PDA

View Full Version : MPPS V16 help..

slickkon
17th March, 2017, 09:25 AM
Hi all, so i managed to get my replacement ECU after i bricked the last one using Kess. Now i just got my hands on a Chinese MPPS V16.

Now the problem is, I'm trying to use the MPPS V16 on a Fiat Bravo T-Jet 1.4, Bosch ME7.9.10.

When I try to select the ECU, i only have CAN option, no K-Line. When I try to read, it says trouble waking ECU or something like that.

When i try to write, checksum i do manually- select edited file, then original file, message at the bottom says '0 checkzones 0 corrections'. There after I click write, it says 'cannot find ECU control number'.

Can someone please advise, its so frustrating.. help me please...

Thank you friends in advance..

slickkon
17th March, 2017, 10:14 AM
Anyone help please? MPPS V16 car list say can write with CANBUS, but i cant..

Help.. stupid car is undrivable and fuel consumption is shit.

pulsar2000
17th March, 2017, 10:16 AM
Another ecu to brick then :>
If you look carefully you will see wont read only write, Same on kess Not even on List, (K TAG will do)
you need to open ecu and Read IN BOOT Mode :>
OR maybe you ID and find Original to mod, then take a gamble and hope your flaky v16 may write,

After your last disaster id walk away from this mate,

slickkon
17th March, 2017, 10:24 AM
:apologetic::apologetic:
Another ecu to brick then :>

Ahaha, hope it doesnt happen my friend.. just need to flash this map and be done with it. :apologetic:

Possible to help me friend pulsar2000?

pulsar2000
17th March, 2017, 10:26 AM
yes see i ammended, BOOT mode only to Read, its not the Tool its the ECU

you cant do anything on a read till you put ecu in boot mode,
or ID and get orig,

slickkon
17th March, 2017, 10:30 AM
Thanks Pulsar, so if i need to write, also put it in boot mode? Im guessing:
Solder resistors
Connect pin out to 12v, GND and k-line
Turn on, wait for boot mode then read and write?

Last time i used kess kline to write, was ok for a few writes, then it failed and bricked.

Sorry forgot to mention i already have edited bin file ready to write.. just need to get the damn thing to write.

pulsar2000
17th March, 2017, 10:48 AM
Thanks Pulsar, so if i need to write, also put it in boot mode? Im guessing:
Solder resistors
Connect pin out to 12v, GND and k-line
Turn on, wait for boot mode then read and write?

Last time i used kess kline to write, was ok for a few writes, then it failed and bricked.

Sorry forgot to mention i already have edited bin file ready to write.. just need to get the damn thing to write.

Post up the ID of ecu, you may get lucky someone have a original, save you opening, Dont guess on where and what for boot, as thats where damage done,
if no good google boot mode me7,9,10 connect correctly and mpps should read ok,
best of luck

pulsar2000
17th March, 2017, 10:50 AM
wait ,,,, you got a edited bin ? how you get that then ?

you checked hw and sw and 100% same, if so should write no problem,

slickkon
17th March, 2017, 10:54 AM
I dont know why it wont write.. last time i used CANbus on kess also wont write.

I got ori file from online and edit from there.. worked on the kess no problem.. K-Line

slickkon
17th March, 2017, 12:36 PM
Anyone else can help? Please pulling my hair out

pulsar2000
17th March, 2017, 01:00 PM
u know mpps 18 does this ecu ok :> obd

listen u need to put ecu to boot then to write mod back,
simple u need to open ecu,
look for boot pin on google, k tag cnf1 and boot wire,

slickkon
17th March, 2017, 01:13 PM
Youre a godsent.. do i follow this? https://ibb.co/ew0a1F

Then plug back into car after soldering? Then use mpps?

OVERSPEED
17th March, 2017, 02:38 PM
MPPS can write by OBD only CAN type ECU (not K-Line type), with MPPS the only way to write or read K-Line type is on boot, you have to solder 2 680omhs resistors, read, modify, correct CKS by your own (MPPS will not correct in boot) and finally write on ECU.

by the way, take care with FGtech readins are they are bigger than other tools, you have to cut it to write with MPPS, KESS, etc

slickkon
17th March, 2017, 03:24 PM
So i have to find 2 680ohm resistors.. is the photo correct as to where to solder to? Once solder, can i connect the ECU back to the car? I want to ask also, even if file is wrong checksum, can i recover it in boot mode? Asking because the last time i bricked it wasnt a nice experience.

slickkon
17th March, 2017, 04:36 PM
Will go grab the resistors first thing the morning.. can ask for help? Once solder resistors, Do i connect to car or have to work on bench? Also, is the location to solder the resistors correct as per my photo above? Thank you brothers!

pulsar2000
17th March, 2017, 04:57 PM
how u plan to put to boot using just OBD cable with this ecu ?

maybe theres another way to put ecu to boot, i only see 2 x 100 ohm resistor, or v53 :<436329

