PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo Jade mod complete - At last!

mrdude
31st July, 2008, 02:11 AM
FOR DREAMBOX 500C ONLY

Well guys finaly it's done, All updates if it needs any + Addons can be done via the software management panels - no need for any re-installs!

All you need to do is this:

Install image - scan for services or load your own
goto software management (yellow button) - downloads
select keys & updates - Install roms & keyfiles
select scam key fix scripts - choose your area
select services and bouquets (if you live in fife) - install them (more to be added when available)

Then that's it - you'll be up and running in minutes.

You can also change your bootlogo to your own, run a startup script & there are a few more features such as backups etc.

Let me know if you find any bugs (I don't think there's any left - lol) once tested here I'll post in the main forums

Enjoy:

http://rapidshare.com/files/133712199/jade_modded_-_final.rar.html

NOTE: DON'T select factory reset - you'll wipe out most of my mods - lol

Dowie
31st July, 2008, 08:28 AM
Hi mate,

The link has session expired any chance of uploading again??

Dowie

mrdude
31st July, 2008, 10:08 AM
Hi mate,

The link has session expired any chance of uploading again??

Dowie

I have just checked the link and it's working fine m8. - just click on free user.

napster
31st July, 2008, 10:32 AM
any chance of doing one for 600pvr m8

mrdude
31st July, 2008, 11:57 AM
any chance of doing one for 600pvr m8

I don't have a 600 anymore m8, I'll need to see one of my mates and see if he will lend me his - otherwise sorry m8. If I do manage to get his i'll post it here though.

tosh3
19th November, 2008, 02:39 AM
quite new to all this, will this image be ok for VM? And is it the latest, havent got a clue :shot:

snoopy145
25th November, 2008, 10:29 PM
Hi

Fairly new to the Dreambox world etc, does this image work on the Linux Black box. I have been told that the black box is an exact replica on the inside to the Dreambox 500c just a different look

mrdude
30th November, 2008, 02:42 AM
Yes it will work, you can also download the updated roms from the downloads menu + auto updating will be fixed.

Make sure you flash using the telnet method and not via dreamup.

tosh3
2nd December, 2008, 01:23 AM
Yes it will work, you can also download the updated roms from the downloads menu + auto updating will be fixed.

Make sure you flash using the telnet method and not via dreamup.

Oh i Done all that about a week ago, with dreamup, it seemed to work and still is working. But thanks anyway for the reply, cheers m8
:shakehands:

bgengine
22nd January, 2009, 12:39 PM
Mr Dude,
Sorry if this is a silly question .. but what is the difference between your image and the pli Jade DM500 image from the PLi web site... what mods have you made ?

thanks

LeonT
10th March, 2009, 12:48 AM
This is a GREAT Image!!!

In fact it's my all time favourite so far!

I LOVE the Mr Dude Xtras :) - a total breeze to install!

AWESOME!

BUT!.............

I can't find movieplayer plugin!!! Waaaahh!

For me, movieplayer is the whole point of using a Jade Image - its easy to setup, reliable, a LOT better quality than fooling around with vlcf frontend.....

Where did it go??? I cant find it in Installed Plugins, nor can I yellow button download it, or - more worryingly - find it as a plugin anywhere (so far)...

Hey Mr Dude - did you remove it? Can I have it back???..... Please???

any advice as to how to get pli-jade movieplayer back into this otherwise excellent image MUCH appreciated!

LeonT

OH, and... since this is my first (proper serious) post, can I just say - WHAT A GREAT FORUM!!! - I've been brainstorm-learning this whole Dm500 game from scratch and I'm doing fairly well so far with the info gleaned from this site! A big Thanks to everybody!