PDA

View Full Version : Chiptuning visible for dealer?

Unichip77
17th March, 2017, 08:40 AM
Hi Everybody,

I would like to ask about the problem that the modified software car turns out when dealer makes diagnostic check.
I don't know much about it so any information what helps welcome.

For start: my KTAG recent update offers something for BMW cars which hides the tuning from dealer.
How is it done? How it was before? The dealers could say the car is modified?
Which models are those the dealer can recover the modifications?

Share infos help others.

Regards
UNI

tango
17th March, 2017, 10:52 AM
i would guess its to do with flash counter

donesko
17th March, 2017, 02:50 PM
If done by boot flash coutner isnt increasing. But still they can figure it out by CVN

Babos
17th March, 2017, 03:13 PM
He can to see!!!
you not see but he see ecu be remap!

Youneselm
17th March, 2017, 05:51 PM
That patch is useless![emoji6]

If Bmw dealer do a short test with there tool, they do a quick checksum check , RSA check, and CVN check. Than iT is not visual unless you have erors like turbo pressure,.. than there wil be an Error generated in Wich conditiond the Error came up. Any trained bmw technician wil see and report this. This is in a short test.
But If They do an extended test, scan deeper into the ecu or other modules, they wil always find other parameters such as maximum generated calculated torque, maximum injection time pulse width, boost presure,... that always prove that this cat have a tuning.
So If somebody tell this story off an undetecable tuning, they dont have any experience on that level or just want to sell there tune.[emoji6]

In short words, waisted money my friend.[emoji6]

Press Thank and Reputation If info was helpfull.
Always there to help people[emoji304]