I see this on Fgtech info:
you have FGTECH ??
since fw v53 = looks interesting :>

slickkon
17th March, 2017, 05:22 PM
Thank you for picture, im getting more and more confused.. all diagram different. I plan to modify leftover Kess Clone Ktag cables... to join ECU pin out to MPPS pinout. Not sure if work. Or maybe get OBD2 to breakout converter cable?

pulsar2000
17th March, 2017, 05:26 PM
lol always the walkaway from it - less stress ?

your car or customer

slickkon
17th March, 2017, 05:29 PM
Yea true.. or spend like additional $150 to get a Kess or Fgtech clone.. my own car, would never mess with a customer's car like this.

pulsar2000
17th March, 2017, 05:34 PM
get a cheap fgtech, or a mpps 18 - meant to work over OBD according to info i see,

slickkon
17th March, 2017, 05:46 PM
Thank you for advise.. since i have your attention, would v53 suffice? China clone? If you have sample pic of reasonable quality pcb pls PM me if not too much trouble friend.. greatly appreciate your advice and help this far..

OVERSPEED
17th March, 2017, 08:16 PM
MPPS V18 don?t work too, just on CAN type ECUs, FGtech will give you a file bigger than it shall be (you can?t import damos/a2l to it before cut to rigth size, and after will have to make it bigger again)...

pulsar2000
17th March, 2017, 11:12 PM
to be honest for the next to zero gains unless your realy bored id leave well alone,
if great gains were possible on this engine there would be far better info, sounds like Overspeed has read and wrote a few and sounds like a pain in the A$$

OVERSPEED
17th March, 2017, 11:41 PM
Made a lot of these

With 100%ethanol (need injectors) and Dekatt i achieve 205cv and 37mkgf...

With podium only 180/184cv

slickkon
18th March, 2017, 01:56 AM
MPPS V18 don?t work too, just on CAN type ECUs, FGtech will give you a file bigger than it shall be (you can?t import damos/a2l to it before cut to rigth size, and after will have to make it bigger again)...

Does that mean i would still have to boot mode, and get original 896kb file,
cut the 64kb ram,
edit maps,
checksum edited 832kb file,
join back 64kb ram to make it 896kb,
write to ECU via OBD2 896kb file using Galletto V54

I already have edited maps back when i was using the KessV2 so no need for damos etc. ,it wrote 832kb files via OBD2 K-line no issue.

My question now is, what is in that 64kb? Is it possible i use my existing 832kb file, and join a 64kb? If yes, how/where to get the extra 64kb of data?

slickkon
18th March, 2017, 01:59 AM
Made a lot of these

With 100%ethanol (need injectors) and Dekatt i achieve 205cv and 37mkgf...

With podium only 180/184cv

Hi friend OVERSPEED, yes thats right, was running about 185bhp on Ron97 thats about as far as i went.. made a few adjustments to the map, tried to flash again, Boom.. bricked it. Now i just want to flash back my 185bhp 832kb map and be done with it...

slickkon
18th March, 2017, 03:54 PM
i was thinking solder resistors on, plug ECu back into car, try to read/writevia OBD2 port.. is this at all possible?

pulsar2000
19th March, 2017, 08:40 AM
i was thinking solder resistors on, plug ECu back into car, try to read/writevia OBD2 port.. is this at all possible?

so same resistors as boot mode then you use obd to power and k line ? maybe who knows, if you got to open to do resistors why not just cut down that kess cable and go to pins then you know correct for Boot mode,

slickkon
19th March, 2017, 11:05 AM
so same resistors as boot mode then you use obd to power and k line ? maybe who knows, if you got to open to do resistors why not just cut down that kess cable and go to pins then you know correct for Boot mode,

Hi Pulsar2000, yeah, only worry is how to power up the ECU and MPPS. Actually made a ghetto rig using a CPU atx power supply. You think this would work?

https://ibb.co/dTqRrF
https://ibb.co/dCdCWF

Added a switch to simulate ign on and off (to cycle power of the ECU alone, not sure if it is needed)

Plugged in brick ECU and MPPS just to simulate. MPPS program read 12.5V - 12.3V.

Now my only worry is applying it on the ECU thats working, in fear of shorting something..

Edit: sorry realised i was missing a cable for K-Line MPPS to the ECU.

pulsar2000
19th March, 2017, 03:27 PM
Hi Pulsar2000, yeah, only worry is how to power up the ECU and MPPS. Actually made a ghetto rig using a CPU atx power supply. You think this would work?

https://ibb.co/dTqRrF
https://ibb.co/dCdCWF

Added a switch to simulate ign on and off (to cycle power of the ECU alone, not sure if it is needed)

Plugged in brick ECU and MPPS just to simulate. MPPS program read 12.5V - 12.3V.

Now my only worry is applying it on the ECU thats working, in fear of shorting something..

Edit: sorry realised i was missing a cable for K-Line MPPS to the ECU.

