PDA

View Full Version : dm500s

pervez
30th July, 2008, 07:13 PM
I succeeded to flash the dm500s and also I fixed the desiq now I can install 2 lnbs c band and ku band. Further step is to connect the box I am still trying to do but failed need help

krazylegz
1st August, 2008, 11:05 AM
what do you mean "connect the box?"

pervez
6th August, 2008, 11:48 AM
what do you mean "connect the box?"

Thanks sir, slow slow I am getting some success. Now I want to know how to use FlashFxp. I am confused from where I download the files and how to transfer to dm this section looks complicated for me. Could u please help me

krazylegz
6th August, 2008, 12:44 PM
lol no bother m8.

i'm persuming your dreambox is either connected to a router or you have a crossover rj45 lead and are just stuck with transfering the files, if not give me a shout and i'll tell you how to connect to your box

download and install flash fxp, a trial version will do if you dont have a cracked version.

download what files you want ie keys/emus/addons etc. extract them using winrar to a place on your pc/laptop, ie, desktop.

1)get the ip of your dreambox by pressing menu->setup->expertsetup->communication setup.
2)start flashfxp and you'll see there is a left and right side to the screen.
3)on the left hand side along the top of the window (just below options,comands,tools etc) you'll see some boxes, make sure the last box on the left hand side has a little picture or a pc and folder behind it, if not click on it and it will appear.
4)on the righhand side a little along from the lightening bolt again the very last box you should see a picture of a pc with a world behind it, if not click on it.
5) now on the lefthand side click on the folders to navigate to where the files are that you downloaded.
6)on the righthand side click on the lightening bolt and enter your dreambox details eg.

service or url: (your dreambox ip) eg 192.168.1.124
user name: root
password : dreambox (these are usually the default loging details unless stated in image write up or been changed)

7)if you logged in to dreambox ok you'll see lots of folders like /bin /var etc
8)click on the place you want to put files ie keys go in var/keys
9)once in correct folders use the left hand side and the file/s you wish to transfer right click on them and select transfer.

hope this helps m8

pervez
6th August, 2008, 07:53 PM
lol no bother m8.

i'm persuming your dreambox is either connected to a router or you have a crossover rj45 lead and are just stuck with transfering the files, if not give me a shout and i'll tell you how to connect to your box

download and install flash fxp, a trial version will do if you dont have a cracked version.

download what files you want ie keys/emus/addons etc. extract them using winrar to a place on your pc/laptop, ie, desktop.

1)get the ip of your dreambox by pressing menu->setup->expertsetup->communication setup.
2)start flashfxp and you'll see there is a left and right side to the screen.
3)on the left hand side along the top of the window (just below options,comands,tools etc) you'll see some boxes, make sure the last box on the left hand side has a little picture or a pc and folder behind it, if not click on it and it will appear.
4)on the righhand side a little along from the lightening bolt again the very last box you should see a picture of a pc with a world behind it, if not click on it.
5) now on the lefthand side click on the folders to navigate to where the files are that you downloaded.
6)on the righthand side click on the lightening bolt and enter your dreambox details eg.

service or url: (your dreambox ip) eg 192.168.1.124
user name: root
password : dreambox (these are usually the default loging details unless stated in image write up or been changed)

7)if you logged in to dreambox ok you'll see lots of folders like /bin /var etc
8)click on the place you want to put files ie keys go in var/keys
9)once in correct folders use the left hand side and the file/s you wish to transfer right click on them and select transfer.

hope this helps m8

Thanks lot. I am going to try my best now I got some idea to use flashfxp, after that i have lot of questions may be you will continue help to put me on the right track of the dm500s

krazylegz
6th August, 2008, 10:04 PM
good luck m8 and fire away with any future questions, thats why were here m8:)

pervez
16th August, 2008, 08:08 AM
Thanks . I printed your guideline but connection refused. I put every thing correct my dm500s ip address. I used other utilitie filzilla and coreFTP These are working and message is comming that transfered successfully. I started CCcam but still fta. Here I put one question if you have time How I see in DM that files are there. 2nd Question that How I delete one Channel and Sat.

krazylegz
16th August, 2008, 10:14 AM
to see if files are there just ftp back into box and look in respective folders in this case var/keys and var/scce.

did u tranfer to var/scce too?

to delete a channel or satellite i use a program called dreambox edit available from here Digital Kaos - Downloads - DreamboxEdit v2.02 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=10)

pervez
16th August, 2008, 06:27 PM
Oh! sorry I think I was wrong I transfered to wrong directory of dm. Now I will do it as you advised me. Then I shall show the result, Thanks for the prompt reply

<--pervez added 445 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...-->

Oh! sorry I think I was wrong I transfered to wrong directory of dm. Now I will do it as you advised me. Then I shall show the result, Thanks for the prompt reply

Congratulate me. I got it now I am watching somthing God bless u. Thank for your great help. After one month you put me on track now I am going to use dbedit to arrange the Channels. appreciated your efforts to guide me. Today is the 1st day I am watching channels. One question I put here for u. what kind of cards I need to watch further channels I like sports. Footbal, Cricket, Hockey wreslling etc.