PDA

View Full Version : parental channel blocking

cablefreejunkie
30th July, 2008, 08:43 PM
hello all,dont worry my dbox is fine and dandy,,just a quick question,,,is it possible to pin protect certain bouquets ? or pin protect certain channels ? any advice much appreciated

ruprect
30th July, 2008, 08:49 PM
Yes, depends on the image though. Usually press dbox and go to settings, should be "youth protection" or similar wording, some may have it hidden in which case you have to go to the customisation section in settings (maybe a similar name) and make it visible.

Then you can create a PIN. Then press dbox, go to service, go to bouquet editor and you should be able to PIN protect certain bouquets.

cablefreejunkie
30th July, 2008, 08:54 PM
kool,i have created a pin but this is visible when i go back to the youth protection option,can i hide the pin ?

ruprect
30th July, 2008, 08:57 PM
That sounds odd, perhaps it needs a reboot, or perhaps it stays visible if you have not actually locked any bouquets yet. Try both. Also tell us what the image is so others might help better, all images are slightly different

MetMan
30th July, 2008, 09:05 PM
hello all,dont worry my dbox is fine and dandy,,just a quick question,,,is it possible to pin protect certain bouquets ? or pin protect certain channels ? any advice much appreciated

hello m8 img ok then if u want to remove the channel totally u can edit the service.xml file in a text editor and delete the channels

if u want to bouquet lock then press dbox - service - bouquet editor - cursor on bouquet and press dbox look at the commands at the bottom of the screen u will see choices of lock rename or hide press the blue button when chosen.

you will have to then save and go into dbox - settings - youth protection - prompt for pin, choose 'on locked bouquet' choose ur age on lock program and ur pin code and save settings....

edit: to make the youth protection pin protected and hide the pin u will have to go into dbox - settings - personalization, there u can choose to make youth protection visible / not visible / or pin protected....if u want to hide pin then change 'require pin' in access to yes, or change settings to pin protected

cablefreejunkie
30th July, 2008, 09:38 PM
im sure it will work,but at the moment i cant get my head round it,i have clicked on bou editor i then get a list of letters and numbers,i will have another look later,thanks for the quick replys

MetMan
30th July, 2008, 09:55 PM
im sure it will work,but at the moment i cant get my head round it,i have clicked on bou editor i then get a list of letters and numbers,i will have another look later,thanks for the quick replys

have u created bouquets yet? if u see letters and numbers are they like
1BE
1C2
nopig_13F
etc

these are provider IDs

you need to create bouquets

cablefreejunkie
30th July, 2008, 10:12 PM
i have created a bouquet and named it,,,how do i then put the channels in that bouquet ??

MetMan
30th July, 2008, 10:16 PM
i have created a bouquet and named it,,,how do i then put the channels in that bouquet ??

into bouquet editor into ur new bouquet which u should see may be at the bottom of the numbers and letters - the green button to add - yellow to move etc

delete all the numbers and letters they are all providers id named as bouquets

save ur service and bouquets first ....just in case

cablefreejunkie
30th July, 2008, 10:42 PM
i have loaded the channels into the bouquet but they are still visible,i have got pin protection,will have to have another go tomorrow,also whats the difference between the different images i see on this site for download,i saw this lakys image on here today,whats the difference between the one i have and that ?? i want to mess around this box as i feel a bit more confident of not ~~~~ing it up

cablefreejunkie
31st July, 2008, 10:52 AM
i have managed to sort out the bouquet lock etc,,cheers