PDA

View Full Version : starview 5 any good

calhib
3rd October, 2009, 10:11 AM
hi i am just wondering if the new starview 5 was any good as i am looking for a starview or eurovox box thanks .callam:manuflag:

bvilleuk
5th October, 2009, 09:01 AM
hi i am just wondering if the new starview 5 was any good as i am looking for a starview or eurovox box thanks .callam:manuflag:
How long is a piece of string??!!

They are all good -- if you want the ease of flashing by USB [highly recommended!] I would go for the STARVIEW 4 or 5 [possibly the FIRMWARE for 4 is better established... and the BOX 4 is a bit cheaper as well...]

Or the EUROVOX ex1100 usb???

Whichever, there are lots of Good Guys in both the EUROVOX and STARVIEW forums who will help you get up and running -- like they did me :)

You've come to the right place -- welcome to DK !!

andiewill
5th October, 2009, 11:24 AM
Personally i would go for a dreambox or something else Linux based, due to as soon as an update is needed the SV box it is almost void with hardly or no images available which is why they keep bringing out new box's every minute ? go for a good Linux based box, and contrary to what people say they are ease of use once you get your head around it, just like any new equipment..

jaydee
5th October, 2009, 11:53 AM
I am finding it Hard to Conquer the PVR (how to) on the Starview5 but otherwise a nice box ,the different channels ie Films, Sport go into their own folders so very easy to find . The big plus was a 20% discount from Wiz- satellites.

DESSERTDOG
5th October, 2009, 04:22 PM
To be honest its down to the individual user i think.
I have had a pace with card that had to be programed every so often,a dbox2 not a bad box but could not get around the workings to record with it,had a clone dreambox C tuner was utter crap but then for 65 qiud what did i expext im now on my first Sv its the 5 i got this because its easy to get up and running with the usb port also dead simple to record to either flash memory or a 30gig HardDrive both i have used with great success not used timed recordings yet thats my next exercise lol.:wavey:

raylan72
30th March, 2010, 03:18 AM
hi to all im planning to buy a starview5,just want to ask what is the 1st step to operate?many thank

badapple
30th March, 2010, 03:34 AM
hi to all im planning to buy a starview5,just want to ask what is the 1st step to operate?many thank

Hi m8, the first step would be to research nag3 posts.

It really is not worth buying a cable box atm as nag3 is being rolled out allover the UK and very soon ALL cable boxes will be useless.