PDA

View Full Version : Open Media Firmware on other boxes?

hotbaws11
30th July, 2008, 08:37 PM
Howdy,

Just a quick question about the Neutrio Firmware for the Open Media box. I assume this would work on other versions (e.g. dreambox 500c)?

Also, is there any info on the Neutrio image. For example the only Neutrio images that I've heard about on the dreambox is Cryo's.

Cheers.

satman
30th July, 2008, 09:27 PM
Howdy,

Just a quick question about the Neutrio Firmware for the Open Media box. I assume this would work on other versions (e.g. dreambox 500c)?

Also, is there any info on the Neutrio image. For example the only Neutrio images that I've heard about on the dreambox is Cryo's.

Cheers.

yip , you can use the neutrino image on a dm500,,,

hotbaws11
30th July, 2008, 11:45 PM
Cheers for the reply... is this a new custom built neutrino image or just a modded one like cryos unfinished one?

satman
31st July, 2008, 11:10 AM
Cheers for the reply... is this a new custom built neutrino image or just a modded one like cryos unfinished one?

Well i cant really compare the two,, but lets say its a 'modded' Ru Dream style Neutrino, that would have been a really nice image if it had the set-my-location plugin.
I had a look at it on a dm500 last week,,, unfortunalty i couldnt test here much as it was a set ready for cable, and didnt like my sat tuner in my dm500

hotbaws11
31st July, 2008, 12:25 PM
Cheers, I think I'll give it a try at somepoint and see if I can port the setmylocation plugin from the dbox... (assuming nobody has already said that it won't work!)

max_gee
31st July, 2008, 03:29 PM
This image has something better then the set my location... its got the NIT scanning option which in my opinion is better.

all you need to do is enter the freq where your nit is on...e.g. 331 or 643 for pure.. and then do a nit scan and it will find all channels in 1.5 mins and it wont miss any out.

hotbaws11
31st July, 2008, 03:42 PM
This image has something better then the set my location... its got the NIT scanning option which in my opinion is better.

all you need to do is enter the freq where your nit is on...e.g. 331 or 643 for pure.. and then do a nit scan and it will find all channels in 1.5 mins and it wont miss any out.

Wow... that is really good for dreambox/OpenMedia boxes as I always thought they would never be able to compete with the dbox fast scan!

satman
1st August, 2008, 02:51 PM

there ye go , straight from the horses mouth so to speak,,, sorry as i said, i couldnt test as i have sat tuner in my dm500