PDA

View Full Version : blue or red?

clapton64
31st July, 2008, 06:22 PM
I am going to have a go at updating my brothers eurovox.
It is silver and has two scarts so I assume that its a eurovox2 but I wanted to know if the blue or red firmware will work on the box.
Clapton64

marvo
31st July, 2008, 11:19 PM
look at the top of your
box thru the holes at the back if the tuner goes down 8 holes
is red if it goes down 12 holes its blue

smirnoff_rules
31st July, 2008, 11:23 PM
if its silver u dont use red or blue m8 there for max boxes u just need eurovox 2 software and voxer to install it

marvo
31st July, 2008, 11:36 PM
i didnt know about silver ones ,,i thought they were all black,,also it usually says "this firmware is not suitable for this box" or something along these lines, if you try to download the wrong file.

smirnoff_rules
31st July, 2008, 11:42 PM
this is the one he has l would think

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6526/eurovox2qb2.jpg

max will install on a eurovox 2 but the remote will not work

marvo
1st August, 2008, 12:45 AM
Thanks for straighening me out smirnoff, Im sure clapton know what hes doing now. The only boxes Ive seen have been black with silver remotes. i think these must be the red and blue max boxes. Usually the dnupman as a red or blue band indicating which is which. Im of the field with eurovox2. sometimes a little knowledge can be a bad thing,,thanks for info.

clapton64
1st August, 2008, 06:37 PM
Thats the box,Smirnoff.
I flashed it last night using the eurovox2 firmware and all is well so far.
Great forum.

thedutchman
6th August, 2008, 07:31 PM
hi, i have a similar problem, i have a euro vox max but its black, its not the one in the picture you have shown and i have no idea what firmware to update, any ideas would be appreciated?

smirnoff_rules
6th August, 2008, 08:01 PM
its a max u have m8 . u can use red and blue software and it will tell u wot box u have . install blue and it will say u need blue

thedutchman
6th August, 2008, 10:12 PM
thanks for that mate, i'll give it a try, only just got the cable through

Jaffa
6th August, 2008, 10:57 PM
As smirf said..the box will tell you if you have the wrong firmware and it wont harm it, but for your own future refernce.

Look at the back and if there is a screw between the rf in and the loop out then its Blue. Red doesnt have the screw.

Also have a look at this pic, see the silver tuner just below the vents (top right) if it goes 8 slots back its Red, 11 or 12 slots and its Blue. (as Marvo said earlier)