PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes W203 2001 FOB Key Dead - copy?

abdulsattar
8th March, 2017, 08:23 PM
Hi folks,

i have a w203 220cdi yr2001 in my shop. Problem with this car is that it was left outside for nearly a year because it wasnt starting. i repaired it and car starts ok now (problem with fuel lines).

but i have a problem with the fob keys left: both keys seem to be dead. they wont lock or unlock the car by remote. if you put them into ignition lock both work just fine, no problem with ezs or immo. neither of the keys is blinking with the little red led when pressing a key. i replaced battery and checked battery housing already and it looks ok to me.

does anybody know how to repair this FBS3 Key? Is there a cheap programmer which is able to programm new mercedes key? i was thinking of the chinese clone keys for benz. can you recommend these?

Any help will be highly appreciated
thanks in advance friends

daxxer
8th March, 2017, 08:36 PM
why you need so quickly repair keys, when is there almost sure not any problem ???
did you test both keys with some remote tester, when send wireless signal or not ???
did you check car side, when is there with antena for gains signal all okey ???
antena ? power amplifier ? SAM ? :listen:

autodigitec
8th March, 2017, 08:48 PM
First step, like daxxer said, even if the LED doesn't light up test on Radio Frequency tester/reader/detector.

exotictoys
9th March, 2017, 02:28 AM
have you check the contact points where the battery points touches the board in the key? sometimes those contacts needs a little prying so they make proper contact with the board. if the led is not blinking could be because they board is not getting power.

abdulsattar
12th March, 2017, 05:48 PM
hi guys, thanks for your answers, battery contact points on PCB are ok! i put a little layer of solder onto it. Both keys arent working, tested it with remote tester. Car side seems to be ok. SAM seems to be working fine. I dont know anything about Antenna or power amplifier. where can i find them?

cutiutza
30th November, 2017, 02:45 PM
hello i need virgin my file on 29f800bb on ecu simens in mercedes w203 1.8 compresor benzin,please..i will atach files and ecu series A2711531679