PDA

View Full Version : PS3 V XBOX

stuboy66
29th September, 2009, 11:10 PM
I am going to buy my son an upgrade from his ps2, but which is better ps3 or xbox

smirnoff_rules
29th September, 2009, 11:12 PM
xbox all day m8 ,, u cant chip a ps3 and they only have a years warranty , xbox is 3 years

stuboy66
29th September, 2009, 11:14 PM
thanks , does the new slimline ps3 have 1 year guarantee also?

stuboy66
29th September, 2009, 11:20 PM
what xbox would i buy , 360? elite? whats best?

smirnoff_rules
29th September, 2009, 11:21 PM
a standard xbox with harddrive is all u need m8 they all have hdmi cables now

stuboy66
29th September, 2009, 11:22 PM
ok m8 thats great , thanks for your advice.

Raven
30th September, 2009, 03:01 PM
Xbox 360 is all well and good, no doubt, but you'll be forever paying for extra bits n pieces which are required not to mention it's the most faulty console ever....

Also the PS3 is much more reliable, especially the Slim, can be upgraded easily (and cheaply) as it uses universally standard things like laptop hard drives and usb cable pad chargers...it's a lot more powerful overall than the 360, it can do a hell of a lot more than the Xbox can and it's a blu ray player as well - and it's a lot quieter than the 360 is. Oh and it's got built in wi-fi and internet browser unlike the 360 which has to be paid extra if you want wi-fi - even so the 360 doesn't have an internet browser or blu ray capability at all....you can also rip avi files to your PS3 hard drive very easily too, so you can watch all your favorite tv shows and films if you want locally without having to bother to stream them. Another thing the 360 cannot do right there is ripping movies to the hard drive....

But ultimately, the PS3 is dearer, however you do get what you pay for, and as you are buying it for you son I'd ask him which one he wants.... because the fact is anybody that has an Xbox 360 will say buy an Xbox 360, people who have a PS3 will say buy a PS3 - I have both, and I'm just pointing out a few facts about both machines....

It's true you cannot hack the PS3 to play copied games, but there's no need to given how cheap games are pre owned nowadays and an original always beats a copy anyhow.....still something to consider.....Xbox Live is fantastic but again it's more expenditure as it's a subscription service, PS3 online is totally free and it works very well though not as convenient as Xbox Live but again you get what you pay for.

Basically consider this as counter balance of factual information to help you make up your own mind on which one to buy - because as I said people that have PS3 or Xbox 360 will always say to buy the one that they have, or the one that they prefer - and you being unsure about which one to buy, need all the facts regarding both sides of the coin before you commit to a purchase.

One thing I forgot to mention is that your son is upgrading from a PS2 - so it might be wise for him to get a PS3 because the library of game types are very similar on the PS3 as they were on PS2, it's kind of hard to explain but a lot of the games your son probably has on PS2 the sequels to which may only be available on the PS3 - Metal Gear Solid for one probable example.

I hope this helps, m8. :)

dazza78
1st October, 2009, 09:23 AM
if you want to pay to play online m8 then buy a xbox !!

the best console around is the ps3

fair enough you cant chip it, but is that really a reason not to buy 1????????
we get enough free (chipped) stuff , so just get the ps3 as its well worth it even though you do have to buy your own games , the quality compared to an xbox is amazeing

plus you wont need to buy a blueray player as the ps3 is built in

but each to their own , its your choice m8

let us know which your gonna get

dazza

ManofScience
1st October, 2009, 09:51 AM
PS3 online gaming is free, xbox isn't - also a consideration.

tommycee
1st October, 2009, 02:46 PM
I would say buy a ps3 just sold my xbox 360 because the ps3 is by far the more superior console

sykes
1st October, 2009, 03:36 PM
ps3 is the daddy

mikebrown283
1st July, 2010, 03:57 AM
I love ps3

andy1weir
1st July, 2010, 11:17 PM
well tbh i ha dboth consoles, had the ps3 40gb and the slim 120gb ,loved the ps3 to bits but was always on xbox as the online side of things is much better, ps3 and xbox graphicvs in my opinion are just the same, but of course you will get fanboys who say one or hte other is better

karlpowell
8th July, 2010, 03:53 PM
I have both , and i have to say Xbox wins hands down .
i love the bbc iplayer on the ps3 but the online experience is utter garbage, the xbox has sky player but you have to be a sky subscriber to use it .

