the set has its keys.

When i read the instruments EEPROM 93c66 with the programmer i receive the info reversed.
After i change the Cluster Vin to the existing of the car do i have to swap the bytes before i write back to EEPROM?

At ECU the vin number is stored only at 24c02 EEPROM or at other part also?
The ECU is BOSCH 001 0020 V001.
Does anyone have any foto of the board of the ECU sowing the 24c02?

At SAM I read the MC9S12DG256 and see that the VIN stored at FLASH in two positions so i change them too.

Are there other parts that stored and i have to change?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

volismb
6th March, 2017, 11:14 PM
Lots of question you got :)
After you edit the cluster you should write it again the sane way that you read it
in the ECU the vin is stored inside 24c02 eeprom only
If you have already done the SAM this means there are no other positions

audiomeca
7th March, 2017, 12:43 AM
sam is in eeprom not in flash and vin is protected, need change chesckum

HLEKTRONIO
7th March, 2017, 03:00 PM
Volismb and audiomeca thanks for replying.
As first timer i had a lot of questions and unfortunately i caused a lot of problems..........:(

At instrument cluster i read the 93c66 as 8 BIT i reverse the bytes so i can read the Old VIN correctly , i replace it with the new one, reverse the bytes again and rewrite the EEPROM.

At ECU at the 24c02 i replaced the numbers after the WME and rewrite to EEPROM .

At SAM unit i read with XProgM the MC9s12dg256C EEPROM .i found the old VIN Number at 2 addresses, replaced it and rewrite the EEPROM .

After done all the above i put the units in place.....the car start but the instrument's display Flashing and when connect the car at diagnose i get the VIN at the Cluster in wrong order and at ECU i get - - - -

Dont know what gone wrong.

audiomeca i didnt knew about protection.

Any suggestions are welcome even in PM.

audiomeca
9th March, 2017, 11:26 PM
the vin in sam is not ok correct, not plain text!!! , need change vin checksun in sam,

regards

HLEKTRONIO
11th March, 2017, 03:56 PM
Thank you audiomeca i will check it.