PDA

View Full Version : Vivaro A 2014 Spare key

purdy
11th March, 2017, 08:35 AM
I'm struggling to program spare key on one of these. True code pulls pin ok gets access and can reprogram old key back in ok. When I offer up a virgin key it has a dicky fit. Throws me out but also locks the pcf7946 in virgin key. If I try with Renault clip and tech2 and it does the same. I've locked new 3 keys now. When using clip it comes back as key not recognised for this vehicle when I offer up a new key. It's as if they need to be pre coded or something. They are using the old pebble two button key. Still the old shape vivaroA/traficII must be getting to the last of this model. I've never had a problem before. Any one see this or have any thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rob h
11th March, 2017, 11:07 AM
Did you prepare the id46 keys first with a keytool?!

rapidlocksmiths
11th March, 2017, 11:58 AM
ive done plenty of late vivaro keys without issue right up to the late 2014 facelift to new shape . is the key oem or aftermarket ?

did you try just coding the new key on its own and trying to code new key 1st , if yes then it certainly suggests it doesnt like the key for some reason

if its doing exact same with other kits then it is pointing to not liking the key

purdy
11th March, 2017, 12:08 PM
ive done plenty of late vivaro keys without issue right up to the late 2014 facelift to new shape . is the key oem or aftermarket ?

did you try just coding the new key on its own and trying to code new key 1st , if yes then it certainly suggests it doesnt like the key for some reason

3D aftermarket key never give problems before defiantly not happy with key not sure why. It's locked up 3 keys now. Reluctant to keep throwing keys at it.

purdy
11th March, 2017, 12:09 PM
Did you prepare the id46 keys first with a keytool?!

Nope used virgin 3D aftermarket keys always worked well before.

rapidlocksmiths
11th March, 2017, 12:14 PM
red immo light , is it flashing on off continuous with new key after programming ? or staying on or going off as it should after a second

Cromwe11
11th March, 2017, 12:17 PM
Last aftermarket Vivaro remote I had from 3D (I don't normally buy them from them) I had a problem with. Programmed in fine and started the van a couple of times remote worked. Then nothing van didn't recognise it anymore.

rapidlocksmiths
11th March, 2017, 12:20 PM
Last aftermarket Vivaro remote I had from 3D (I don't normally buy them from them) I had a problem with. Programmed in fine and started the van a couple of times remote worked. Then nothing van didn't recognise it anymore.thats why i only use oem keys , never had an issue , ive had poor aftermarket versions in past so stopped using them all together , always get bad batches with aftermarket keys even when normally reliable , and as the vehicle likes the old key and has kicked out all 3 aftermarket keys id think its certainly the key it doesnt like and want.

it costs me more to only supply oem on these , but i never get called back to a job so swings and roundabouts , they are not an expensive key so easily absorbed , plus im not as cheap as the beer brigade so levels out , call backs cost me more in grand scheme of things so i stick to oem on these

purdy
11th March, 2017, 02:33 PM
Just ordered OE. Will report back in the week. If it is the keys a good lesson learnt. A hour of time and three keys. For what should be a painless 5 mins work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doctore
11th March, 2017, 02:58 PM
you have a problem with the preparation of key
new key that will not help you at all
if you dont duet correct preparation for this model:top:

coolsoda
11th March, 2017, 05:56 PM
Did the 3 keys start the vehicle,if not try and programme a carbon PCF7936
When you have done this i can tell you the solution.

purdy
11th March, 2017, 06:49 PM
Did the 3 keys start the vehicle,if not try and programme a carbon PCF7936
When you have done this i can tell you the solution.

No these did not start. I'll have it back in to get to the bottom off this Next week. I'll try a pcf7936.

purdy
11th March, 2017, 06:58 PM
you have a problem with the preparation of key
new key that will not help you at all
if you dont duet correct preparation for this model:top:

I've never pre prepared these before they have allways worked out of the box. If know I renew the pcf i would need to format them I thought this was for remote to work. I'm newish to this and learning hard and fast. It's bloody interesting and I appreciate all the help.

kemaster
13th March, 2017, 09:48 AM
Last batch 3D aftermarket VXR10c(Traffic2/Vivaro) came prepared for Modus/Clio3/Kangoo2(suppose they stock them from China too)

coolsoda
13th March, 2017, 03:57 PM
No these did not start. I'll have it back in to get to the bottom off this Next week. I'll try a pcf7936.

If the did not start the vehicle the keys must have been used before.
Or for some reason they did not programme in.
If the programming failed your original key would still work.
Clear all fault codes and you can disconnect battery.

Can you read the keys to see if they are all locked.

Even with the incorrect precode they would have started the vehicle even if remote did not work.

Where did you purchase keys from.
Chinese keys work fine.

purdy
15th March, 2017, 10:17 PM
New OE key flew in. Lot of lessons learnt on this one. Thanks for all the input. [emoji3]