as for the web I.F. on the ps3 , its shite who the hell wants to surf the web with a joy pad ? its just as bad on the dreambox .

for me the xbox is MY gaming machine and the ps3 is my blueray player and BBC iplayer .

karl

johnfox1
11th July, 2010, 05:54 AM
I think that if you had sony ps2 in the first place, then you should stay with it, since 90percent of all games are bi-se... bi-stational, and older games from ps2 are compatible :) plus free online and free blu-ray.

karlpowell
12th July, 2010, 03:05 PM
I think that if you had sony ps2 in the first place, then you should stay with it, since 90percent of all games are bi-se... bi-stational, and older games from ps2 are compatible :) plus free online and free blu-ray.

Arrrr is that true of all PS3 's ...I thought only the fat 60gig would do backward compat ??

greg38
13th August, 2010, 09:21 PM
I have both , and i have to say Xbox wins hands down .
i love the bbc iplayer on the ps3 but the online experience is utter garbage, the xbox has sky player but you have to be a sky subscriber to use it .

as for the web I.F. on the ps3 , its shite who the hell wants to surf the web with a joy pad ? its just as bad on the dreambox .

for me the xbox is MY gaming machine and the ps3 is my blueray player and BBC iplayer .

karl

Yes, i have both and for me is Xbox gaming maschine too.

rdenis
13th August, 2010, 10:37 PM
I hate the fanboys on both sides. Its like watching the US congress...

fukinavit
15th August, 2010, 07:18 AM
PS3 all the way, i have the the 80gb older one and the newer slim one, (old one is better, plays ps2 games, linux compatable, 4 sd slots and 4 usb slots, the slim one is cheaper for a reason) I use them mainly to stream movies and stuff from my pc to my tv both upstairs and down. Absolutely love them, i have heard that the online gaming for xbox is awesome, so if thats gonna be your sons main area then get one, otherwise the PS3 is the better machine.

ruben_17non
15th August, 2010, 01:40 PM
I have the ps3, and I'm happy with it, although we have removed the function "other os"
and you can not hack,
It has bluray, which is a good place for
http://www.google.com/images/cleardot.gif

shaqs77
19th August, 2010, 03:47 PM
ive got both. online play is alot better on the 360, but ps3 is quieter and has a bluray player. so i suppose the ps3 is more versetile.

ask ur son what he wants.

nasatwoburn
25th August, 2010, 02:24 AM
If you want unreliable system then by all means take the 3 years warranty and the 360. You want absolute best in gaming then get PS3. If your kids are young then get Wii :)

frickerd
25th August, 2010, 06:55 PM
iv got both had the 360 since 2005 had a small time playing my ps3 when i got it but now its just a dust magnet over all imo the 360 the better games console and with its with is its online service :boxing:

griff
25th August, 2010, 10:24 PM
i have both and bottom line is u want to watch bluray get a ps3 or u want to play games get a xbox

beatstreet
25th August, 2010, 11:16 PM
Ps3 for me.
Its a 3D games machine and a blu ray player with free online.

Eightball74
11th September, 2010, 11:18 PM
I prefer the PS3 as it is a good media center plus the attraction of bluray.

griff
12th September, 2010, 11:52 AM
If you want unreliable system then by all means take the 3 years warranty and the 360. You want absolute best in gaming then get PS3. If your kids are young then get Wii :)

best in gaming haha when did that happen ??

jackmcright
21st September, 2010, 04:29 PM
go for ps3 with fw 3.21 below since ps3 dev has just started

josh279
21st September, 2010, 07:05 PM
Can I just point out the first post asking which he should get was a year ago.

