PDA

View Full Version : odometer correction little problem

mvtamele
30th September, 2009, 01:23 AM
hi people i got a toyota raum to correct mileage and i went to Toyota Raum speedometer repair pictures toyota odometer pics (http://tachosoft.com/pics/toyotaraum.htm) to see the eeprom location and i saw that i must connect 12volts + and -
my question is i must use the car batteries or can i use power supplier regulated to 12volts?

sorry for my english

j0mama
30th September, 2009, 06:28 AM
Every car I have ever done, i've never connected power while programming. I think the power diagram is for you to test the cluster before/after programming, not during. I use a regulated 12V power supply on my bench to test odometers.

Hope this helps.

j.

mvtamele
30th September, 2009, 06:51 AM
Every car I have ever done, i've never connected power while programming. I think the power diagram is for you to test the cluster before/after programming, not during. I use a regulated 12V power supply on my bench to test odometers.

Hope this helps.

j.
did you do in circuit system programming in these cars?

j0mama
30th September, 2009, 04:54 PM
In circuit? I usually pull the 93Cxx chip off the board, but a bunch of times for most Toyotas I use a clip, and make sure jump any crystal on the board.

j.

rsibiza
4th November, 2009, 07:02 PM
In circuit? I usually pull the 93Cxx chip off the board, but a bunch of times for most Toyotas I use a clip, and make sure jump any crystal on the board.

j.

Dont think this i in circuit.

You have to take a regulatet powersupply.

No car Batterie,no car batteri charger

Regards

tima
4th November, 2009, 08:09 PM
I use an old car battery which seems to work fine.

What is the best website or software to view pin out diagrams for clusters?

rsibiza
4th November, 2009, 10:59 PM
I use an old car battery which seems to work fine.

What is the best website or software to view pin out diagrams for clusters?

For which brands and models?

Will see tomorrow evening to upload some pdf from diga consult user manual.

:trytofly:

cascais
2nd September, 2010, 07:14 PM
on 93cxx you thont need to take the eeprom you can do directly