IMPRESSIVE work, what version you have just the 2 resisor method / or the v53 ?
i suppose so long as power on correct pins and you measure your ghetto supply output, and is good, and pins on ecu correct, good to go

slickkon
19th March, 2017, 03:35 PM
IMPRESSIVE work, what version you have just the 2 resisor method / or the v53 ?
i suppose so long as power on correct pins and you measure your ghetto supply output, and is good, and pins on ecu correct, good to go

Hi Pulsar2000, thank you for your kind words.. had the same idea as you to cannibalize the parts/wire from the kess v2.

So now, im not sure which diagram to follow, regarding the soldering of the resistors. My diagram from kessv2 or the one you posted, also not forgetting OVERSPEED also mentioned something about 680ohm resistors instead of 100ohm stated im both our diagrams

slickkon
20th March, 2017, 09:06 AM
Hi all, Im happy to report that it worked! Followed the soldering instructions from the KESS photo i posted.

Big up and thanks to Pulsar2000, OVERSPEED, for the time they took to guide me along! Good stuff!

pulsar2000
20th March, 2017, 11:30 AM
Hi all, Im happy to report that it worked! Followed the soldering instructions from the KESS photo i posted.

Big up and thanks to Pulsar2000, OVERSPEED, for the time they took to guide me along! Good stuff!

Good news, finally some more power and good share for others in future,,,

slickkon
22nd March, 2017, 08:00 AM
Ok latest update. Was driving around normal these few days. Today, something weird happened. Drove as normal, parked and went around my business. Came back, damn car doesnt start?! Got same symptoms as the bricked ecu. Removed my battery.. and reconnected.. still nothing.

Removed battery and unplugged ECU harness. And it starts? But only ONCE. Now everytime i turn the engine off, i gotta unplug the ECU and plug it back again.

Seriously.. it never ends..

Anyone got any ideas? Appreciate the help..

smirnoff_rules
22nd March, 2017, 08:20 AM
might be worth checking all connects and solder joints , you could also change the 12v to ignition 12v feed as its your car

slickkon
22nd March, 2017, 08:36 AM
Sorry dont quite understand how to go about it..

What do you reckon in going on here? Bad programming? But the car starts everytime i physically disconnect and connect the ECU.

How do i go about change the ignition? Its weird.. after the first time i try to start the car.the secomd time i put it in 'acc' The fuel pump doesnt come on, all sorts of asr errors, hill holder error, abs error.. cant be immobiliser as the fuel pump will come on even with immo on, just wont turn over.

Unplug ecu, plug it back.. starts like nothing happened..

pulsar2000
22nd March, 2017, 09:46 AM
Did you reseal ECU Lid properly ?

Any chance PCB getting rain in or wet ?

Just a thought

slickkon
22nd March, 2017, 11:15 AM
Hu Pulsar2000.. yes.. lid closed tight.. no apparant moisture whatsoever.. anyone else can chime in to help? Never encountered this before.. usually it either works or it doesnt..

pulsar2000
22nd March, 2017, 12:08 PM
and was ok before you map ecu ?
must be some damage when solder, or check carefully all solder off where you put resistor

slickkon
22nd March, 2017, 12:53 PM
Yeah, was fine until today.. thanks for advice.. will check solder points again..

OVERSPEED
22nd March, 2017, 02:48 PM
If it start only one time it?s is a CKS error, I get one of this using ECM on these ECU.

slickkon
22nd March, 2017, 06:16 PM
If it start only one time it?s is a CKS error, I get one of this using ECM on these ECU.

Hi OVERSPEED, thank you for your reply. How do I go about correcting it? Reflash it again? But ECM checksum is same for all the Fiat Me7.9.10 right?

And youre right, i did use ECM to checksum it the first time around.. its weird it suddenlu acting up..

which other method or program to do the checksum again? Thank you OVERSPEED

OVERSPEED
22nd March, 2017, 10:13 PM
If you use MPPS it will not change CKS, if you write by OBD with Kess it does the CKS when writing and work... only ECM has one or more CKS adress less then it shall be

slickkon
23rd March, 2017, 12:29 AM
If you use MPPS it will not change CKS, if you write by OBD with Kess it does the CKS when writing and work... only ECM has one or more CKS adress less then it shall be

Thanks for the info, im a little confused. so I cant use ECM? Or I can use it, jusy have to select another Driver?

slickkon
23rd March, 2017, 01:29 PM
Hi all, once again, i feel like i cheated death with your help. Thank you guys. Respect.

OVERSPEED
23rd March, 2017, 01:40 PM
MPPS Write the file as you select => If you cks with WinOLS = OK, If you cks with ECM you MAY have problem with cks

KESS make CKS before Write => If you cks with WinOLS, ECM or even did not cks =OK

Other tools may correct or not the file before save (Piasini don?t cks, KTag and FGtech I guess do cks before write)

slickkon
23rd March, 2017, 04:48 PM
Hi Overspeed, i used ECM, lucky me it worked. Thanks for the advice!