He's probably made up his mind by now

beats2006
21st September, 2010, 07:10 PM
My be worth finding out what consoles the kids friends have, no good him having a ps3 if all his pals are going to be on xbox live!
Personal preference is 360.

relo2k
22nd September, 2010, 10:47 AM
Why are these people saying xbox is better?

you only say that because xbox came out before the ps3 so you purchasded that and got stuck with it. now you have to claim it to be the best.

firstly lets mention xbox has so many problems. because it is in fact microsoft which is a computer, and who doesnt have a computer with no faults.

why on earth do you think they give 3 years warranty? because it more likely to cause fault. and they will try and say it was user fault and not manufacturers fault which gives u all the more hassle.

xbox to play online u have to pay. while on ps3 its abslutely free.

some people say xbox you can chip it, and ps3 u cant, thats true, but if this guy is buying it for his kid. will his kid really be in the mind to chip a console if its his father here not even sure which one to buy, do you think they are bothered or know about these things to tilt their decisions? erm dont think so.

the ps3 is much better, better graphics and games, yes it more expensive but when you decise to move on to the next playstation like ps4 you will be able to sell the ps3 and get alot more money that if you were to resell your xbox.

so if you want a free online awsome console get a ps3.
if you want another computer with problems and pay to go online get the CHEAP (and why is it cheap) get the xbox.

karlpowell
23rd September, 2010, 03:19 PM
Why are these people saying xbox is better?

you only say that because xbox came out before the ps3 so you purchasded that and got stuck with it. now you have to claim it to be the best.
NO i say that and I own both and the xbox is much better games machine

firstly lets mention xbox has so many problems. because it is in fact microsoft which is a computer, and who doesnt have a computer with no faults.
search ebay for ps3 ylod , more xbox units sold = more hardware fail , ps3 is no angel..... are you saying the ps3 is not a computer??????????

why on earth do you think they give 3 years warranty? because it more likely to cause fault. and they will try and say it was user fault and not manufacturers fault which gives u all the more hassle.
Bet all those people with failing hardware wish they bought an xbox to get there hardware changed instead of owning a door stop thats just over a year 2 years old, the sooner sony admit there hardware is faulty the better , and dont get me started on the blue-ray drive.

xbox to play online u have to pay. while on ps3 its abslutely free.
PSN is **** , you pay for xblive for a reason.

Karl

relo2k
23rd September, 2010, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=karlpowell;777846]NO i say that and I own both and the xbox is much better games machine

----yeah so does everyone else in this world own both too. its easy saying it to show off. but really lets face it you dont own both.

search ebay for ps3 ylod , more xbox units sold = more hardware fail , ps3 is no angel..... are you saying the ps3 is not a computer??????????

----i did not say no error with ps3, no console is perfect. i did mean that xbox has alot more fault with it. no ps3 is not a pc. yes all parts are similar but it doesnt function like the MICROSOFT xbox.

Bet all those people with failing hardware wish they bought an xbox to get there hardware changed instead of owning a door stop thats just over a year 2 years old, the sooner sony admit there hardware is faulty the better , and dont get me started on the blue-ray drive.

ps3 failure rate is at a small 3% of over 40million consoles. and xbox with 15% faulty with just under 38million sold. we dont need 3 years, ps3 if it goes faultry will do in the first year, to need 3 years it means microsoft are aware it can go faulty after even 2 years lolol

yeah you pay for it because if you didnt you cudnt play online, u pay for it cos you are gullable. i have better experience for free.

i have about 8 close friends 2 of them have x box, the rest ps3.

im afraid thats the percentage everywhere for a reason.

karlpowell
23rd September, 2010, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=karlpowell;777846]NO i say that and I own both and the xbox is much better games machine

----yeah so does everyone else in this world own both too. its easy saying it to show off. but really lets face it you dont own both.

----i did not say no error with ps3, no console is perfect. i did mean that xbox has alot more fault with it. no ps3 is not a pc. yes all parts are similar but it doesnt function like the MICROSOFT xbox.

ps3 failure rate is at a small 3% of over 40million consoles. and xbox with 15% faulty with just under 38million sold. we dont need 3 years, ps3 if it goes faultry will do in the first year, to need 3 years it means microsoft are aware it can go faulty after even 2 years lolol

yeah you pay for it because if you didnt you cudnt play online, u pay for it cos you are gullable. i have better experience for free.

i have about 8 close friends 2 of them have x box, the rest ps3.

im afraid thats the percentage everywhere for a reason.

psn tag = moooshooo
xbl tag = moooshooo

your more than welcome to add me matey :)

relo2k
24th September, 2010, 06:40 PM
No thank you.